2009 crf450r efi!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: 2009 crf450r efi!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 crf450r efi!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2009 crf450r efi!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post

Nice 23. That definitely will be a killer bike. I might have to get me one
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

'08 Yamaha WR250X (SuperRetard)
    '03 Suzuki SV1000S Current (Silver Surfer)

'07 Aprilia SXV 5.5 Teefed (Redstar)
    '04 Honda 1000RR Previous (Red1.2)
    '05 Yamaha R6 Previous (Red1)
    '89 Suzuki GS500E Previous (SuziQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the **** up and not be such a ******. you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post

Ben Steinberg Deals Gap Resort Manager

looks cool

If the budget allows me... I will buy one, and use my 02 as a spare

I'm in the process of shooting end editing the video review for Motocross.com. Look out for it on the site soon.

One of the fringe benefits is I get to ride it.

I've been racing the Suzuki 450 this year that already has FI. I shot the review for that and based on that I bought one. It will be interesting to see how or if the Honda differs.

Let's hope they've improved top end reliability. The honda's seem to have much shorter lifespans than the yamaha's in this regard.

I'll wait for the Yamaha fuel injection!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snobike Mike View Post
    Let's hope they've improved top end reliability. The honda's seem to have much shorter lifespans than the yamaha's in this regard.
    Myth.

Honda will last as long or longer than any any of the other brand if you do basic maintenance(namely air filters) properly. If the air filter is neglected on a Honda, the dirt gets by, through and around the filter. It then latches on to the valves and grinds away the seats. Yamahas do not have valve issues, not because they are better motors, but because their air filters are easier to maintain. I am meticulous about my filter maintenance, and thus my 06 Crf 450 valve clearance has not fluctuated once in 50 hrs of full on racing. I was also told, by a renown engine builder, that unlike Yamaha, because of Honda's Unicam and counterbalance shaft, the motors cannot be mechanically overreved. Mechanical overrev is the reason why so many YZ450 became instant parts bikes! Besides that you can buy 2 honda intake valves for 110$, but 3 Yamaha intakes will cost you 600$ +++ I calculate that the Yz better last 5 times longer!

Sorry guys, my MX blood runs Red. Had to stick up for my CRF's
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!

Quote Originally Posted by recidivist View Post
    sorry guys, my mx blood runs red. Had to stick up for my crf's
    +10000000000000000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I'm in the process of shooting end editing the video review for Motocross.com. Look out for it on the site soon.

One of the fringe benefits is I get to ride it.

I've been racing the Suzuki 450 this year that already has FI. I shot the review for that and based on that I bought one. It will be interesting to see how or if the Honda differs.

I got a ride on the Honda yesterday after the shoot. I only got 4 laps but here are some comments…..

The exhaust looks cool

It feels about the same weight as the 08 RMZ450 although on paper I think its a few pounds lighter

It’s svelte, I mean very narrow. I found it was a little difficult to grip the tank with my knees but was OK once I got used to it. Otherwise the overall riding position is very comfortable

Excellent brakes, I mean really good – One finger operation of the front is all that’s required

The powerband is less linear than the RMZ, I actually found it a bit peaky, but I assume that could be altered with the FI programming tool if I were setting up the bike for myself.

The suspension worked really well, it soaked up a lot, even an over-jumped double, with ease. Lots of bite, even on knarly stuff although there was definitely some head shake. I think it could have used more dampening.

It still doesn’t turn as well as the RMZ

Hot starting is still a SOB

Frame and crankcases looked ratty after one days riding

Since the engine is mostly all new, it will be interesting to see if they will be able to match Yamaha for top end reliability. That’s an area where Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki have been struggling over the past few years.

Would I buy one? – Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I got a ride on the Honda yesterday after the shoot. I only got 4 laps but here are some comments…..

The exhaust looks cool

It feels about the same weight as the 08 RMZ450 although on paper I think its a few pounds lighter

It’s svelte, I mean very narrow. I found it was a little difficult to grip the tank with my knees but was OK once I got used to it. Otherwise the overall riding position is very comfortable

Excellent brakes, I mean really good – One finger operation of the front is all that’s required

The powerband is less linear than the RMZ, I actually found it a bit peaky, but I assume that could be altered with the FI programming tool if I were setting up the bike for myself.

The suspension worked really well, it soaked up a lot, even an over-jumped double, with ease. Lots of bite, even on knarly stuff although there was definitely some head shake. I think it could have used more dampening.

It still doesn’t turn as well as the RMZ

Hot starting is still a SOB

Frame and crankcases looked ratty after one days riding

Since the engine is mostly all new, it will be interesting to see if they will be able to match Yamaha for top end reliability. That’s an area where Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki have been struggling over the past few years.

Would I buy one? – Yes.
    Thanks for the write up... could some of this issues be that the bike is not set up for your style of riding?

It needed more steering dampning, thats for sure. I'm assumming it would eliminate some of the headshake and I'm assuming you can tweak the FI and timing to make the powercurve more linear.

I'm not sure what you can do about the turning but its no shame comming second to the RMZ in this area. Suzuki have thay down pat.

No honda has EVER turned like a suzuki Chris, but the rest of the suzuki package has never been as good as the honda.

nice bike, but similar to the others out there. check out bmws new entry, the G 450X, should keep some competition up..

http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0711/071106_08.html

Check you facts before posting dude

The BWM won't be winning outdoor Motocross or Supercross races any time soon.

its power, weight, components and price are all relative to whats out there now. but no, bmw doesnt have mcgrath or metz, and isnt entered in that class. but for people riding at a local track near you, sure, why not

the BMW dry weight is about 40lbs heavier than the wet, full fuel weight of a CRF450

Its an enduro, probably a pretty good one, but its definitely not an MX racer.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    the BMW dry weight is about 40lbs heavier than the wet, full fuel weight of a CRF450

Its an enduro, probably a pretty good one, but its definitely not an MX racer.
    LaGrange has obviously never seen how badly enduro bikes get smoked, even at a local level. There's always some guy that wants to try his luck on an XR400, but its funny how you only ever see those guys once.
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!