Calabogie Lap times - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calabogie Lap times

Re: Calabogie Lap times

I go in the red group and I'm doing 2:30-ish ... but those straightaways with my fat arse on my FZR400 are looooooooooong. Plenty of people in the red group - probably most - are 2:20something or 2:30something.

Quote Originally Posted by RR Rudebwoy View Post
    ^2:10 I better stop riding in the red group!
    +1...

With a gsxr750, and a suspension that was set up for someone 70lbs lighter, i pulled mid to high 2:40s on my first day. Got a really fast guy from the red group to walk he track with, and by the end of the second day, i reached low 30's actually 2:34 was my best time.

So as stated above, corner 8 is a tricky one that will send you sliding if you do not aproach it correctly. Calabogie is a very demanding track, and i recomend you get someone to walk the track with (get some rollerblades). I instantly shaved a good 10 secs just by noting the elevation changes, corner 14 for example is a hard left, and i always used to hit the brakes, until i noticed just how steep it is, you don't need to hit the brakes, you just need to let off the trottle!

Quote Originally Posted by ManoWar View Post
    14 for example is a hard left, and i always used to hit the brakes, until i noticed just how steep it is, you don't need to hit the brakes, you just need to let off the trottle!
    If you go full throttle through 13, you would be amazed how much time you make up on people, but you'll back to braking into 14.

Quote Originally Posted by TBK View Post
    If you go full throttle through 13, you would be amazed how much time you make up on people, but you'll back to braking into 14.
    True, but most of us don't go hard through 13 on our first day, that was a tip i got after a couple of rounds

Yeah, completely agree. Bogie is not the place to push it in the first couple days at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy100 View Post
    In the green group, 2:48 is a good lap time.
    Are you sure about that? Did you have some one time that? I was told the green group was in the 3-4min range (and that might have been a total joke that I took seriously).
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

I think they were joking. Calabogie is about 5km long. If you did it in say 3 minutes you would be averaging only 100kph. I have no doubt, people in green do a three minute lap time, but I wouldn't say that was a high number for green. I think 2:40-2:50 in the green group would be a good time.

Pro6 Green Group is the Fast Group....
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

^lol
    "I no like ride street becaz of all d fackin ideeot"
    Valentino Rossi - Faster

"You can't win a track day, you can only lose..."

Quote Originally Posted by Golo13 View Post
    Not sure about how accurate ppls stop watch are but Andrew Nelson did best high 2:08's on the R6 and Frank and I just made it to 2:10's by the end of the day (first day at the track ever) .... 2:05 ... I know Andy he;s fast but ....man personally discussed everything throughout the day and even Rick (andy's dad) mentioned 8's and trust me they are fast around that track .. anyone near 2:10 is blazin.....
    Just saw Andy on Sept 22, confirmed he was 2:05 near mid season on a 600, and figured with more time and setup could get into the 2:04;s......

G
    RIDE LIKE YOU WANNA LEARN

Quote Originally Posted by turn2 View Post
    Just saw Andy on Sept 22, confirmed he was 2:05 near mid season on a 600, and figured with more time and setup could get into the 2:04;s......

G

Well thats we all were starting on the first day at the track ....

i should just realize that i am slow as a turtle and start playing an instrument or something ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Golo13 View Post
    Well thats we all were starting on the first day at the track ....

i should just realize that i am slow as a turtle and start playing an instrument or something ...lol
    You and me both :'-(

Hey...lets start a band! I'll sing lol
    RIDE LIKE YOU WANNA LEARN

Quote Originally Posted by turn2 View Post
    You and me both :'-(

Hey...lets start a band! I'll sing lol

That's perfect i can't sing for ****
    Last edited by Paul; 09-24-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Its depressing isn't it. First thing you say to yourself is, wow i am fast..... and then a 13 year old on a 125 smokes right past you.

Quote Originally Posted by ManoWar View Post
    Its depressing isn't it. First thing you say to yourself is, wow i am fast..... and then a 13 year old on a 125 smokes right past you.
    That 13 year old (Emerson Connor) finished 8th in the red bull rookies cup! Good on him!!!