City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments

Thread: City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

thx for the brief, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312

Just a question...how can a security guard write a legally binding parking ticket? If you fought it, there would be so many loopholes u could use to get out of such a ticket.
    its legally binding because its written by municipal traffic enforcement, not security guards. private properties have them around to enforce parking regulation given to the private estats by the by-laws within the municipality.
    and its not in the jurisdictioin of the provincial courts.
    unless you wanna go to a small claims court, in which i believe there will be a court charge, implying that the ticket cost would be far cheaper to pay than to waste time fighting it and risk having to pay court fees

Banned

Re: City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments

So after reading this thread, I went for a walk and asked a couple of enforcement officers doing Yonge/Bloor/ Jarvis area what's their instructions on motorcycle parking. I got two very definite answers.
    (1) Motorcycles and Scooters are allowed to park free in pay and display areas.
    (2) Question: What are the advised parking angles and time allowed.
    Answer : We are not specifically briefed on this. We are mandated simply not to tag motorcycles and scooters parked in the pay and display area.