Caught by plane at 243 km/h - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught by plane at 243 km/h

Re: Caught by plane at 243 km/h

I am amazed that journalists and editors, all educated in the field of putting together a newspaper for public reading, with the aids of proof reading editors and spell-check software, can't put a correctly spelled sentence togther without grammatical errors. I am dumber after reading that article.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Com. Fantino says. "It borders on people wanting to commit suicide."

WTF? I guess this world is full of suicidal people!

I and many others have been riding 250+ and for sure have not been thinking of committing one! But he knows best what is good for us...

On a side note you have to be crazy to drive/ride fast on a long weekend when you know all the cops are out there...

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    I am amazed that journalists and editors, all educated in the field of putting together a newspaper for public reading, with the aids of proof reading editors and spell-check software, can't put a correctly spelled sentence togther without grammatical errors. I am dumber after reading that article.

Cool, I rode by there this afternoon. There was a cop on an access road at exit 456 seemingly not doing anything. I guess he was just waiting for the signal from the sky.

BTW, 'Volante' means 'flying' in Italian. That's what he was doing, and that's how he got caught. Unfortunate name, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Cool, I rode by there this afternoon. There was a cop on an access road at exit 456 seemingly not doing anything. I guess he was just waiting for the signal from the sky.

BTW, 'Volante' means 'flying' in Italian. That's what he was doing, and that's how he got caught. Unfortunate name, that's all.
    hey man OT but i luv ya bike can u post some pics of it? thnx

Quote Originally Posted by lazer incognito View Post
    **** that I would have ran for sure at that speed.
    Where the hell would you go?

Running shoes , shorts and a t-shirt? If thats his gear he was wearing and 240 plus clicks an hour on the 401 , he needs to thank to cops Unreal is all this old guy can say........ Its stories like this that make things worse for the rest of us thats for sure.

yup not good gear to ride in.

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Running shoes , shorts and a t-shirt? If thats his gear he was wearing and 240 plus clicks an hour on the 401 , he needs to thank to cops Unreal is all this old guy can say........ Its stories like this that make things worse for the rest of us thats for sure.

Quote:
    "It’s a nice sunny day and you can’t go out there and ride you’re bike."

Poor editing aside, I think he meant "race"

Hahaha. What a maroon.

Jarekn,

Are you kidding?!? Riding at that speed on a public road is RECKLESS no matter who you are, how much training you've had, and where you're doing it! It shows total disregard for your own safety and the safety of others. All it takes is a bird to hit you, a bad crack/tar snake in the road, hit a Timmie's cup, whatever and you are down when traveling that speed. At that speed your bike is going to be a projectile probably tumbling wildly down the road in several pieces into an un-suspecting driver (or several drivers) just trying to get to or from their destination safely. If there are any other vehicles near you at the time or coming the opposite direction, you would most likely cause them to have an accident too. Vehicles behind you would probably crash trying to avoid your corpse causing the vehicles behind them to crash as well.

Riding a motorcycle is the greatest joy in my life. I love it. I sometimes go 10-15km/hr over the limit, sometimes even 20km over. But if I wanted to go do those kinds of speed, I would be on the track, where it belongs.

Riders that ride like this guy (and riders like him) on the street give all riders a bad name. People read an article like that and like Motorcyclists less. Every time a rider gets ticketed for something like that, it causes everyone's insurance rates to go up. If suddenly there was a dramatic drop in speeding fines, reckless charges, stunting, crashes etc, you would see insurance rates go down across the board.

I guess this guy will be trading in his 600cc rocket for the Red Rocket now!
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSizzlak View Post
    Do you think gear would have made that much of a difference if he smoked something at those speeds?
    god thank you.

if you bail at 250 km/h you fail massively, no gear will save you. The grim reapers coming.
    RR

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Jarekn,

Are you kidding?!? Riding at that speed on a public road is RECKLESS no matter who you are, how much training you've had, and where you're doing it! It shows total disregard for your own safety and the safety of others. All it takes is a bird to hit you, a bad crack/tar snake in the road, hit a Timmie's cup, whatever and you are down when traveling that speed. At that speed your bike is going to be a projectile probably tumbling wildly down the road in several pieces into an un-suspecting driver (or several drivers) just trying to get to or from their destination safely. If there are any other vehicles near you at the time or coming the opposite direction, you would most likely cause them to have an accident too. Vehicles behind you would probably crash trying to avoid your corpse causing the vehicles behind them to crash as well.

Riding a motorcycle is the greatest joy in my life. I love it. I sometimes go 10-15km/hr over the limit, sometimes even 20km over. But if I wanted to go do those kinds of speed, I would be on the track, where it belongs.

Riders that ride like this guy (and riders like him) on the street give all riders a bad name. People read an article like that and like Motorcyclists less. Every time a rider gets ticketed for something like that, it causes everyone's insurance rates to go up. If suddenly there was a dramatic drop in speeding fines, reckless charges, stunting, crashes etc, you would see insurance rates go down across the board.

I guess this guy will be trading in his 600cc rocket for the Red Rocket now!
    Spoken like someone who has never riden 250km/h + on a ss motorcycle. If you have even done those speeds you would know that the bike is VERY stable at those speeds. I crack, bird or Tim Hortons cup will not even phase the bike. Hence, why you have to lean off the bike to turn.
    You must be a friend of Fantino. Making comments about something you have never experienced.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never riden 250km/h + on a ss motorcycle. If you have even done those speeds you would know that the bike is VERY stable at those speeds. I crack, bird or Tim Hortons cup will not even phase the bike. Hence, why you have to lean off the bike to turn.
    You must be a friend of Fantino. Making comments about something you have never experienced.
    so when you are hauling *** at 230kph in the fast lane and a car cuts in front of you, where are you gonna go?

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    so when you are hauling *** at 230kph in the fast lane and a car cuts in front of you, where are you gonna go?
    Over him.

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by MovinUp View Post
    Where the hell would you go?
    You don't usually have a route planned when you decide to run, but if you know the area well, there's always some where to go. Take the bike off raod in a forest, a mall with underground parking, ect.

I can feel the PAIN!

Good thing he stayed out of top gear!

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron View Post
    This is the exact reason some people decide to run from the cops.. The fact that a regular police officer has the right to decide your fate is beyond me.. The only part about fightin a ticket like this is, even if you win, the suspension stays on ur record and you've lost the impound costs.. That guy did get lucky with the $50/day charge tho.. Last person i heard this happened to was paying $110/day (reduced to $90/day after some negotiation)..

A street racing law should include more racers and less civilians.. i know for a fact that cops get paid to 'look the other way' when they know about underground street races like the ones in Scarborough and Peterborough..

Personally i think takin a bike to the track is the best option.. street riding is getting more dangerous and definitely not worth the tickets..
    I don't know what your definition of a 'street racer' and a 'civilian' is, but your average garden-variety civilian isn't doing 243 km/h like a total numb-nut on a Long-Weekend blitz with Smokey in the air. Seems to me that 182/207 was designed specifically with Toolage like this in mind.

Street Racer? Mr. Volante, if the shoe fits, wear it. Enjoy your bus pass.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Quote Originally Posted by skylinegtr34 View Post
    The article says that he hasn't gotten a ticket in 3 years. If he loses his fight with the courts, he is sure walking for the next few years. Because, his insurance will be like really expensive.

Not worth it!
    maybe not..
    might go to court and get it reduced to a major.
    In that case he would have 1 suspension and 1 major ticket (which counts for 3 minors or close to).

No comments where made about being cut off by a car. The comments where only addressing what whould happen if you hit a bird, crack or tim hortons cup.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Not that I condone doing 250+ on a highway...but what could you possibly do if you were doing 130 and a car cuts in front of you?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker