Handles

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Handles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Handles

After the recent "attack" on Ghostriders handle I thought we might start another thread on "how did you get that name"? Some of you have taken the make or model of your bike, others from gaud knows where.

Aminal - Long time ago during my rebellious misspent youth one night at a party, a girl who had had too many refreshing beverages looked at me with her "crossed eyes" and proclaimed "You're an AMINAL" it just kinda stuck after that.

Fozzy - My lovely wife. At our first BBQ Cutekill decided we had to call her something, so it occurred to her that Aminal & Fozzy sorta went together so the rest is now history.

Killer Biker Dog - Sam the 4 1/2 lb buzzsaw attack poodle, capable of licking the makeup off your face and taking a slurp of your beer at the same time. What else would you call him? See "killer" dog in pictures of BBQ.

Come on Folks lets hear what ya got!

Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

SilverB
    Good one Aminal.

SilverB stands for Silver Bullet. My bike and my car are silver. And I drink Coors Light. So there you go. Some might not find it very original... but when they won't follow me on a twisty road, they'll say I'm as fast as a bullet...

As simple as that for my handle...

On another matter, we had over 15 cm of freakin' snow last night... Can someone with devine vision tell me when it will end? Is it too much to ask to have an early spring? I'd like to go for a ride before George Bush starts the end of the world...

Take care all, and ride safely.

O.K, so I guess I better get a handle!!

Re: Handles....

handles are good w

I was working on an MP3 player project in 1998 and joined a tech support forum using this nick and I've been using it ever since. The project internal code name was UFO

ceebr6
    i cant really remeber how i can up with my handle, hmmmmm ill have to get back to u guys on this 1

i am very unoriginal

Doodoo
    Quote Originally Posted by andy
    O.K, so I guess I better get a handle!!
    Yeah! Get somefink original, man!

(I used my real first name, because I refuse to respond to "hey beerstud23!" or whatever in a public place.)

Yorkee - study in York University....

I used to be Yorkuian because there are too many Yorkee around the cyber space, until the site down and we all start from ground zero..

not so
    pure 2-stroke spirit

I was making snow angels in the middle of winter with my ex girlfriend and she blurted out and pointed at me "ROGER POGER!"

The end.

Its misleading, and everyone thinks its my first name. I also use "Lunchbox" for work.

I got that nickname from Jay and silent bob

Anonymous
    Mine is pretty obvious although no longer applies. A long time ago I yearned for a Harley. But having seen the problems a few friends have had with theirs and the money they have spent I have changed my mind. I was going to change it to 'AntiSocial' but I figured that was too hard to hide behind (one meet and everyone would know) and 'BeerDud' is too close to Andrew's choice

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Mine is pretty obvious although no longer applies. A long time ago I yearned for a Harley. But having seen the problems a few friends have had with theirs and the money they have spent I have changed my mind. I was going to change it to 'AntiSocial' but I figured that was too hard to hide behind (one meet and everyone would know) and 'BeerDud' is too close to Andrew's choice
    Nothing wrong with a Harley, unless of course your friends owned one from the pathetic AMF years.

Talking Re: Handles....

Nimbus, A BLACK STORM CLOUD, my bikes BLACK, throw me some twisties I get just STORM'in and all you see is the CLOUD of dust in my wake. What more can I say?

I like to solve puzzles where I have to think outside the box.

Back in university, I was thinking about personalized licence plates, and tried to come up with a bumper stumper. The class I was thinking about it in was microcomputing and we were focusing on Intel's x86 assembler code.

x86, intel, think about plate...
    x86, intel, think...
    heh, add 'ect' on the end of intel and you get a thinker.
    Heyyy... I'm thinking right now.

Therefore:
    x86 + 'ect'
    = (intel) + 'ect'
    ~= intellect.
    Q.E.D.
    Last edited by x86ect; 04-03-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x86ect View Post
    I like to solve puzzles where I have to think outside the box.

Back in university, I was thinking about personalized licence plates, and tried to come up with a bumper stumper. The class I was thinking about it in was microcomputing and we were focusing on Intel's x86 assembler code.

x86, intel, think about plate...
    x86, intel, think...
    heh, add 'ect' on the end of intel and you get a thinker.
    Heyyy... I'm thinking right now.

Therefore:
    x86 + 'ect'
    = (intel) + 'ect'
    ~= intellect.
    Q.E.D.
    Now that is DEEP
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

Futurama episode 4ACV04 (Less than a hero):

Fry: Oh no! Our superpower cream is out of itself!
    Leela: Check inside the cap! There might be a caked in goldmine!
    [Fry unscrews the cap and looks inside.]
    Fry: El zilcho! I'm afraid we're boned.
    Bender: El zilcho...is it too late to change my superhero name?

I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Katanaplanet was the first internet message board I have ever signed up with. Alot of the key Katana-esq names were gone.
    I settled on Katapult 600 (as Katapult was taken )

~steven - south central 'ssauga

Banned

Dont you get a handle or nickname from someone else calling you it? You dont really pick out your own do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sport Ride View Post
    Dont you get a handle or nickname from someone else calling you it? You dont really pick out your own do you?
    Off the net, yeah. On the net, I'm sure a lot of people have different user names for different sites.

I'm a pilot, so I'm using this name. No police up there!

Always a big fan of Venom since i was younge, Venom was takn so i use SuperzVenomz as a substitute.
    They say "you dont know what you got tell its gone", thats true, but you also dont know what you were missing until you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport Ride View Post
    The story on mine (and it's a good one) is back on a previous page but I think most of the people just hear something and then have it in their mind when they're in need of a screen name.
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale