amsoil 10w 40 good or not ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: amsoil 10w 40 good or not ?

Re: amsoil 10w 40 good or not ?

i used amsoil for a week now and the bike just runs so smooth better sound and smoother clutch ! love the ride now even less vibration!
    † LIVE FOR THE MOMENT †

Quote Originally Posted by †-=ElEmEnT_X=- † View Post
    i used amsoil for a week now and the bike just runs so smooth better sound and smoother clutch ! love the ride now even less vibration!
    I put an air freshener in my car, and I swear it has at least 10 more bhp.

Not any ordinary air freshner either, this one says "High Performance" right on the package, so I knew I wasn't wasting my money.

I think I saw the same "high performance" label on the amsoil bottle too, so.

Quote Originally Posted by apstndp View Post
    Good, that I got my OPINION across. Maybe you want to give me your opinion as why it is crap? please enlighten me, as I know nothing about oil.
    I never said it's crap.
    I said it's a waste of money.

Same/similar quality of oil can be purchased for less than half the price.

I said, if you have the money, why not waste it!
    I certainly never said it was crap. It's good. Just a waste of money.

Who cares anyway, are you really concerned about weather or not your engine will last beyong 200,000 kms?
    I'll bet you a case of beer that something not related to a lubricated mechanical part will fail LONG before anything lubricated by the primary oil system (as long as you keep oil in it).

ok mike ! ur help is much appretiated and thank you for ur expert advice !
    wat u ride and how u ride it also states the use and peformance of engine oil by the sound of it u probably never hit anything over the 80 mark ! wait thats too fast . and about ur airfreshner ! wat kind of messed up man puts an air freshner with high performance labeled and brags about it ? u seriously need to get ur head checked and ur not a tec kinda guy acc to me cauz all u do in threads is b**h like a pmsing grl . so take your miserable , sarcastic and boaring life away for us and spare us the misery !
    thanks to every one else for their help

i found out the previous owner used the 0w-30 oil it was nice no problems but i just feel the amsoil is better for my r6 mab y i feel that was cauz its fresh and its my first oil change.
    † LIVE FOR THE MOMENT †

ok mike ! ur help is much appretiated and thank you for ur expert advice !
    wat u ride and how u ride it also states the use and peformance of engine oil by the sound of it u probably never hit anything over the 80 mark ! wait thats too fast . and about ur airfreshner ! wat kind of messed up man puts an air freshner with high performance labeled and brags about it ? u seriously need to get ur head checked and ur not a tec kinda guy acc to me cauz all u do in threads is b**h like a pmsing grl . so take your miserable , sarcastic and boaring life away for us and spare us the misery !
    thanks to every one else for their help

i found out the previous owner used the 0w-30 oil it was nice no problems but i just feel the amsoil is better for my r6 mab y i feel that was cauz its fresh and its my first oil change.
    For me its like learning to read english all over again... I don't know about anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by patronftw View Post
    For me its like learning to read english all over again... I don't know about anyone else
    i think thats wat they mean by u learn sumtin new everyday !
    † LIVE FOR THE MOMENT †

Not exactly a waste of $. There is a noticeable difference when I switched to Mobile synthetic oil. The shift is smoother.

No oil is really better than another. The reason I use synthetic oil is to extend the change interval (less work and more environmentally friendly since less waste oil). Regular oil is as good as synthetic oil if changed on a regular scheduled interval.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.from.canmore View Post
    Waste of money.
    But if you have it waste, why not waste it, it's only money.

Amsoil is a good oil, maybe even a 'great' oil, but it is NOT any better than other fully synthetic oils that can be purchased for much cheaper.
    Esso XD and Rotella T (both 100% Synthetic) are very popular oils for motorcycles; they have gone through much more rigorous and thorough tests than Amsoil and have proven to be excellent performers in a variety of engines and conditions.
    I have used Amsoil for a few oil changes, got tired of paying so much, and this past summer have switched to Rotella T 5w40. I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in the performance, temperature or behaviour of the bike - other than the fact that it's costing me half as much.

You'll get lots of opinions on this board; unfortunately you'll have to do your own research - as I did - and decide what's best for you. If you don't mind paying top dollar, stick with Amsoil...

... i just feel the amsoil is better for my r6 mab y i feel that was cauz its fresh and its my first oil change.
    What you feel is just FRESH OIL! You'd feel exactly the same difference with any other synth oil (ESSO, Rotella, etc.). Especially, because it's your first oil change

Quote Originally Posted by ago.on.2wheels View Post
    Amsoil is a good oil, maybe even a 'great' oil, but it is NOT any better than other fully synthetic oils that can be purchased for much cheaper.
    Esso XD and Rotella T (both 100% Synthetic) are very popular oils for motorcycles; they have gone through much more rigorous and thorough tests than Amsoil and have proven to be excellent performers in a variety of engines and conditions.
    I have used Amsoil for a few oil changes, got tired of paying so much, and this past summer have switched to Rotella T 5w40. I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in the performance, temperature or behaviour of the bike - other than the fact that it's costing me half as much.

You'll get lots of opinions on this board; unfortunately you'll have to do your own research - as I did - and decide what's best for you. If you don't mind paying top dollar, stick with Amsoil...
    I fully agree. Tried both oils and decided to stay with Rotella.

I'm an AMSOIL dealer and can get you 30% off retail on everything they sell.
    send me a PM if you are interested.
    Last edited by mobius; 09-11-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Check with the mechanic at the dealer.

My friend's R1 was not recommended to go with full synthetic so I use the Motul mixed version.

My '83 GS1100ES now uses it due to it's lack of oil cooler. At 30C+ in stop and go traffic, air cooled blocks do suffer and need all the help they can muster.
    One bike isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercaholic View Post
    Check with the mechanic at the dealer.
    Ya, cause all dealer mechanics take special training in engine design, lubrication, and chemical oil analysis. Just make sure it's a dealer mechanic, and not some 30 yr veteran motorcycle mechanic who doesn't work for a dealer, these guys don't get the oil analysis chemistry classes.

Most dealer mechanics can judge what oil is best for your bike by taste alone - just a drop on the tongue is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercaholic View Post
    My friend's R1 was not recommended to go with full synthetic so I use the Motul mixed version.
    Ahhh.

your friend must have one of those "SPECIAL" R1's that was build with a unique grade of aluminum that reacts poorly with the extra viscosity breakdown resistance of good synthetic oil.

It's a good thing that was identified before it was too late! Sounds like he almost suffered from catastrophic over lubrication of the bearing surfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by ago.on.2wheels View Post

I just recently switched to Rotella T as well, seems okay, although i find it hard to find Neutral, but i think that's just a Duc thing. One thing i did notice though is my bike smells crappy now.
    Whatever I just typed was probably meant to be humorous with a tinge of sarcasm, so, please take it that way. It's also not intended as a personal attack, so, don't take it personally. It is afterall, just a semi-anonymous post on the internet.

Ya, cause all dealer mechanics take special training in engine design, lubrication, and chemical oil analysis. Just make sure it's a dealer mechanic, and not some 30 yr veteran motorcycle mechanic who doesn't work for a dealer, these guys don't get the oil analysis chemistry classes.

Most dealer mechanics can judge what oil is best for your bike by taste alone - just a drop on the tongue is all you need.

Ahhh.

your friend must have one of those "SPECIAL" R1's that was build with a unique grade of aluminum that reacts poorly with the extra viscosity breakdown resistance of good synthetic oil.

It's a good thing that was identified before it was too late! Sounds like he almost suffered from catastrophic over lubrication of the bearing surfaces.
    This is fantastic!

Ahhh.

You may be a prick in most of your posts...
    but this one is golden!

wat do u mean most of his posts ! ALL HIS POST' remind me of him being a prick !
    Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    You may be a prick in most of your posts...
    but this one is golden!
    † LIVE FOR THE MOMENT †

wat do u mean most of his posts ! ALL HIS POST' remind me of him being a prick !
    I like Mike's posts, keeps me entertained while at work. Some of you emos shouldn't be so sensitive.

Ahhh.

Mike is a superstar!!!
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

'08 Yamaha WR250X (SuperRetard)
    '03 Suzuki SV1000S Current (Silver Surfer)

'07 Aprilia SXV 5.5 Teefed (Redstar)
    '04 Honda 1000RR Previous (Red1.2)
    '05 Yamaha R6 Previous (Red1)
    '89 Suzuki GS500E Previous (SuziQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the **** up and not be such a ******. you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post

Ben Steinberg Deals Gap Resort Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
    Mike is a superstar!!!
    This takes me way back...Hulkster against The Ultimate Warrior.

LOL!!!!!! Mike you gotta come out to a ride some day... I'll buy you lunch or something. This is hilarious!
    '08 ZX6R