City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments

So after reading this thread, I went for a walk and asked a couple of enforcement officers doing Yonge/Bloor/ Jarvis area what's their instructions on motorcycle parking. I got two very definite answers.
    (1) Motorcycles and Scooters are allowed to park free in pay and display areas.
    (2) Question: What are the advised parking angles and time allowed.
    Answer : We are not specifically briefed on this. We are mandated simply not to tag motorcycles and scooters parked in the pay and display area.

TimothyPilgrim
    I got nailed this past spring when I parked my bike 90 degrees to the curb. I'd seen another bike park there the same way a number of times, but I got a ticket after a couple hours. I repositioned it so it was about 60 degrees and I was fine after that as well as on subsequent occassions. It was a test on my part to see what would happen and of course, it happened. What ticked me off though is that the "voluntary payment" is no longer, and the ticket was a set $30 instead of the old $20.

Tim

http://www.ipopper.net/petition/atta...ceofMotion.pdf

This might be helpful to the scooter owners on the forum. It's the motion the city put forth for free scooter parking in all designated areas as well as on the sidewalks.

However, I had a question to the forum members with good memory's. Several months ago I was put onto a thread on here where one very passionate scooter owner did some serious investigation on the topic and posted all her findings including an email from a city worker stating that it's legal for scooters to be parked on sidewalks. I tried to find it again but was unsuccessful. Anyone know who wrote the thread or where I could find it? It had much more concrete evidence to present than the link to the motion I've posted.
    Thanks

Scooters (meaning small scooters) can be parked/locked to city bike locking posts...lots of times, these bicycle locking posts are located on boulevards or sidewalks. That may be the source of confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewU View Post
    http://www.ipopper.net/petition/atta...ceofMotion.pdf

This might be helpful to the scooter owners on the forum. It's the motion the city put forth for free scooter parking in all designated areas as well as on the sidewalks.

However, I had a question to the forum members with good memory's. Several months ago I was put onto a thread on here where one very passionate scooter owner did some serious investigation on the topic and posted all her findings including an email from a city worker stating that it's legal for scooters to be parked on sidewalks. I tried to find it again but was unsuccessful. Anyone know who wrote the thread or where I could find it? It had much more concrete evidence to present than the link to the motion I've posted.
    Thanks
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Has anyone got a ticket at Ashbridge's Bay? I've never gotten one parking in front of the parking machine and plenty of bikes do it all the time. I just got a ticket yesterday for doing that. Are we allowed to park free there? Can I fight it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eieckro View Post
    Has anyone got a ticket at Ashbridge's Bay? I've never gotten one parking in front of the parking machine and plenty of bikes do it all the time. I just got a ticket yesterday for doing that. Are we allowed to park free there? Can I fight it? Thanks.
    Was it a Green P lot? I got a ticket at Sunnyside . called the city and they said Green P lare not free. Stupid , but true.....

I got a ticket for parking my scooter on the sidewalk. It was locked to a bike rack and it was not blocking pedestrians.

I got this ticket right in front of the Toronto convention center. The parking infraction is "STOP ON/OVER SIDEWALK/FOOTPATH" (Code No. 30)

Even though I have parked on sidewalks all over the city and never had problems, I read this entire post and I am pretty sure that I am not supposed to park on side walks.

Is there anyway I can fight this ticket and what is the probability of success?