Racing Section - NEEDED

Thread: Racing Section - NEEDED

Racing Section - NEEDED

Hi, I know your gonna see that I'm a new user but I'm just re-iterating from this thread http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=69746 and I think it's a great idea. We have the stunting page and the rides/trackdays page, but what about a section with all items relating to racing? Such as different track discussions, a list of all ontario tracks and the + or - with them. I think it'd be a great section for the guys that do the track days to discuss different lines or best ways to run a certain track.

Just an idea? Who agrees with me?

Re: Racing Section - NEEDED

Really surprised there is not a racing section!

There is already a track day section here, in which the various track sand configurations get discussed. As to racing, I could point you to what is arguably the most active National and Regional racing forum.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

It would be great to have a racing or more particular a Roadracing section.
    Specially now while its silly season and all the crap that is going on with the AMA/DMG and manufacturers in the US.

I can change the description and title of the Track Day Forum to include racing discussion. I don't think it warrants another whole new forum though at the moment.

It seems most of what you describe above is already discussed in the track forum.

I'll make the change later today. Feel free to chat about racing in that forum!

Cheers // Paul
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!

There has been lots of times I haven't posted anything here because there isn't a specific forum for what I was wanting to post.

LOL...let's try it in the track forum first. If there's enough discussion to warrant it's own forum, we'll look at it then.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

donut

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    Specially now while its silly season and all the crap that is going on with the AMA/DMG and manufacturers in the US.
    The goal of DMG has been and always will be close competition for the good of the spectators. I haven't heard exactly what their plans are with the AMA road racing scene but i think nothing BUT good can come of it.

The Yoshimura Suzuki show is boring. Close competition makes for better racing. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

YES! to racing/roadracing section!
    where's the wind?!

See this is why we need a Roadracing forum so we can better edjimicate people like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post
    The goal of DMG has been and always will be close competition for the good of the spectators. I haven't heard exactly what their plans are with the AMA road racing scene but i think nothing BUT good can come of it.

The Yoshimura Suzuki show is boring. Close competition makes for better racing. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post

I think the problem with the DMG show is that their highlight (superbikes) is changing to 600's and in a lot of people's mind, this isn't true superbike racing (1000's) (it's also been discussed that the tracks in the US are really far behind in terms of safety which is why they want to race the smaller class)

they're trying to change the highlight to make it more "rider based" as opposed to "manufacturer" based (ie. Rossi and Carmichael). the problem is, the manufacturers are probably the biggest financial backers of the championship and a lot more outside sponsorship is needed to replace them.

it's going to be interesting to see what dmg does with the ama next year, a lot of the riders are searching for rides, some looking to wsbk and wss, but I really doubt they'll manage to land rides there (especially the big names in ama with huge paychecks)

ps. I also think we need a racing forum... trackdays are for trackdays, but us benchracers need a home
    Last edited by Kaotic Trance; 08-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic Trance View Post
    I think the problem with the DMG show is that their highlight (superbikes) is changing to 600's and in a lot of people's mind, this isn't true superbike racing (1000's) (it's also been discussed that the tracks in the US are really far behind in terms of safety which is why they want to race the smaller class)

they're trying to change the highlight to make it more "rider based" as opposed to "manufacturer" based (ie. Rossi and Carmichael). the problem is, the manufacturers are probably the biggest financial backers of the championship and a lot more outside sponsorship is needed to replace them.

it's going to be interesting to see what dmg does with the ama next year, a lot of the riders are searching for rides, some looking to wsbk and wss, but I really doubt they'll manage to land rides there (especially the big names in ama with huge paychecks)

ps. I also think we need a racing forum... trackdays are for trackdays, but us benchracers need a home
    Guess where this is. Hint: It's not in the US.

I think that Paul's plan to expand on the track day section is the best compromise, for a site that isn't racing based.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

ok...ok..here's the deal...I'll make a sub forum in the track forum for racing...and I'll move this post there for the first post

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

all forms of racing should be discussed in this section, F1, Indy Car, Nascar, Rally etc.
    life's not short, it's just that you're dead for so long
    www.goloracing.com

Where was the picture taken Rob?

Calabogie, corner eight (corner one of the format used during the first Superbike round this year).

That's going to hurt! I can't wait to get out there and try that track...

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    That's going to hurt! I can't wait to get out there and try that track...
    Ask Rahul about that.

I think that this racing section is a great idea!! now I can discuss up to date topics with my fellow racing fans. Cant wait till Nicky Hayden move to Ducati

I don't think safety is in the forfront of the DMG's mind.

Look at the comment they made about Mid-Ohio if it rains.