2008 Bike ride of Hope

Thread: 2008 Bike ride of Hope

2008 Bike ride of Hope

Prostate Extreme Team
    “Bike Ride of Hope”
    in Oakville, Ontario, Canada

The Prostate Extreme Team is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness and funding for Prostate Cancer. At this time we are pleased to announce our third and final event of our 2008 “Tour of Hope”

We will be welcoming our motorcycle enthusiasts from across Ontario On Sunday October 5th from Oakville, Ontario. Canada to raise awareness and funding for Prostate Cancer.

A minimum event pledge level of $50.00 is required along with a $25.00 registration fee.
    A BBQ lunch will be provided after the ride.
    We will have an extensive prize table and other great opportunities to meet & mingle with other motorcycle enthusiasts, all the while helping out a great cause.

Prostate Cancer is the most common type of cancer diagnosed in men, and it will affect 1 in 7 men in the course of their life time. If left untreated Prostate Cancer can be life threatening, however with early detection, the cure rates are as high as 95%. ALL men over the age of 40 are potentially at risk and should speak to their doctor about annual testing.

The Prostate Cancer Tour of Hope consists of our “Snow Ride of Hope”, “ Bike Ride of Hope” and our “ ATV Ride of Hope”. For more information on the Prostate Extreme Teams up coming events, or to download pledge and registration forms please visit http://www.prostateextremeteam.com

Re: 2008 Bike ride of Hope

Ok all,

This is a ride for this year. Just want to get it off the ground and get running. PET did this ride back in 2006 and we are going to revive it. I know we will have a good day and there are a lot of sledders/atv'ers with bikes. So come out and support our cause and enjoy the day on your bike.

It will be a good day of biking, sightseeing, camaraderie and all for a great cause.

More updates will follow and volunteers are always welcome. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Quick update here.

I will post more details for the ride, some good stuff coming down the pipe.
    I have someone who will lead the ride for me and its someone you all know!!!!!

Its a great cause people!!!

Ok all. Just another update.

Thank you to all who have responded.

Another bit of news.

DY9213 is leading the ride for me. Thank you very much. For all those who know DY he is a good leader and knows the roads quite well. I also am going to announce where are final stop is within a few days. You will be pleased!

Please pm me for more information.

Thank you!

Hey all.,

DOnt forget about this ride. It will be a good day with some very nice roads.............And the cause is worth it.

Thanks

TTT.

Come on guys. 1 in 7 men will get this statistically. Lets help out!

Here is what I have planned for that day. Thanks

When: Sunday Oct 5 2008

Where: Meet at Bronte Road (hwy 25) and Dundas. Corner S/E corner. At Jimmy Heroes Parking lot.

Time: Arrive at 10-10:30. register if not pre-registered online

Depart: 11 a.m.

Destination: ride through Halton Hills and roads to Guelph. Stop at Timmies beside Royal Distributing for refreshments
    Ride back to Oakville for end of run and then lunch if people want at Jimmy Heroes.

Total ride time 2.5 to three hours

Hey all,

Rides coming up. Will be a great Sunday ride. Hope to see you there for a great cause!

BTW- weather is looking good for Sunday!

lookin forward to this!

thanks for organizing
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

no problem. its all for a good cause.

14 degrees and sunny on Sunday!

SUnday Sunday Sunday!

(please use Monster truck announcer voice when saying the above)