Anyone owned a Husqvarna?

Thread: Anyone owned a Husqvarna?

Anyone owned a Husqvarna?

Whats your opinions on these bikes?

Re: Anyone owned a Husqvarna?

I switched my woods bike from a KTM450EXC to a Husqvarna WR125. The Husky is a better woods machine in my opinion. The problem is I am comparing apples to oranges, a 4 stroke 450 vs a 2 stroke 125.

Regardless the Husky is a great bike. It is light and nimble and rails through the woods. The steering is precise and doesn't exhibit any head shake at speed. Too bad the WR125 is no longer sold in North America. If you ever get to any of the CMA hare scramble events you will see a strong Husky presence. They are definitely taking business away from KTM.
    The engine in my WR has been bulletproof and the only real failure was a leaking rear brake line. The build quality is good and the bike is easy to service. The biggest problem is the lack of a decent dealer network and aftermarket support is not as plentiful as the other makes. Hopefully BMW will be able to sort that out and I have also heard rumours that the Husky 4 stroke enduros will be road legal for 2009 courtesy of BMW. The pricing for new Huskys is pretty agressive as well. They undercut KTM pretty significantly for similar bikes.

What type of Husky are you looking at?
    Semper ubi sub ubi

im curious about them as well. im in tire kicking mode for next season. crf 250x vs te250. but like you said,if i break something , i dont wanna wait a month to get the part in.
    JUST RIDE IT.

I bought mine from Ross Rocher sales. He carries most of the plastics in stock (Husky tries to maintain commonality across their lines) as well as commonly broken parts. If you don't want to drive to Stratford he will courrier them to you next day. I have been getting brake pads from Royal Distibuting, as Husky uses Brembo (same as KTM). I have yet to be stuck for parts.

The TE250 may be road legal for 2009. Rocher has a 2008 TE250 listed for $6995, but if I was looking for a woods bike I would go for the WR250 2 stroke for $5995. Maintaining a racing 4 stroke is a PITA.
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Brian...

Hes already selling the TE's (2008 ) as blue plated....so i assume they are road legal now. They are in the states.

I'm really looking hard at the TE250 and TE310 for 2009.

I had a Husky 610 '04 SuperMotard, it is a bomb... great fork, frame and brake. A lot of torque.
    It is definitale a high-end bike, very similar to KTM (same servicing frequency)...
    Now I own a KTM 625SMC, I don't know the weight, but I remember I found the Husky a little bit lighter.
    KTM 625 SMC / Full Akrapovic / Beringer

I'm picking up a 2007 Husqvarna TE450 on Friday from Ross Rocher - very excited to be part of the Husky crew!!