****ing cager intentionally tried to ram me - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ****ing cager intentionally tried to ram me

lazer incognito

Re: ****ing cager intentionally tried to ram me

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    You're just tempted by the dark side of the force...

Seriously though.. There is more wisdom in letting go than there is in seeking revenge.
    Wisdom is sooooooo over rated.

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Violence only benefits the powerful, and there's always someone more powerful than you.
    It nothing to do with being powerful, but more to do with standing up for yourself, and letting these asshats know they need to think twice.

lazer incognito

You're just tempted by the dark side of the force...

Seriously though.. There is more wisdom in letting go than there is in seeking revenge.
    Violence only benefits the powerful, and there's always someone more powerful than you.
    Again both what I expect from a Canadian point of view. Lets let the world walk over us, we may as well just be door mats for everyone.

+1

It is funny cause anytime we have any of such discussions seems like those of different backgrounds have no problems with understanding your logic...

Canadians on the other hand do not seem to care/mind or be bothered by so many serious issues... The are so passive that it makes you wonder what possibly could cause someone to become like that...

Quote Originally Posted by lazer incognito View Post
    Again both what I expect from a Canadian point of view. Lets let teh world walk over us, we may as well just be door mats for everyone.

You don't always have to win to make your point... Some times standing up and facing the battle means more than winning it...

lazer incognito

This is off topic but tell me what you would do. My 10 yr old son is being bothered by a smaller kid and his older sister, so then their dad comes out and yells at my son, and says to him want me to take you by the ear and drag you to your fathers house. I am suppose to just let that slide. Here's what I told my son
    "Tell him to **** off and if he touches you I will tell him how about I grab you by the throat and drag you to the hospital, which is good, because you're going to need medical attention".

Quote Originally Posted by jarekn View Post
    Canadians on the other hand...
    What nationality are you?
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Canadians on the other hand do not seem to care/mind or be bothered by so many serious issues... The are so passive that it makes you wonder what possibly could cause someone to become like that...
    What serious issues? An incident on a street? Widespread violence is a serious issue and I'm quite bothered by it. This is why I don't advocate retaliation. It only adds to the problem instead of fixing it. The "world will walk on us" mentality is causing the problem. LINK666 didn't get harassed because of his attitude, he got harassed because of somebody else's attitude. He just happened to be the target of it.

Now, about passivity. Following a blind desire for a revenge is more passive than resisting it. It is in a human nature to fight and follow instincts, but it's based largely on fear and greed. On the long run it will get you nowhere.

You don't always have to win to make your point... Some times standing up and facing the battle means more than winning it...
    Yes, but the wisdom is in what battles you choose to fight.
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 09-05-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Enough with the picking already... Grrr... :)

lazer incognito

Yes, but the wisdom is in what battles you pick.
    The only thing you're picking if you back down is your nose.

European, I was born in Poland and lived there till I was 13... Mind you I don't consider myself Polish nor Canadian... More of a free spirit

When I say Canadian's I am generalizing a bit too much... and I am not saying it in a negative way... I guess European up bringing is different...

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    What nationality are you?

Quote Originally Posted by lazer incognito View Post
    The only thing you're picking if you back down is your nose.
    If you backed down from a given fight, then you've already picked against it, so to speak...

Then yes, pick your nose if you want to practice more picking.
    (Not that there is anything wrong with that.. )
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 09-05-2008 at 09:44 PM.

European, I was born in Poland and lived there till I was 13... Mind you I don't consider myself Polish nor Canadian... More of a free spirit

When I say Canadian's I am generalizing a bit too much... and I am not saying it in a negative way... I guess European up bringing is different...
    thanks for clarifying - blanket statements of 'Canadians' get me worked up
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Yes that is why we keep on losing more rights and freedoms... That is why our education/health care system is getting worse and worse... I could go on and on...

I am not talking about REVENGE... I am talking about standing up for yourself - having some self respect - Not sure how you can call that blind???

Let me give you an example, if you have someone who goes around and causes trouble who is always getting away with it because no one stands up to him he we'll never change. If people start standing up (regardless of the outcome) sooner or later he'll start to think twice about his actions... I've seen teenagers here having no respect for their parents or others... (not all but enough) All because they are taught in schools that their parents can't whoop their *** when they deserve and they think they can get away with anything they want...

I had a prick like this in my area... boy was he wrong thinking he could mouth off to me - he found that out fairly quickly when he was hanging upside down with his head about to pound the pavement... His father watched the whole thing and was flipping dick... I told him to keep a leash on his dumb son or I would do it for him... and if he didn't like it to do something about it or get out of my way... Guess what the kid kept on being *** to every one else in the area... when he saw me he'd cross the road and not even look in my direction cause he knew better...

What serious issues? An incident on a street? Widespread violence is a serious issue and I'm quite bothered by it. This is why I don't advocate retaliation. It only adds to the problem instead of fixing it. The "world will walk on us" mentality is causing the problem. LINK666 didn't get harassed because of his attitude, he got harassed because of somebody else's attitude. He just happened to be the target of it.

Now, about passivity. Following a blind desire for a revenge is more passive than resisting it. It is in a human nature to fight and follow instincts, but it's based largely on fear and greed. On the long run it will get you nowhere.

I pick none, but I sure as hell will not back out from one And if someone is disrespecting me they've already started one...

Yes, but the wisdom is in what battles you pick.
    Last edited by jarekn; 09-05-2008 at 09:53 PM.

I am not talking about REVENGE... I am talking about standing up for yourself - having some self respect - Not sure how you can call that blind???
    It is clear that what I called blind was the anger and the desire for revenge, which you are denying.

Regarding the self-respect---you can have self-respect regardless of what you do. The problem is when people make it dependent on some imagined idea of perfection that they have for themselves. They think that they have to measure up and if they think they don't, they lose their self-respect. I'm not picking on you specifically, I have been there done that myself.

Let me give you an example, if you have someone who goes around and causes trouble who is always getting away with it because no one stands up to him he we'll never change.
    He may or may not change. How do you know that he won't? My own attitudes have changed on their own in the due course without any direct interventions on anyone's part. Life teaches its own lessons.

The key distinction is the motivation. It is very easy to defend one's ego claiming that this is really for the good of others. While it may appear to be so and may bring temporary relief, on the long run it will hurt you.

I pick none, but I sure as hell will not back out from one And if someone is disrespecting me they've already started one...
    Goddamit.. I should edit that darn post. By "pick" I meant "choose", not start...

All good man hehe

I know what you were saying here and in the prior post... I wish that we all had common sense from the day we are born... for some it takes few years and for other... well it just never does... lol I think majority of it has to do with education and upbringing... My father would whoop my *** any time I'd started some ****... but would never do it if someone else started it and I just did what was right... As much as I do not believe in physical punishment of kids I tell you that some of the beatings I got I'll remember very well and they were well deserved, hehe

I look at my younger brother who wasn't so fortuned and didn't get his *** whooped and can see that he didn't turn out that well... I keep on telling my mom that he should have been beaten a bit more but now it's too late

Goddamit.. I should edit that darn post. By "pick" I meant "choose", not start...

Not to be rude, but shyt happens man, your best bet is to play it cool, and not let the road rage get out of hand, because last summer near port dover, seen the same road rage attitude that ended up with very serious accident.

I'll make the story short, guy in van being an idiot, then guy on bike deiced to smash his mirror off, then the guy in van swerved and hit him off his bike, right infront of us all, at the corner of the main road to get into port dover. The guy made stupid move, but buddy on bike kinda provoked him at the same time.

Neways buddy on bike was alright, but his bike was smashed badly, and the guy in van only suffered huge fines and lost of licence for temporily time.

Why did all this happen? Because of road rage, and ppl getting carried away from taking it personally.
    "Sweating is better than bleeding, wear your gear!"

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    Not to be rude, but shyt happens man, your best bet is to play it cool, and not let the road rage get out of hand, because last summer near port dover, seen the same road rage attitude that ended up with very serious accident.

I'll make the story short, guy in van being an idiot, then guy on bike deiced to smash his mirror off, then the guy in van swerved and hit him off his bike, right infront of us all, at the corner of the main road to get into port dover. The guy made stupid move, but buddy on bike kinda provoked him at the same time.

Neways buddy on bike was alright, but his bike was smashed badly, and the guy in van only suffered huge fines and lost of licence for temporily time.

Why did all this happen? Because of road rage, and ppl getting carried away from taking it personally.
    It's all about principle. If everyone keeps backing down these ppl are going to carry on their stupid ways. It's like the bully in school, he keeps taking the kids lunch money until one kid stands up to him, and winning the fight isn't the big part, it;s the standing up to him , what gets every one else to realize this guy can be stood up to and it's not the end of the world, so the bully stops before that one kid beats him