DMG in for Mladin??

Thread: DMG in for Mladin??

DMG in for Mladin??

Tommy Hayden and Matt Mladin DQ from qualifying at Road A!!
    Spies was OK

After geting DQ'd from VIR you'd think they (mladin) would be extra careful but I guess not.

Do you think the DMG has it in for Mladin since he's not shy about voicing his opinion on the direction DMG is taking AMA Pro racng??

Re: DMG in for Mladin??

what were they dq for?

"illegal crank"

again!
    After VIR you'd think he would run a superstock spec. motor

I don't think they necessarily have it in for him, you come top 3 in a race you're going to expect that the officials will do an inspection...

look at what happened to josh hayes at daytona, even steve rapp was denied his first race win because of an illegal use of tires...

This is the first time in AMA history that a motor was torn down after Quallifying.

DMG = Bullies
    Last edited by minifig-phil; 08-30-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Suzuki has been winning everything in sight for years and they still have to cheat.

DMG = fair play for everyone.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

DMG = The worst racing series in the world in 2009!

Like Mladin says the slowest guys on the crapiest bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    DMG = The worst racing series in the world in 2009!

Like Mladin says the slowest guys on the crapiest bikes!
    Are you kidding me?
    I have been racing exclusively with DMG for the past three years (two years before the AMA mess) Roger and Colin are class acts. The France family knows how to market racing and have the money to back it up. The priveteers and the smaller teams have a freakin chance. I am soooooooooo sick of the Suzuki dog and pony show. Mladin and Spies are great riders for certain but they are not all that. There are at least six to eight riders that are just as good given a chance.
    AMA racing sucks ***** and the sooner its changed the better. Mladin is a whining puss thats triing to save his paycheck. It will be sweet watching Jordan beat the factory heads up or Erion or Corona or Celtic or Rockwall or..............
    Mladin aint all that, next time he runs his mouth ask him what happened when he tried world calibre racing. He got his ***** handed to him. Maybe he was the slowest rider on the crapiest bike?

^^^^^^
    yah!!!!!
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna

Press Release from DMG:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Aug/080831h.htm

Yoshimura Suzuki = cheaters

If they're going to throw a tantrum and quit the series next year, I say turf them all now.

I'd love to see Hacker win it, even E Boz has a good shot at it.

Dominant teams like Suzuki is bad for the series, but regulating obviously isnt the answer either.Look at Canadian series, I just spent $30 for a ticket, and $100 for gas to go to Shanny to watch 2 Kawis win both pro series 'again'. Kawi Canada spends 3X more than the others, and the results show it. Privateers dont have a hope in hell. Zsoke is a good rider, but the best in Canada? I dont think so. Put him on a Honda and he couldnt do it, he showed that in 03-04.
    The only answer I have for it is that Im not gonna pay that kind of money to watch another Canadian race until its truly unknown whos gonna be the series winner.

As far as the ama Suzukis cheating with illegal parts, shame on them, but remember, Mladin doesnt build the bikes or make the decisions to use illegal parts, shame on the team managers. Also, I dont know what the rules state exactly, but just because a crank doesnt have bearing journal #s on it , or its a slightly different color, doesnt mean its any better or worse than another.But rules are rules and if theyre not unmodified production units, shame shame shame.
    Last edited by TLDeano; 09-01-2008 at 07:33 PM.
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    Zsoke is a good rider, but the best in Canada? I dont think so. Put him on a Honda and he couldnt do it, he showed that in 03-04.

Jordan IS the best right now, he's proven that.

Kawi runs an excellent program, but it ain't JUST the bikes.

look at the 03-05 seasons at Kawi, the budgets were bigger back then, before the spec tire rules, Kawi would spend more on Tires in a weekend running dunlops than they do in an entire season now, and even with Francis Martin on the bikes, they cound't buy a win.

Francis had one podium in 2 seasons, then goes to a PRIVATEER suzuki (Diablo)team in 2005 and wins the Championship?

Tom Kipp, a multi-time AMA national champ had one podium in 05.

In 2006, Jordan shows up on Kawi's and stars winning, on a bike nearly identical to the 05, but it was definitely not a cake walk

Privateer teams can be competitive.

Clint McBain was in the championship hunt this year, Andrew Nelson has won races in the 600 class, Frank Trombino had Jordan beat at Shubie last season until Crevier came out of no where and passed Jordan and Frank in one corner, nearly running both of them off the the track.

what went into Mcbain or Nelson's bikes, I don't know, but I was there watching Ben Gartner build the ProStar bikes last year, I ran them on the dyno, did a lot of the tuning of the Yoshimura fuel injection systems and I rode them before Frank did.

If it was all about the money, Kawi, or other teams were throwing at their race programs, how would it be possible for our team to build bikes that made more power and were lighter than anything the factory Suzuki team had at the time and bikes that were competitive with the rest of the factory teams?

We had NO support from Suzuki in anyway and the bikes were built in a small shop in Ajax.

Jordan rides and rides and rides, that's ALL he does, he's out riding MX and supermoto between events and he rides on the ice all winter. he trains and WANTS to win.

Brett McCormack is still REALLY young and his learning Curve is still vertical, he gets faster EVERY time he gets on the bike, He's had a couple crashes this year, but that comes with going faster and learning, he recovered and beat everyone this weekend.

TLDeano, you've made me agree with recipe, and for that, I hate you.

The only national tracks I haven't been to are Tremblant and Calabogie. At every other track we go to there is a different rider that is consistently the fastest and the guy to beat.

Calgary is Clint McBain's race to lose.

Schubenacadie is owned by Kevin Lacombe, nobody is faster there.

Mosport is a wild card in that there are 3 main guys, Szoke, Crevier and Trombino. Lacombe only won this year by pulling off a 'hero or zero' move.

Shannonville just suits the Kawasaki and Szoke, he's the fastest rider in the series over a race distance. McCormick, Lacombe and McBain are close, but 'close' is PC for 'second'.

Kawasaki has simply maintained a higher level of performance than the other factories, Factory Suzuki was embarrased this year by a guy they cut from the team, building his own stuff with one of their old mechanics.

Our series is so good, DMG wants to copy it in the U.S.

There not copying it its the same freaking guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    There not copying it its the same freaking guy!!
    Who better than the original artist, or hack depending on your viewpoint.

My veiwpoint on the whole matter is just mine, its not fact in any way, but how I see it. I hear a bit here and there, and some from one of best teams out there, because Ive painted for them and see the innerworkings of it a bit.
    How much $ your given to waste in Canadain racing dictates how good of a rider your gonna get, how many good ppl you have to work on the bikes (which adds up to hours, the more ppl, the more hours you can have invested in the bikes, ie-suspension, motor,chassis which helps huge with experience in a series as short as this one. 7 weekends is a joke.), so I think its a tough road for anyone who doesnt have the coin.
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Agreed

You know the saying - If you want to make a million dollars racing you beter start with many many millions.

I had to quite because I was broke.
    If I had to do it all agian I would have stopped racing in Canada after RZ Cup.