Caught by plane at 243 km/h

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught by plane at 243 km/h

Caught by plane at 243 km/h

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/A...Mandy%20Martin

Is Mark on the board? Good luck with the defense. At 243 kph, the would only have clocked him for 7.4 seconds (if they only did 500 m). A one second difference would drop it to 214. It should be an interested fight.

Re: Caught by plane at 243 km/h

$50/day storage is cheap!!

lazer incognito

How do they get off charging $275 for a tow. It's cheaper to tow a car. I paid $60 to have my truck towed from Simcoe and winchester in Oshawa to Dundas and Hopkins in Whitby. I wouldn't pay them that much.

they should of waited a few more intervals , i'm sure he could of pushed that speed up , 250 is just entering the bragging club on SS's . or maybe his speedo was off to the actual lower trap#, lol .

Quote Originally Posted by lazer incognito View Post
    How do they get off charging $275 for a tow. It's cheaper to tow a car. I paid $60 to have my truck towed from Simcoe and winchester in Oshawa to Dundas and Hopkins in Whitby. I wouldn't pay them that much.
    Need a flatbed to tow a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    ya , thats true ! i seen an unfortunate asian rider having his bike secured on a flatbed last sunday morning 401 eastbound near the allen . it was grey and looked like a 500cc . i would of asked if i could push it to the pound for that kind of money , lol . could you get a friend to actually pick it up in a truck & deliver it or do the cops want it off the road asap ?

funkatron

This is the exact reason some people decide to run from the cops.. The fact that a regular police officer has the right to decide your fate is beyond me.. The only part about fightin a ticket like this is, even if you win, the suspension stays on ur record and you've lost the impound costs.. That guy did get lucky with the $50/day charge tho.. Last person i heard this happened to was paying $110/day (reduced to $90/day after some negotiation)..

A street racing law should include more racers and less civilians.. i know for a fact that cops get paid to 'look the other way' when they know about underground street races like the ones in Scarborough and Peterborough..

Personally i think takin a bike to the track is the best option.. street riding is getting more dangerous and definitely not worth the tickets..

well ****ing DUH! Why would you do it on the highway where they patrol it?!?!

TIP: If you on the hwy and dont want to get cought by a plane look for the marks on the hwy! They are large marks in left lane you cant miss em. But i guess even without them they can charge you too lol

Anyway its better to take it to the track! (or somehwere far far far far far out of the city)
    2007 GSXR 1000 Yellow/Silver SOLD

Next - S1000rr?

OPP say Mark Volante didn’t set a record for the fastest driver ever on Highway 401 — but he came close.
    I'm surprised at this. I figured someone would've done a wheelie at 300km/hr on 401 for atleast 10km.

Feel sorry for the guy. Good luck!

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    They used a flatbed for my truck, because it's too heavy for a normal truck. This wasn't one time, I had it towed twice in two months.

that's unfortunate. Glad he was stopped before he killed himself or someone else though
    2002 Suzuki SV650s

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    that's unfortunate. Glad he was stopped before he killed himself or someone else though
    **** that I would have ran for sure at that speed.

skylinegtr34

The article says that he hasn't gotten a ticket in 3 years. If he loses his fight with the courts, he is sure walking for the next few years. Because, his insurance will be like really expensive.

Not worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladcanada View Post
    well ****ing DUH! Why would you do it on the highway where they patrol it?!?!

TIP: If you on the hwy and dont want to get cought by a plane look for the marks on the hwy! They are large marks in left lane you cant miss em. But i guess even without them they can charge you too lol

Anyway its better to take it to the track! (or somehwere far far far far far out of the city)

Here's another tip, don't pull that **** when they blitz the highway for a long weekend. It's not like the don't advertize the fact they are out in full force.

You have to shake your head at some people.

This is my favorite quote:
    Mr. Volante says he drives cautiously because he’s "scared" of his motorcycle he bought in April.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

**** that I would have ran for sure at that speed.
    But dude didn't know the plane clocked him. He got pulled over by a patrol car when he was doing the limit.

They used a flatbed for my truck, because it's too heavy for a normal truck. This wasn't one time, I had it towed twice in two months.
    $60 for a flatbed tow? What company I would love to have them in my phone book. Normal hook up alone for a flatbed is $150 + $4.10/km...

Heck normal hookup on a 1-ton truck is around $70 + $3.60/km....

PS. You dont need a flatbed for a bike for those saying you do.

lazer incognito

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    $60 for a flatbed tow? What company I would love to have them in my phone book. Normal hook up alone for a flatbed is $150 + $4.10/km...

Heck normal hookup on a 1-ton truck is around $70 + $3.60/km....

PS. You dont need a flatbed for a bike for those saying you do.
    Call Duffy's Used them twice this yr.

does the plane record a video? is it possible for the OPP to mistaken him for someone else?

I feel really sorry for the guy. He looks pretty smart sitting there with his bandana and protective clothing, which of course is very suitable for 150 k/mh but not exactly the right stuff for 243 k/mh.

That guy looks as dumb as he sounds

"I was going with the speed limit," Mr. Volante adamantly admits. "I don’t think I was going 150 kph because I wasn’t even passing a lot of cars."

He needs a new pair of glasses too

No duh, you were going 243Km/h

durrrrr.

How dumb can he be. On a long weekend where there are TONS of OPP patrols, he decides to be batman. Lossssser?

If he is on the board, Moderators should ban him for 7 days as well. lol
    Btw. this is another reason why insurance should not depend on age, should be on record, as we have a 28 y/o vanilla ice here going 250
    Last edited by Ericy05; 09-01-2008 at 12:05 AM.