Rider's choice - abhorrent customer service experience - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rider's choice - abhorrent customer service experience

Banned

Re: Rider's choice - abhorrent customer service experience

As I have said a million times.. they are a bunch of idiots there......

Quote Originally Posted by jdepp View Post

The fact that you dont work there yet have witnessed 20 of these types of incidents I think just proves the Ops point
    You need to go back and read my post more carefully.

People come to shops like this with a significant amount of mis-information and when they're told there idea/request is pointless/worthless or dangerous, they get quite upset and feel they're being talked down to.

I was at RC again last week when a customer came in making rediculous demands and asking the shop to do something that was not adviseable.

"SOMEONE on the internet told me to do this" was his motive, even after a professional tuner and engine builder advised against it he demanded it be done.

Quote Originally Posted by etonna View Post
    well after all the bad reveiws i went to rc to have a look around, the staff was great, ended up with a shiney new rf 1000, a good deal, chances are i will be back this week for a new jacket
    Very glad to see proof of at least one person who reads negative posts about a shop and goes to make up their own mind about that location instead of boycotting a store based solely on other people's opinion/unrealistic expectations/lies/alterior motives etc.etc.etc.(+ whatever other reasons I've seen people accuse posters of doing) Way too many people give way too much weight to what they read on the internet and make up their mind based on solely that. It's sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    "SOMEONE on the internet told me to do this" was his motive, even after a professional tuner and engine builder advised against it he demanded it be done.
    This seems more like someone believing what they read on the internet than the situation of the OP. I don't think getting the parts you were promised is an unrealistic expectaion. Don't say you can deliver then don't. As far as jdeeps point about you being there for 20 arguments, I have to agree with him. There are a lot of stores I frequent (I'm including more than just motorcycle shops) and I havn't been there for 20 arguments in all these stores combined so the fact that you've personally been there for 20 and you don't even work there says that you happen to only show up when these people show up or they are having a lot of people coming in there agruing and 20 is just the tip of the iceberg. Just an observation.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Re: Rider's choice -

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    What a difference a few years make, my 06 Gixxer 750 pulled 126hp on a dynojet tuning.

'04 here... 133.? on the dyno with a full akro.

That previous post about 110ish on an '03 doesn't seem right.

Cheers

Figured I'd chime in with my $0.02, a friend and I went to riders choice once, he was looking for a helmet. Now most people, and shops suggest you try on a helmet before purchasing it. Whether you agree with this or not is a personal choice, John apparently doesn't. He informed us he had "demo" helmets you can try on. Fair enough, that is how he sells helmets, but not how we buy helmets. So we left. No big deal.

I have to get my forks redone, new springs etc. Am I going to forego Ryans expertise and knowledge because John has differing views on helmet sales? Nope. Just deal with Ryan directly.

I too have been at the wrong end of an OEM back order, and it is frustrating, as cancelling an order can easily result in putting you back to square 1. You may end up with an even longer wait.

Certainly the original poster is entitled to their opinion, and if it keeps your "average" rider away from Riders Choice, well maybe that is the ideal situation for both parties. The point is that if no one relates their experience then no one gets informed. At least if someone reads these reviews perhaps the "treatment" they receive will not be such a shock to the system.
    Cheers

I don't understand what the problem with the demo helmet is ... is a Large White Arai Quantium going to fit differently than a Large Quantum with replica graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by sinic View Post
    I don't understand what the problem with the demo helmet is ... is a Large White Arai Quantium going to fit differently than a Large Quantum with replica graphics?
    Ever try on a pair of shoes, buy a different pair of the same make of shoes and find that one little corner was sewn differently, or there's a slightly different pressure point in the arch or something... or with a pair of jeans that weirdly one fit a bit looser than the exact same other pair you have? Helmets are the same, no two are exact, and it might have a pressure point on your head from a slight change in the padding. Of course, they're going to be very similiar and likely be so close you won't notice, but every now and then you might find the one that fits a bit differently and it matters to your comfort and to your pocket when you're spending 500$ on your new bucket.

And funnily enough, from working at a shop and trying on a few different styles that come in when we get new stuff, different lines/different years DO fit different despite being the same model.
    Janice

bah ... I have 3 RF1000s from 3 different years and they all fit the same (though they break in a little differently) ...

Frankly I prefer to buy helmets that haven't been tried on and still in their original packaging. I don't want anyone's gross head in my new helmet.

And lets be honest ... a lot of the people that go in to sample helmets are just trying to get the sizing so they can order it online ... it has to be frustrating for local retailers to be the internet's free fitting room

And lets be honest ... a lot of the people that go in to sample helmets are just trying to get the sizing so they can order it online ... it has to be frustrating for local retailers to be the internet's free fitting room
    Oh for sure, and those are the people I only let try on the demo helmets. It's when they're walking towards the cash register that I get out their new boxed helmet and unless they don't seem to care, I get them to try it on again for good measure. And often just because they see it as good customer service that I want to make sure they're happy and don't have to return again saying it fits differently.
    Janice

bah ... I have 3 RF1000s from 3 different years and they all fit the same (though they break in a little differently) ...

Frankly I prefer to buy helmets that haven't been tried on and still in their original packaging. I don't want anyone's gross head in my new helmet.

I have to agree with sinic, most helmets should fit the same, 2 helmets the same size from the same manufacturer shouldn't fit differently... and I personally like knowing that my head is the only head that the helmet I'm buying has been on.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    *** Deleted***
    Haaaa! Maybe we should have a "review the reviewer" section!

So what kind of nutjob are we dealing with? This sounds like it might be interesting.

--- D
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-29-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Banned

ding ding ding!

She's a bundle of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    ding ding ding!

She's a bundle of joy.
    In writing a "review" you should present the facts. I didn't solely write "RC has abhorrent customer experience and I highly recommend nobody buy anything from them" but explained in detail why my experience was negative so other people can make up their own minds

You have called me a dog, a nutjob and a chicken. What you wrote is not only insulting, demeaning and patronizing, but stigmatizes my persona. If you really feel that this is the case, though we have never met in person as far as I'm aware, then the very least you can do is provide an explanation to support your case

I dare you to say that garbage to my face
    Last edited by sarafotoxin; 09-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    You need to go back and read my post more carefully.

People come to shops like this with a significant amount of mis-information and when they're told there idea/request is pointless/worthless or dangerous, they get quite upset and feel they're being talked down to.

I was at RC again last week when a customer came in making rediculous demands and asking the shop to do something that was not adviseable.

Well I guess if here are that mnay misinformed people out there that get that upset I certainly wouldn't want to be in the bike business.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

There has now been one banned and several infractions and numerous posts deleted on this thread. It will be closely monitored. Please Refrain from bypassing the filters, Insulting Other Members and using inappropriate language.