"High Risk" female rider - need insurance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "High Risk" female rider - need insurance!

"High Risk" female rider - need insurance!

So I just bought my M2 and my first bike and I'm excited to get out riding....BUT I can't find anywhere that will insure me! I'm a 22 year old female and in the last six years I have had one minor accident and (in the last 3 years) 3 speeding tickets (each 15 kmh over, one being out-of-province). I can't find anywhere that will insure me at all!

Any suggestions?
    ***Next to Motorcycles, Diamonds are a girls best friend***

Re: "High Risk" female rider - need insurance!

state farm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    state farm
    doubt it.

try calling the brokers and tell them your situation.
    there is something called "Facility" ins. which is for high risk people.

its gonna be expensive though.

Kingsway does facility

Call Avi Singh
    your best bet by far!

state farm
    State Farm won't take her either, i have 2 tickets on my record and they told me if i get one more then they will cancel my insurance. and i have a trail date coming for my next speeding ticket. :S

Bobby Likes Bikes

State Farm is great...BUT Only if you have a clean record.

Her record is very dirty by insurance standards and will have a hard time getting insurance on a bike regardless.

$$$ Facility $$$ is likely her only bet

Hmm, I have one accident and one ticket on my record and state farm took me, guess its not as bad as 3 though

state farm
    I had originally called Primmum and they quoted me at $439 for six monthes then $1600 anually after that, but when I called to purchase a policy they told me that I'm actually not insurable!

I called State Farm and they transferred me to someone who handles their "Facility" clients (such bizarre wording), they do this through a company called Nordic Insurance - quoted me $1900/yr for basic liability coverage.

Then I found Kingsway auto through Kanetix.com and they quoted me at $2604/yr for basic liability...

Also found a company (after calling SEVERAL who told me I was uninsurable) in Orillia (hometown) who quoted me $1302/yr - which is started to sound pretty good to me!

I don't think I'm going to be able to get cheaper than thirteen hundred for a year, but this still seems outrageous for a motorcycle thats only worth three thousand? (admittedly I do have a poor record. tsk! tsk!)

Actually that's not bad at all consider you're under 25 and have a new motorcycle licence and not previously insured for motorcycles and with such a...as someone put it 'dirty record'. You're lucky anyone will take you with that previous history. We all make mistakes, but we pay for them too! When you're 25, been riding with an M, insured a few years and your record cleans up, you'll find it much cheaper.

Obiwan Kenoobie

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessA View Post
    So I just bought my M2 and my first bike and I'm excited to get out riding....BUT I can't find anywhere that will insure me! I'm a 22 year old female and in the last six years I have had one minor accident and (in the last 3 years) 3 speeding tickets (each 15 kmh over, one being out-of-province). I can't find anywhere that will insure me at all!

Any suggestions?

anyone with that record and self-professed "high-risk" shall be introduced repeatedly to Mr. Benjamin Dover when seeking insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan Kenoobie View Post
    anyone with that record and self-professed "high-risk" shall be introduced repeatedly to Mr. Benjamin Dover when seeking insurance.
    HAHA I know that feeling! My record will clean up on september 6. It will have been 3 years since my major. I'm considered high risk. 1 10 over ticket and 1 major conviction. I went through Easyway at $3000/year on an 850cc. 21 y/o male. Whereas everyone else was 6k and up!

I'd suggest you call a few brokers, they'll be able to help you best, and work with you towards cleaning up your record.
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessA View Post

I don't think I'm going to be able to get cheaper than thirteen hundred for a year, but this still seems outrageous for a motorcycle thats only worth three thousand? (admittedly I do have a poor record. tsk! tsk!)
    remember when you are getting liability insurance only the value of the bike doesnt really come into play. they are insuring YOU, not the bike. If you wreck it, they aint paying for it anyway.

remember when you are getting liability insurance only the value of the bike doesnt really come into play. they are insuring YOU, not the bike. If you wreck it, they aint paying for it anyway.

Good Point - as far as I see it, if I wreck it it's my own damned fault and I'm just going to have to suck it up! Although I have heard of some who have wrecked their bikes and blamed 'distractions'...like trees, stop signs...etc...

Princess, all companies will put you in Facility which is the high risk book of business. I would try to stay with the company you hve a record with as they may give you a break.

Quote Originally Posted by obr44 View Post
    Princess, all companies will put you in Facility which is the high risk book of business. I would try to stay with the company you hve a record with as they may give you a break.
    Not so. Jevco and Kingsway would both accept a rider with the OP's record.

has anyone asked? what bike is OP insuring?

I am in the exact situation the OP is in, except I have a bit more driving experience with my G (not sure it matters), I'm 24 and male. Other then that, 1 minor accident and 3 speeding tickets in last 3 years. I called Avi and the cheapest turned out to be Jevco. I tried calling a number of other places and they all told me they accept maximum of 2 faults (accident counts as a fault and so does a ticket), so until some of my tickets are off my record I am SOL. My insurance on brand new SV650S turned out to be to the tune of 2700. Which is pretty steep, but it's not like I didn't see it coming being a male younger then 25 and with 3 tickets. I would imagine for a girl it should be a little cheaper.

But like people already said, call some brokers. They usually have at least one company that insures higher risk drivers/riders.

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    has anyone asked? what bike is OP insuring?

OP? It's a 2001 Kawasaki 250R Ninja with verrryyy low mileage (not sure if the mileage makes a difference?).

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Not so. Jevco and Kingsway would both accept a rider with the OP's record.
    True, not all companies subscribe to Facility, but their rates would be comparable would they not? I thought Jevco stopped writing motorcycle business?