I haven't been doing much riding this summer. What, between work keeping me busy, and mother nature, being the pmsing ***** she is, always crying her heart out, and raining on my parade. So, today seeing as how both CP24 and the weather channel called for nice weather, I decided to go for a moderately long ride.

First, to get the boring crap outta the way first, I blitzed up the 400 and Highway 69 as fast as Fantino and Wooley's long arms of the law allowed. All the way up, just shy of Bracebridge, to Route 118. There's a gas station oh so conveniently located on the right side of the highway about 500 metres or less just before the exit.

The first few klicks are old, cracked pavement. Nothing too bad mind you. Than you hit rather fresh pavement, damn near glass smooth. This road reminds me of Hockley rd, just a seriously extended version. It has serious' of turns linked by straights, and or sweepers. Nothing too tight, but suggested speeds on some 60 and 70 kph. Speed limit here is mostly 80, but some 70kph, and low traffic this morning. In Haliburton, where it's the regular town speed of 50kph, there's a few nice 90 degree turns. After that it's business as usual. Though the pavement isn't quite as smooth any more. Oh, and this would not be a good road to overcook a turn on, as there's little run off, and mostly cliff rocks, and trees to quickly hiy, except for a serious of nice turns, where, hopefuly you don't find out how easy it is to end up in the lake. I followed this to the 503 exit at Tory Hill.

And lo and behold, what car pulls on the highway in front of me, but one bearing an eriely similer paint scheme to the General Lee. Same colour with a '7' painted on the doors. And god damn, this Charger could move. I followed this mad man at quite high speeds, whereas I could gain some real ground on him in turns but not much in the straights. We had fun all the way to the 507. I can't remember what the 503 looked like, I was too busy with the General Lee lookalike. But the fact that I went no slower than 100, and sometimes hit speeds over 160 should tell you this road is in good shape. And no, sadly Daisy was nowhere to be seen.

On to the much bellyhoed 507. There are, in fact, 3 short gravel patches, like 50 m or so, right near the top. These are are well signed, and should pose no problem, unless you're at a seriously stupid squid like speed. This was my first time on the 507, and I found it to be pretty much what I expected, though thankfukly a little longer than I was lead to beleive. The pavement was the lowest quality so far on my ride, though still decent, and thankfuly very clean and dry.

After which, I took 36 to 28, both of which have a few twists and turns, but nothing to write home about. Than down the 135/115 to the 401, and west to home. The 135 has some nice sweepers if your traveling at highly illegal speeds, otherwise you don't get to lean far enough.

These roads are part of a much longer multiple day ride that I have planed for some time in September, or next year, and will post the details of such, when I have time.

Anyhow, remember, mother nature is now off the rag, it's sunny out, get the hell off of here, and go ride!