507 construction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 507 construction

Smile 507 (construction) gravel patches

went to haliburton and bobcageon today and was surprised with the condition of the 507. It was smooth sailing until gooderham and then you will get breaks in the road that are gravel not paved yet so be very careful near the bottom. You wont get much warning if you flying.

Ride Safe everyone.
    Last edited by blu600; 08-19-2008 at 01:12 AM. Reason: some think term is too strong

Re: 507 construction

Won't get much warning? I was there today as well, there are two consecutive big huge orange signs that say "construction" prior to the two 25 or so feet length gravel sections. If thats not enough warning .......

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Won't get much warning? I was there today as well, there are two consecutive big huge orange signs that say "construction" prior to the two 25 or so feet length gravel sections. If thats not enough warning .......
    D' ya think the signs might not have been up when the op went through .. thx for the warning and ignore this ingrate

Actually the gravel patches that I came across last weekend were well marked.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Its just a fad around here, dramatize everything. Less than 0.001 % of the total distance of the road is being resurfaced and a big frown titled construction.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Actually the gravel patches that I came across last weekend were well marked.
    +1

I was up there on Sunday with the wife, and there was plenty of warning.

Saw Sempre1, too--always a pleasure.

Its just a fad around here, dramatize everything. Less than 0.001 % of the total distance of the road is being resurfaced and a big frown titled construction.

I agree.

Now, here's some real info: the 620 has a long stretch of "tar & pitch," (-lots of gravel!), on the eastern side... sucks arse....

+1

Am I dreaming or is this the second thread in a week about the well posted construction at the north end of the 507?
    Yes, stay away from the 507 terrible road condidtions =) Stick to the 400 series. (SEE 507 Report Thread- same report same comments)

Hope they have repaired the shallow pot hole at the exit of the 401 East Ramp to Allan Road North. It catches you as it is exactly on the line through the long guard rail lined sweeper (80k posted) Not a big deal in a car, but at night you will not see it. No warning signs!
    Last edited by STARSHIP; 08-19-2008 at 08:49 AM.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

Go ahead and race through it then like some people do full tilt and we will see how fast you can be ready after seeing your "huge signs" see if I care!
    Any info that may prevent an accident may be worth it . just trying to help. Put your own post up that says all is ok and hope no one races that area and ditches. At least it would be your fault not mine!

I spoke to some locals in Haliburton and some OPP, they are on a zero tolerance thing because we have totally blowned it apart, they have had more motorcycle crashes and what not than ever and EVERYONE is ****** off.

So .. if you can't go down a road without having to read online about a 20 foot section of gravel that is clearly marked as you go down that road then do everyone a favour and go play golf instead.

Chill out boys

SteveT

I spoke to some locals in Haliburton and some OPP, they are on a zero tolerance thing because we have totally blowned it apart, they have had more motorcycle crashes and what not than ever and EVERYONE is ****** off.

So .. if you can't go down a road without having to read online about a 20 foot section of gravel that is clearly marked as you go down that road then do everyone a favour and go play golf instead.

I already do

Agreed. I mean the OP was meant as a warning to others and nothing more,so chill people. Sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by tarah View Post
    Chill out boys

SteveT

at the end of the day it's better to have more advanced warnings than not.

Angry Re: 507 construction

I am glad you said "We" beacause I have never flew down that road but have been passed like I was standing still. Obviously your admiting to be one so lets see who will be a statistic first. I gave a warning and most people aprreciated it so you need to get a life and piss off with your opinion, I couldnt care less! like I said make your own post and say whatever you want, that way we dont have to read it if we dont want.

Unbeleiveable you post a warning and I am going to be told to play golf. I When I get warnings Im just thankful whether I need them or not. Its only trying to be helpful and I am not geting shot down for that By someone who needs to get a life. This guy reminds me of all the guys on cruisers who just keep riding because they are too good to salute a fellow rider. whats this world coming too and thank goodness its only a small percentage of people anyways.

Ride safe everyone else! and sorry about all this for the rest of you nice people.

Holy smokes man take it easy, I am not singling you out, its just that your hand was in the cookie jar this time. All I am trying to do is make readers aware that riding down a road is up to the rider and not up to the previous person who went through to educate everyone else on (in this case) a small section of gravel !!

I am sorry you took it so personally.

You dont make it seem that way but fine thanks!

Thanks for the update. This kind of info is always welcome to most of us. Ignore the wisecracks and post up both good roads, and dangeous sections. It is always better to be forewarned.

Construction update for the 507:

As of this afternoon the 3 gravel zones are now one big construction zone, all unpaved, and some of it is soft mud, the rest slightly harder, but not much. Not a lot of fun for anyone - even when back on pavement it took a few clicks to get all the slippery stuff off my tires. And it was very slick.

If you insist on riding the 507 in the near future, I'd suggest approaching from the south and turning around and going back once you hit the construction. Unless you're on a dual sport - in which case, it will be a fun ride.

Ride safe.
    Just shut up and ride.