Insurance for a 16 year old? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance for a 16 year old?

badboy175

Re: Insurance for a 16 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by badboy175 View Post
    oh wtf? i thought there was a m1 written and road test and then 2 more for M2 and M. ok info on the course now people. lets find me some info from past experiance of this dilema. chop chop! lol
    this was not me, this was idiotic freind.. i gave him my account and password because he had the same problem as me. really really sorry!

badboy175

and i have been in to bikes since i was a little boy and i think its my passion. aha. ive ridden dirt bikes (have one), scooters, and a motorcycle before many times. i think i have enough experience but the insurance is such a hassle.

I would love to keep my dirt bike and just ride that around but you cant insure a dirt bike and if i get caught riding one im going to get 5 tickets and wont be able to get my license until im 18. This happened to my freind a couple of weeks ago. i have actually been chased by my city who are like cops but pretty much patrol my town (woodbridge) and have almost gotten caught many times.

Can someone please give me any tips on how to bring the insurance price lower, like joining clubs or something. if i cant get the rate to about $1500, i guess im just going to buy a car in a couple of years.

and i have been in to bikes since i was a little boy and i think its my passion. aha. ive ridden dirt bikes (have one), scooters, and a motorcycle before many times. i think i have enough experience but the insurance is such a hassle.

I would love to keep my dirt bike and just ride that around but you cant insure a dirt bike and if i get caught riding one im going to get 5 tickets and wont be able to get my license until im 18. This happened to my freind a couple of weeks ago. i have actually been chased by my city who are like cops but pretty much patrol my town (woodbridge) and have almost gotten caught many times.

Can someone please give me any tips on how to bring the insurance price lower, like joining clubs or something. if i cant get the rate to about $1500, i guess im just going to buy a car in a couple of years.
    okay, I said it before. The only thing you can do to lower insurance is to take the MSF course. this will give you a 10% discount I believe. doesn't help either that you don't even have a driving record.

you will not find a rate lower than 1500, other than a scooter. A cbr125 will cost about about 1600-1800. a ninja maybe ~2000.

I suggest you get a job, 1000 is barely enough for this hobby. do you have enough money saved to get a 250r? because they are really expensive, why not buy a cheaper bike and spend the rest on insurance and gear.

maintenance cost and accesorries and everything else adds up too.

badboy175

Someone wants to trade their 2000 R6 for my dirt bike. im going to take the course and look for a job.

Someone wants to trade their 2000 R6 for my dirt bike. im going to take the course and look for a job.
    okay not smart man...I don't know what to say anymore, trying to help you out here and here you are being ignorant again. R6 is too much for you. Do you have any idea how much insurance is going to be? have you done any research whatsoever?

you know what, I'm out.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dy9213 View Post
    okay not smart man...I don't know what to say anymore, trying to help you out here and here you are being ignorant again. R6 is too much for you. Do you have any idea how much insurance is going to be? have you done any research whatsoever?

you know what, I'm out.
    +1.

LMAO.

I don't think the thread could possibly have ended better.

Dude, do yourself a favour - DON'T start riding any time soon. I don't know you personally, but judging from your posts you don't sound like you have the maturity to NOT kill yourself. You have done ZERO research.

I think people come on here and ask stupid questions on purpose just to push the buttons of people.

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    I think people come on here and ask stupid questions on purpose just to push the buttons of people.
    And everyone bites every time!

"Hi My name is Billy and im from Jane & Finch. I'm 16 and 4 days, just got my M1 and i just bought a 08 Busa that im gonna park outside my crack house apartment without an alarm. Can anyone recommend a good Tshirt & flip flops to wear while riding down the 401 at 300 km/h?"

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    And everyone bites every time!

"Hi My name is Billy and im from Jane & Finch. I'm 16 and 4 days, just got my M1 and i just bought a 08 Busa that im gonna park outside my crack house apartment without an alarm. Can anyone recommend a good Tshirt & flip flops to wear while riding down the 401 at 300 km/h?"

hi billy i would suggest you dont wear any flip flops cuz they cause drag. if you have a busa you just wana pin it. dont bother with shorts or a t shirt and shave your head. also befor you ride just put some vasaline all over your body so you are more stream line. then just hug the tank and hit the vroom vroom stick and you will be doing 300km/h on the 401 in no time.

This poor kid is gonna be totally confused by you sickos. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelchic View Post
    This poor kid is gonna be totally confused by you sickos. LOL
    He's probably Mike.RR.