$365 parking ticket - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: $365 parking ticket

Re: $365 parking ticket

It does not matter if there is a sign or not. It is your responsibility to know the by-law of the city your in.

This is not necessarily the case. Do you know why people put "no trespassing" signs every 20 feet along the edge of their property, or why "no parking" signs all seem to carry a bylaw notice these days? Because of challenges in various courts.

If there is no applicable signage stating the bylaw, then there is a good chance that the ticket would be invalidated.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by †-=ElEmEnT_X=- † View Post
    imm a 150% sure it was parking enforcement i seen the badge on his arm and his car said parking enforcement on the side also !
    Give your head a shake buttercup and go back to school. I'm a parking enforcement officer in Mississauga and we don't wear badges, we keep them in our wallets and all of our cars are unmarked. You were not issued a parking ticket, one was a Provincial Offences Act ticket and the other a Trespass Caution Notice issued to you by City of Mississauga Corporate Security which anybody with a second grade education could read on the face of the notice. I can also guarantee that there are signs posted at ALL city parks stating that they are closed at 11pm but given your obviously poor grasp of basic spelling and grammar you probably couldn't have read them anyhow. I also know that MCS don't typically hand out tickets, in fact they are discouraged from doing so except when they have no other choice. They usually just give warnings and send people on their way unless they are otherwise provoked. I have a feeling that you aren't telling the whole story here. God knows you probably couldn't articulate it even if you were willing to tell us all what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by goforward2008 View Post
    Give your head a shake buttercup and go back to school. I'm a parking enforcement officer in Mississauga and we don't wear badges, we keep them in our wallets and all of our cars are unmarked. You were not issued a parking ticket, one was a Provincial Offences Act ticket and the other a Trespass Caution Notice issued to you by City of Mississauga Corporate Security which anybody with a second grade education could read on the face of the notice. I can also guarantee that there are signs posted at ALL city parks stating that they are closed at 11pm but given your obviously poor grasp of basic spelling and grammar you probably couldn't have read them anyhow. I also know that MCS don't typically hand out tickets, in fact they are discouraged from doing so except when they have no other choice. They usually just give warnings and send people on their way unless they are otherwise provoked. I have a feeling that you aren't telling the whole story here. God knows you probably couldn't articulate it even if you were willing to tell us all what actually happened.
    no wonder parking enforcement employees are hated

You should go back to school and get a better job, buttercup.

I'm a parking enforcement officer in Mississauga and we don't wear badges…
    You're so articulate yet the best you can do is hand out parking tickets? Thanks for dropping by.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    You're so articulate yet the best you can do is hand out parking tickets? Thanks for dropping by.
    and I bet he still makes more money than us. I do have to agree with him on the grammar part. Its painful to read.
    HIS - 2006 CBR 1000RR
    HERS - 2004 CBR 600RR
    Project 2: "Full Electric 6500W Super pocket Bike" Fried conroller, replacment OTW!

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    That's right. You would crap your pants if you knew how much I make and what my benefits are. I probably do better than about 75% of the people on this board. I get a three day weekend twice a month and there is virtually no job stress. Best of all I have ample free time to spend with my family and friends. I got into this line after quitting a very high stress mid-level management job I had for many years and I'm glad I did. I used to hate meter maids like everybody else and have the thousands of dollars in tickets to prove it but now I've converted to the dark side. If you got to do my job for one week, you would understand too. People get ****** because they get tickets but the reality is this: I don't park your vehicles for you and I don't GIVE tickets, you EARN them.

That's right. You would crap your pants if you knew how much I make and what my benefits are. I probably do better than about 75% of the people on this board. I get a three day weekend twice a month and there is virtually no job stress. Best of all I have ample free time to spend with my family and friends. I got into this line after quitting a very high stress mid-level management job I had for many years and I'm glad I did. I used to hate meter maids like everybody else and have the thousands of dollars in tickets to prove it but now I've converted to the dark side. If you got to do my job for one week, you would understand too. People get ****** because they get tickets but the reality is this: I don't park your vehicles for you and I don't GIVE tickets, you EARN them.
    Give my regards to Satan.

Gentlemen, those of you who have been here for a while know what happens when the flaming starts, so I recommend that it stop.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

easiest thing to do is take it to court. If its a scam, you'll know right away. If you got to court, I doubt that a fine of that size for something so stupid will at the very least be reduced.

Kinda sickening though to think that it "could" be a scam

Quote Originally Posted by itinkle View Post
    easiest thing to do is take it to court. If its a scam, you'll know right away. If you got to court, I doubt that a fine of that size for something so stupid will at the very least be reduced.

Kinda sickening though to think that it "could" be a scam
    Dood, what country do you think you live in? They hand out those "trespassing" tickets for fishing now. It's the latest & greatest scam out there, because municipalities can just declare anything & everything as "trespassing".

No, the fines are not reduced. Why should they be when the object is revenue generation.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400