507 construction - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 507 construction

Re: 507 construction

Quote Originally Posted by fugue View Post
    Construction update for the 507:

As of this afternoon the 3 gravel zones are now one big construction zone, all unpaved, and some of it is soft mud, the rest slightly harder, but not much. Not a lot of fun for anyone - even when back on pavement it took a few clicks to get all the slippery stuff off my tires. And it was very slick.

If you insist on riding the 507 in the near future, I'd suggest approaching from the south and turning around and going back once you hit the construction. Unless you're on a dual sport - in which case, it will be a fun ride.

Ride safe.
    Was there today as well
    should read this forum more often
    they sprayed with magnesium and calcium so I turned around and went south like you suggested, just glad I was comming from the south on a trip to nowhere
    cb900f

Re: 507 construction

I was on it today.

The top part that must have been the construction is mainly all finished now and paved with what I think is called "Hard Top". It looks like there may be a km or so that still need to be finished but this part is a hard surface without the final layer of gravel pressed on it.

It will probably take a week or more for the lose little bits of gravel to get pressed down or knocked off the road and should be a reasonably good surface after that. You will still need to be careful in the areas where cars don't run as the loose gravel can stay on those sections for a bit longer.

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report