Rider's choice - abhorrent customer service experience - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider's choice - abhorrent customer service experience

Re: Rider's choice - abhorrent customer service experience

I`m not going to get into it but I can't stand Riders Choise either! I had a bad experiance in there about 2 years ago and haven`t been back since! I can`t stand that **** **** shop!!!
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-29-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    These F'in white rims are gonna be the death of me...

Quote Originally Posted by 250rider View Post
    I thought it was just me. I went there with my friend and when I told them I am new and ride a 250 they kinda smirked at me and walked away. My friend wanted to buy a new Arai helmet but we left instead. I hear that other place Gp something is pretty good. I will visit them and let you guys know.
    GP Bikes, in Ajax. They've always been pretty good, but the location is tough for Toronto people.

I went out there a couple of Saturdays ago to look for some boots. Took me about an hour to get there so I ended up walking in half an hour before closing. They were pretty busy, and half an hour really isn't that much time to try on and find boots. Somebody finally got free to help me out in the last 10 minutes, and it wasn't long enough to find what I wanted. They did their best to serve all the customers they could before closing, but unfortunately they're a busy shop and can only do so much. That being said, there was no rudeness, and I certainly didn't feel that I had to justify my existence, build a rapport, be their best friend, or anything like that. Just a busy shop, selling good stuff to motorcyclists.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSizzlak View Post
    How is this place still in business? Everyone i talk to says they will never go back there for one reason or another yet they're still kicking around.
    Because for every person that says they hate the place and wont spend a dime there, there is 2-3 people that have no problems dealing with RC....Like myself! I never let anyone there get to me, they have cheap prices and I know how to deal with them....

Some people I know cant stand them, and send me to go take advantage of their good prices for them because they have already burnt a bridge there...And other people I know will pay more for the same parts, just so they can stand behind thier "Im never going to give them any of my money ever again" comments...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Because for every person that says they hate the place and wont spend a dime there, there is 2-3 people that have no problems dealing with RC....Like myself! I never let anyone there get to me, they have cheap prices and I know how to deal with them....

Some people I know cant stand them, and send me to go take advantage of their good prices for them because they have already burnt a bridge there...And other people I know will pay more for the same parts, just so they can stand behind thier "Im never going to give them any of my money ever again" comments...
    Wow. I hope I never get this kind of reputation among my customers.

I like how customers have to worry about "burning a bridge" with a bike shop. That says it all right there, doesn't it? I mean, shouldn't the bike shop be more worried about burning bridges? Too funny.

--- D

johnny,what do you mean, when you say " I never let anyone there get to me" ?
    JUST RIDE IT.

I want to start by saying that this has absolutely nothing to do with RC but with people boycotting businesses in general.
    Please correct me if I'm reading your post incorrectly but it seems like your saying that people who willing choose to spend more @ one place over another cheaper place is a bad thing. I've always thought that as consumers that's how we vote, so to speak. If one is willingly to spend $100.00 for an item that is $80.00 @ a boycotted business then that should speak volumes about how one was treated there. Not going back is what I would call conviction not stubbornness. I would gladly spend more at a location if I'm getting something better from them. (service, vibe, speed, ambiance, freindlyness, helpfulness etc......)
    just my 2 pennies
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

The problem is, you don't really hear the OTHER side of the story on these forum rants.

spend a day at ANY shop as a fly on the wall and you'll be amazed at some of the rediculous demands and accusations you'll hear from customers in the showroom.

I've been that fly on the wall for a few of the experiences that have been posted on this forum and as a casual observer some of the BS people shovel over the internet is brilliant.

Riders Choice is a shop who's business model is based on the performance side of the motorcycling industry, which draws customers, good and bad that are interested in performance as well.

Customers come into bike shops like this with a lot of arrogance, with claims and delusions of grandeur.

Most dealers will stroke the ego of customers like this, because the sales guy doesn't know any better and just doesn't care, but when a customer goes into a performance shop with a ricky-racer additude saying I need this and that to make my bike faster because they are the fastest shmo on the streets, while their GSXRZXCBR sits in the parking lot with chicken strips that can be seen from orbit.

They get a bit pissy when shop staff call them on their BS and they usually beat a hasty retreat out the door, only to write an unfavourable review on sites like this.

Think it doesn't happen?? Go spend a day in a bike shop and you'll see what comes in.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
    I'm still giggling, HOW TRUE is THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by moto22 View Post
    Humm.. doesn"t sound like R/C too me!, miss out on a chance too slam a customer with a whopping bill ,somebody is losing their touch....
    www.89racing.com
    MotoDen/MW-Toronto, Accelerated Technologies, Clarington Cycle, Peterborough PowerSports, Galfer, Hindle

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    The problem is, you don't really hear the OTHER side of the story on these forum rants.

spend a day at ANY shop as a fly on the wall and you'll be amazed at some of the rediculous demands and accusations you'll hear from customers in the showroom.

I've been that fly on the wall for a few of the experiences that have been posted on this forum and as a casual observer some of the BS people shovel over the internet is brilliant.

Riders Choice is a shop who's business model is based on the performance side of the motorcycling industry, which draws customers, good and bad that are interested in performance as well.

Customers come into bike shops like this with a lot of arrogance, with claims and delusions of grandeur.

Most dealers will stroke the ego of customers like this, because the sales guy doesn't know any better and just doesn't care, but when a customer goes into a performance shop with a ricky-racer additude saying I need this and that to make my bike faster because they are the fastest shmo on the streets, while their GSXRZXCBR sits in the parking lot with chicken strips that can be seen from orbit.

They get a bit pissy when shop staff call them on their BS and they usually beat a hasty retreat out the door, only to write an unfavourable review on sites like this.

Think it doesn't happen?? Go spend a day in a bike shop and you'll see what comes in.

Couldn`t agree with you more.
    Specially with the.......

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

Don't you think people walk into Harry Rosen or Holt Renfrew with the same arrogance and attitude? And how are they treated there? Does someone "call them on their BS"? Or do those stores know who pays their bills, regardless of how annoying and demanding they are?

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by sub4 View Post
    johnny,what do you mean, when you say " I never let anyone there get to me" ?
    John Mcride makes me laugh, but makes other people get all pissy and through hissy fits and cry like little bitches on the internet. Yet Ive never seen one person stand up to him in person....I know how to deal with John and dont let any of his comments get to me, when I first met John I didnt understand him or his attitude. Over time Ive built a customer relationship and actually like him, he can make fun of me if he wants as long as those DID ERV3's keep dropping in price....And I love catching him in a good mood, the prices are the best then...LOL

Id have to say there are some people that just wont mix with Johns style, they will clash with him because of their own personality traits....Like some of my freinds that really know nothing about their own bikes, but still cant stand being told something thats totally true about them and or thier bikes....From someone thats been in the MC industry longer then theyve even dreamed about riding....And Ive seen some of these clashes in the shop, and alot of the times its the customer thats being a dick....Johns just being John...

You cant please everyone, but RC does please alot of people...That is why even with all these BS reviews, they are still in business....

cash or debit???

John Mcride makes me laugh, but makes other people get all pissy and through hissy fits and cry like little bitches on the internet. Yet Ive never seen one person stand up to him in person....I know how to deal with John and dont let any of his comments get to me, when I first met John I didnt understand him or his attitude. Over time Ive built a customer relationship and actually like him, he can make fun of me if he wants as long as those DID ERV3's keep dropping in price....And I love catching him in a good mood, the prices are the best then...LOL

Id have to say there are some people that just wont mix with Johns style, they will clash with him because of their own personality traits....Like some of my freinds that really know nothing about their own bikes, but still cant stand being told something thats totally true about them and or thier bikes....From someone thats been in the MC industry longer then theyve even dreamed about riding....And Ive seen some of these clashes in the shop, and alot of the times its the customer thats being a dick....Johns just being John...

You cant please everyone, but RC does please alot of people...That is why even with all these BS reviews, they are still in business....
    So let me get this straight John can be "John" (whatever that means) and if a paying customer doesnt get what he wants he is being a dick? If I want to buy something for myself or my bike who is the owner to make fun or me or belittle my choice of equipment? What kind of mentality is that?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    So let me get this straight John can be "John" (whatever that means) and if a paying customer doesnt get what he wants he is being a dick? If I want to buy something for myself or my bike who is the owner to make fun or me or belittle my choice of equipment? What kind of mentality is that?
    The owner can do whatever he wants in his store. If you want to buy his product, you're welcomed to. If you're not a ********* he'll even give you a good deal on the product.

If you think he's being a dick or you don't like his attitude, don't buy his stuff. He runs the place however he sees fit... and he has a whole lot more experience in this industry than anybody else who is posting in this thread, so you can bet the guy is doing something right.

And yes, for every "dissatisfied" customer who comes online to post negative reviews of Riders Choice there are 10 happy customers who will always go back for more... so if you're asking yourself how they stay in business with such abhorrent service, there's your answer. I've been going there since they opened, never once had a problem. If you're a stickler or an idiot, you'll be treated as such... that's about it.

Thats not what I said, but sounds like its what you want to believe.....If you want to buy stuff without someone giving you advice, order from the internet...

I really dont give a ****, they give me the best prices in the city....I dont care for sugar coated conversation....If I say something stupid Johns gonna repeat it, and make me realize how stupid I sound...If you dont like the place or the people that work there, then simply go to another shop and pay more for the same parts.....Oh dont forget to leave a BS review on here first.....

They are who they are, and some people get along with them just fine, while others dont....MOVE ON! They arent going to change who they are to make a sale...

Quote Originally Posted by hondacbrf3 View Post
    cash or debit???
    Always cash! Sometimes debit if I didnt bring enough, but never credit! You'll get the best deal there if you bring paper not plastic.....

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    The owner can do whatever he wants in his store. If you want to buy his product, you're welcomed to. If you're not a ********* he'll even give you a good deal on the product.

If you think he's being a dick or you don't like his attitude, don't buy his stuff. He runs the place however he sees fit... and he has a whole lot more experience in this industry than anybody else who is posting in this thread, so you can bet the guy is doing something right.

And yes, for every "dissatisfied" customer who comes online to post negative reviews of Riders Choice there are 10 happy customers who will always go back for more... so if you're asking yourself how they stay in business with such abhorrent service, there's your answer. I've been going there since they opened, never once had a problem. If you're a stickler or an idiot, you'll be treated as such... that's about it.
    And this exact mentality is what drives businesses into the ground, this elitist mentality that some bike shops have. Thats what this thread is about, who wants to go to a shop where the customer is made to feel like an idiot, I dont care how much experience the guy has in the industry. Nobody is asking for free stuff, they are paying for their items. Carrying on with this mentality will ruin a business.

Banned

And this exact mentality is what drives businesses into the ground, this elitist mentality that some bike shops have. Thats what this thread is about, who wants to go to a shop where the customer is made to feel like an idiot, I dont care how much experience the guy has in the industry. Nobody is asking for free stuff, they are paying for their items. Carrying on with this mentality will ruin a business.
    What mentality? How is it that Riders Choice has so many happy customers if their service is so horrible? Why is it that I have a pleasant experience every time I go there, yet your experience is so horrible?

I don't understand what people are expecting from bike shops these days... personally I don't need a sales guy to follow me into the washroom to wipe my ***, but maybe some of you do?

I just don't get it. You walk into a bike shop, you look at products, and when you find one you like you go pay for it at the cash register. Am I missing a step here? It's not difficult, and nobody is going to yell or make fun of you in the process... contrary to what others may say about the "poor service" from John.

Thats not what I said, but sounds like its what you want to believe.....If you want to buy stuff without someone giving you advice, order from the internet...

I really dont give a ****, they give me the best prices in the city....I dont care for sugar coated conversation....If I say something stupid Johns gonna repeat it, and make me realize how stupid I sound...If you dont like the place or the people that work there, then simply go to another shop and pay more for the same parts.....Oh dont forget to leave a BS review on here first.....

They are who they are, and some people get along with them just fine, while others dont....MOVE ON! They arent going to change who they are to make a sale...
    I've shopped there a few times and not had a problem, but there is a big difference between giving someone advice and making them feel like an idiot. And from your comments about "John being John" and some other comments from people here...it sounds like there is this air of elitism over there.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    What mentality? How is it that Riders Choice has so many happy customers if their service is so horrible? Why is it that I have a pleasant experience every time I go there, yet your experience is so horrible?

I don't understand what people are expecting from bike shops these days... personally I don't need a sales guy to follow me into the washroom to wipe my ***, but maybe some of you do?

I just don't get it. You walk into a bike shop, you look at products, and when you find one you like you go pay for it at the cash register. Am I missing a step here? It's not difficult, and nobody is going to yell or make fun of you in the process... contrary to what others may say about the "poor service" from John.
    Read the first post in this thread and tell me if you would find that acceptable service.