why are posts being removed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why are posts being removed?

SteveT

why are posts being removed?

I posted in this thread and had this photo removed
    thread
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=68952

Is it offensive? There are photos of other bikes there.
    There was no notice to me?
    thanks

photo

Re: why are posts being removed?

this R1 looks awesome

My guess would be that this board has so many moderators it's difficult to get 100% consistency when it comes to controlling content.

One mod might have deemed it offensive, meanwhile on another section of the board, there's far more offensive stuff...Like racial slurs...
    Last edited by Guy Fawkes; 08-19-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Because General Discussion is for information purposes. Posts like yours are for trolling only. They will be deleted from here on in.

If you can not contribute a sensible answer to a thread, then your post will be deleted. There is Romper Room and Trash Talk that you can play in.

Please keep General Discussion for motorcycle related information only.

Oh..and because you have purposely posted this in General Discussion knowing it doesn't belong here, an infraction will be issued. You really can't tell me you didn't see this?? :

"When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
    My guess would be that this board has so many moderators it's difficult to get 100% consistency when it comes to controlling content.

One mod might have deemed it offensive, meanwhile on another section of the board, there's far more offensive stuff...Like racial slurs...
    So report the racial slurs....every post has a report button. Every reported post is dealt with.

Thanks for your help
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Because General Discussion is for information purposes. Posts like yours are for trolling only. They will be deleted from here on in.

If you can not contribute a sensible answer to a thread, then your post will be deleted. There is Romper Room and Trash Talk that you can play in.

Oh..and because you have purposely posted this in General Discussion knowing it doesn't belong here, an infraction will be issued. You really can't tell me you didn't see this?? :

The original post in the thread was answering the question posted.
    What are chic bikes. I posted a photo of an R1.

Somoene else still has there photo of a Ducati1098.

Why was my post removed and that one is not?

How does a thread about which bikes are "chic" bikes beneficial to anyone. It is General and not romperoom.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post

Somoene else still has there photo of a Ducati1098.
    Because you got caught - they didn't!

Cheers

Paul

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

SteveT

Because you got caught - they didn't!

Cheers

Paul
    Get caught with what?
    The person that started the thread asked what bikes are chic bikes. I posted a photo like quite a few others after of a bike.

What is the problem exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Get caught with what?
    The person that started the thread asked what bikes are chic bikes. I posted a photo like quite a few others after of a bike.

What is the problem exactly?
    See my post above. We can go in circles for ever again but I don't have the time. There will be no more responses from me on this.

Cheers

Paul

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

SteveT

This is the post and and title of the thread STILL in general
    'Chick' bikes

It is NOT in the romper room. The mod that removed my photo should have also moved that thread. They posted asking which bikes are chic bikes. Are they trolling. I don't know. I merely responded with a photo of a bike in response to their post. Others have done the same yet you have not deleted theirs. Why?

Does it make sense to you now?

So report the racial slurs....every post has a report button. Every reported post is dealt with.

Thanks for your help
    It actually doesn't bother me that much...I just wanted to comment on it...In any case, it was in the exact same thread.
    *Event and Wedding DJ*
    *VERY competitive rates*
    PM, or email: theperfectmix@live.com

SteveT

It actually doesn't bother me that much...I just wanted to comment on it...In any case, it was in the exact same thread.
    Too busy with my photo vs. the clear remarks. I guess my photo of an R1 was more offensive than what Guy is referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Maybe it's a cry for attention maybe it is out of pride. But personally I think guys doing wheelies at 100km/h by the Tim's where the riders are resting is just as big of a PATHETIC cry for a attention... oh but wait, they're practicing their skillz so its ok right? And what sterotype is this perpetuating anyway.. that girls like pink?.. well some girls do like pink so they wear it. Personally I have a lot of pink t-shirts and tank tops because I feel it greatly compliments my skin tone.

Anyway, I think what this is really about is that sometimes female riders who like to flaunt the fact that they're female intimidate some guys or makes them uncomfortable. Do you run over black people who eat fried chicken and Indians that own convenience store too? You know, since they're perpetuating the sterotype and all. If seeing a female rider wearing pink evokes so much emotion out of you that you want to commit murder (not that you ever would) then you should probably seek some help. Maybe start worrying about improving your own skills instead of what others are wearing/riding.
    Last edited by SteveT; 08-19-2008 at 04:37 PM.

SteveT

from someone else

Butterfly wasn't racist. Read the entire post properly until you understand it please.

The way it works is that someone not a mod will click on the report button. Then a mod has to take a look.

They have to change posts about speeds being ++the speedlimit to spirited, remove swearing, trolling, instigators, change stuff posted in the wrong forum section.

Whom ever clicked the report button probably gave a good enough reason and any good mod shouldn't release that info, instead they should just give a cookie cutter answer like post was reported with a valid arguement.

After a while they see patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by CirrusVirus View Post
    Butterfly wasn't racist. Read the entire post properly until you understand it please.
    She made generalizations...Whether she insinuated that it was the actions of someone else, or they were the actions of herself is not the point.

The TRULY diplomatic thing to do, would be to ignore the generalizations and pretend that they don't exist...Because once you identify them or bring light to them, you in turn are putting it at the forefront of reality.
    *Event and Wedding DJ*
    *VERY competitive rates*
    PM, or email: theperfectmix@live.com

Guys, chill... It's not your site, so you have to play by the site rules however arbitrary some of them may seem (I'm not claiming this is such a case). I've had posts and even entire threads deleted, no big deal.

Your pic was removed by one of our mods... the pic post there.. and now posted here is huge and therefore takes up bandwidth. The mod was merely trying to ensure that we don't have to purchase additional bandwidth because of a pic that was not necessary and also ensuring the site doesn't go down before the end of month due to exceeding the bandwidth.

You other posts were removed because they didn't pertain to the discussion as originally stated by Paul.

Sponsor Me Today ................................ Sponsor the GTAM Ride Team

2011 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $29,335.50 
    2010 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $37,836.14 
    2009 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $39,347.14 
    2008 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $37,868.15 
    2007 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $18,540.28 
    2004 GTA Motorcycle RFS Online Ride Team: $13,408.69

I'll be honest SteveT

nobody likes you.. thats why it was removed

Quote Originally Posted by cutekill View Post
    Your pic was removed by one of our mods... the pic post there.. and now posted here is huge and therefore takes up bandwidth. The mod was merely trying to ensure that we don't have to purchase additional bandwidth because of a pic that was not necessary and also ensuring the site doesn't go down before the end of month due to exceeding the bandwidth.

You other posts were removed because they didn't pertain to the discussion as originally stated by Paul.

No meaning to argue at ALL with this, but if that was the case wouldn't you guys get rid of the Picture association game

OK .... well I would really like to know why Paul has banned MY IP

This is getting kind of ridiculous .....

Butterfly made some very offensive comments wrt Indians and black people, even went so far as to mention murder, when I was just joking about how women who wear pink get on my nerves ... additionally telling me that I should "seek help"

yet ... somehow I am at fault for responding in a facetious manner

Can you explain this to me??????
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...