Fish eye session? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fish eye session?

Re: Fish eye session?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    So we had a good session last night, its been a while! And while I was gone someone went and learned foot on seat circles to the right, good work Jackson I see your really starting to use your upper body to steer those.....Ive got the rubber arms today myself....
    Thanks Johnny.
    It's nice to hear praise coming from you, (your hard to impress).
    Yeah, my hands feel rubbery too. I think I need a day off, or maybe 6 more hours.
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

i ****ing love those lens'!!!
    back in the day when me and my boys used to skate and make vids downtown and earl heg n **** my buddy had one of those. best effects in making skate vids and prob stunt vids also! have you used it yet for any vids? lets make some vids john-nayyyyyyy!

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmilez View Post
    i ****ing love those lens'!!!
    back in the day when me and my boys used to skate and make vids downtown and earl heg n **** my buddy had one of those. best effects in making skate vids and prob stunt vids also! have you used it yet for any vids? lets make some vids john-nayyyyyyy!
    We have about 7 1hr tapes from this summer, that we are going to edit or have edited over the winter months....At least 1 1/2 of the tapes is fisheye footage...Some wide angle and the rest just standard lens...Still its all 1080 HD so even the regular footage looks great...

If anyone wants to help us with that, it would be very much appreciated

I ain't no editor but wouldaure enjoy the watching the tapes :P

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    If anyone wants to help us with that, it would be very much appreciated
    If only I wasn't working my *** off to get some new episodes to air on a new series. Plus my wife would kill me... I still have to do a baby video and our son is now 13 months (oops... damn work).

I think you would have fun getting someone that knows what the are doing to help you do it yourself. More of a mentor role than doing it. Part of the fun of shooting your own stuff is working with it in post production. Editing your own footage will also help you become a better shooter as you see what shots and styles work and what don't. If you have the gear to edit it and are in know hurry you can learn a lot. Hell down the road you can offer your own stunt/video prodcution company. Of course I've been intending to start my own production company on the side but work keeps me just busy enough that I haven't done it. Damn its hard to come up with a good name that isn't taken. lol

Good luck with the footage I'm sure it would be a blast. As for legal rights and music if you intend to sell DVDs I bet you could partner up with some local (or not local) hip hop and rock bands (or whatever your cup of tea is) and get some authorized music in a music for promotion deal.

Have fun thats what its all about eh.

Yeah for sure I want to learn over the winter, and be able to produce my own stuff eventually. Like you my only issue is TIME!...LOL but I'll find some somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    If only I wasn't working my *** off to get some new episodes to air on a new series. Plus my wife would kill me... I still have to do a baby video and our son is now 13 months (oops... damn work).

I think you would have fun getting someone that knows what the are doing to help you do it yourself. More of a mentor role than doing it. Part of the fun of shooting your own stuff is working with it in post production. Editing your own footage will also help you become a better shooter as you see what shots and styles work and what don't. If you have the gear to edit it and are in know hurry you can learn a lot. Hell down the road you can offer your own stunt/video prodcution company. Of course I've been intending to start my own production company on the side but work keeps me just busy enough that I haven't done it. Damn its hard to come up with a good name that isn't taken. lol

Good luck with the footage I'm sure it would be a blast. As for legal rights and music if you intend to sell DVDs I bet you could partner up with some local (or not local) hip hop and rock bands (or whatever your cup of tea is) and get some authorized music in a music for promotion deal.

Have fun thats what its all about eh.

jp i aint not nothing but time now again

Hey Johnny, nice setup you got there. I'd help ya out but like everyone else, I just don't have the time. Maybe later on in the winter months.

You're shooting HDV I assume (miniDV tapes?). So you would be working with 1440X1080, not quite full HD resolution but for web videos or DVD it doesn't make much of a difference.

Be sure to digitize using apple Prores 422 codec, for reasons probably only Adrath would understand, it just makes editing the footage a whole lot easier to deal with rather than the HDV Mpeg compression codec.

I use Avid at work and FCP at home office. If i'm free in the near future I'll send you a PM, I can't work for free but I do work fairly cheap.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    Hey Johnny, nice setup you got there. I'd help ya out but like everyone else, I just don't have the time. Maybe later on in the winter months.

You're shooting HDV I assume (miniDV tapes?). So you would be working with 1440X1080, not quite full HD resolution but for web videos or DVD it doesn't make much of a difference.

Be sure to digitize using apple Prores 422 codec, for reasons probably only Adrath would understand, it just makes editing the footage a whole lot easier to deal with rather than the HDV Mpeg compression codec.

I use Avid at work and FCP at home office. If i'm free in the near future I'll send you a PM, I can't work for free but I do work fairly cheap.

Good luck.

Yes its 1440x1080/60i which isnt the highest quailty HD available, but is the highest setting on our specific camera....And honestly way more quality then needed for what were doing...

As for your adive on on digitizing, I appreciate it even thou that tech talk is still chinese to me...LOL I'll be sure to pass it on to whoever I get to do the digitizing for me....