Cycle Paint Worx - abysmal ignorance. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cycle Paint Worx - abysmal ignorance.

RR Rudebwoy

Re: Cycle Paint Worx - abysmal ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGirl View Post
    And once again, you nor I were not there! I saw those pics and to be honest without seeing it in person who are you or I to judge or make any kind of remarks about how poorly it was or was not done? I have seen a good majority of Deano's work...and I have have had many many people sing him praises for it.

My point was simply that there is another side to the story...I'm not making any excuses...just saying that all may not appear to be as one has made it seem!

Also...let's not forget that Dean was not paid either....paint and materials are not free...not to mention what someone's time is worth..so perhaps if he had been paid...no one would be sitting here writing comments and reviews. Just a thought....
    Under normal circumstance, I would agree with your position as pictures most of the time do not provide a proper representation of paint work. In this case though, the flaws are evidently clear.

The fact that he has not been paid is a reflection of the work that has been done and the work that was promised. Again, manage expectations.

Regadless, walking out and not paying or coming to an agreement to re-do the work does not sit right with me. It would be like going to restaurant having dinner and then yelling that the dinner was awful and then walking out without paying.

TL's reputation and work currently displayed on this Board shows that he can do the excellent work.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=68228
    Last edited by STARSHIP; 08-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Regadless, walking out and not paying or coming to an agreement to re-do the work does not sit right with me. It would be like going to restaurant having dinner and then yelling that the dinner was awful and then walking out without paying.

TL's reputation and work currently displayed on this Board shows that he can do the excellent work.

exactly. this is more of a (warning) review of chindian as a consumer,than a review of TLDeano as a painter.
    JUST RIDE IT.

I think the issue here may be that there seems to be two levels of quality depending on what you pay. I dont think I know too many people who would be happy with swirl marks in a new paint job and if thats the expected result of a lower quality paint job then why bother. A factory quality and show quality paint job should not be discernible to the untrained eye. Note that I said untrained eye. I guess I am of the mind that if you aren't going to do something to perfection then why bother. Possibly if there had been some more discussion up front things might have worked out. To me there are only two types of paint jobs, paint it just to sell it, and doing it right.

Sounds like Dean has done some nice work for others so not sure why this happened

I definitely have to give two thumbs up for Dean's work. He just repaired and painted the cowling of my 2003 copper SV650S. I had some road rash on the right hand side which was down to the bare plastic and rounded off at the outer edge. To me, the result is fantastic, I'm so happy to have my baby back to it's original condition. The finish is beautiful and that rounded edge is now undetectable. He even had to have the colour custom mixed to get the proper match for the copper. Plus he was in the middle of a move to a new shop and still got it back to me in a reasonable time. I can't speak to the transaction that occurred between Dean and Chindian...it seems to be an unfortunate outcome...I'm just saying that my experience with Dean was a very positive one and I'd recommend him to anyone.

bad communication = bad transaction. If both parties aren't on the same page from the get go, your bound to have experiences like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sub4 View Post
    exactly. this is more of a (warning) review of chindian as a consumer,than a review of TLDeano as a painter.
    Let's assume you're correct (I'm throwing you a bone here, enjoy it) about your assumption stated above. How your comment translates to me is that you're someone (whom felt compelled to sign his posts with a picture of what is presumably him, performing a stunt, on a scooter, without proper gear) that accepts mediocrity in your life.

One of the great things about life is the ability to choose what is acceptable to you. Just because I've made a choice to accept no less than the best for me, doesn't give you the right to negate my opinion and tarnish my reputation as an individual.
    Previous: 93 CBR600, 97 900RR, 01 F4i, 00 RC51, 03 Jazz, 03 ZX6R, 08 600RR
    Current: 03 RC51

TLDeano, as your "points" that you raised question my character, I must respond.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    --I was warned about having dealings with Chindian from someone I know whos done business with him. To put it nicely, hes impossible.
    Speculation. We are all flawed in our own way but to imply that I am "impossible" based on conjecture is brazenly presumptuous.

--- I never met the guy, and wasnt explained exactly what type of quality he was expecting, even though the part was dropped off to me by a third party to have refinished.
    If at all possible, I ALWAYS meet you and talk to you so I know what you expect.
    --- The parts I recieved were in much worse shape than what I was told, previous repairs,repainted,bondo, etc. I stuck to my word with my quote for a good quality streetbike paintjob.
    ---I requested the tank for a match because the tail butts up to it on an RC. He refused to give me the tank first time around, and you guessed it, it didnt match.
    You're motto is "Ultimate quality refinishing". I wasn't aware you provided anything less. If it is your preference to meet with your clients directly, make this strict policy. Well done on the 'streetbike paintjob' reference, I will keep that in mind the next time I purchase a "streetbike", perhaps there is a factory flawed, inferior quality paint option, should fall right into my paltry budget (another brazen presumption). When you say "much worse shape than I was told" I'm really hoping you mean just the side fairing I provided for a colour match and not the tail. I have the PM with your response to my request for your work which just so happens to outline the details of the damage. Coincidentally it also mentions your request for "another part of the bike", nothing was said about the tank until I spoke to you on the 18th of July, about re-doing the tail.

--- Even though his budget was pawltry, I worked with him the best I could to make the junk he gave me very acceptable. He explained how he'd love to have the tank fixed, but didnt know if he could afford it, and I even told him to pay me later when he could . I dont even know this guy and I offered him credit, this is how far I bent for this guy.
    Once I finally got the tank for second time around on the tail paint, 4 dents on the top of the tank is what I agreed to fix and paint A1, the silver area, for not much more than the cost of materials , decal, and overhead. The rest of tank was not restored, though the lower edge where the tail butts up was slightly blended so the tank and tail had exactly the same color paint on it.
    I'm starting to see a pattern with your choice of words. Diminish, abate, cheapen, retrench. There's no need to play the victim. The tank was given to you, I did my part hoping you would do yours. Despite my request to not alter the red on the tank (to which you agreed), you went ahead and did. Doesn't say much for the expectations you set. In hindsight, you actually met me in person, that being the second time so it would be safe to assume you understood what I expected from you.

--- For a couple hundred dollars each I made unacceptable damaged parts look undamaged and acceptable. Admittedly not show quality, there are minute flaws, but considering the budget worked with and quotes given, I, and others who saw the finished product were impressed, and feel that its very unreasonable to expect flawless show quality useless you ask for it and pay accordingly.
    I must have missed it when you told me the quality would be sub-par, the job would be delayed, and I agreed to it all. You failed to ask and listen to the only person whom should comment on the finished product, the customer.

If this bike is assembled and parked in a parking lot, under a general and reasonable examination I feel you wont know this bike was damaged and repaired, and this is what I consider a good quality repair.
    It took me less than a minute to find all the flaws, you cannot be seriously insulting the intelligence of everyone else reading this.

--- When Chindian got the parts, he closely examined them , picked out a few flaws, yelled at me in public, and drove away with his parts without paying.
    I bent over backwards for this guy and he treated me like dirt. Even if he did pay me I wouldve maybe broken even. Ive done this for a long time but this a new one for me.
    Fine fine, I'm the big bad wolf.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by chindian View Post
    You know that age old heuristic; "If you want something done right, do it yourself.".
    I'm rather confused here,, If you were able to do it yourself why didn't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by chindian View Post
    I've made a choice to accept no less than the best for me,
    If you wanted the best you need to pay for it. $200 doesn't cover much when it comes to paint work anymore.

For many years I did airbrush work on custom bikes. I would get a local paint shop to spray the base coat and clear the tins after. Just doing them would cost much much more than that.

Airbrushing is a bit different in that it could take 10 to 20 hours to do one bike but it was very rare any paint job I did ended up costing less than $1500.. Show Quality Work is Expensive and is a lot different than production refinishing work. There is also a huge difference in material cost as well..

Yelling at someone in public and walking out without resolving the issues or paying and then attacking someones reputation on the internet speaks volumes,, About you...

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post

I've had bad experiences at restaurants and not paid, so what? I won't pay $30 for a burnt steak. I'm not saying I sat there and ate the whole meal and then didnt pay, and I dont think this guy is going to put the parts on his bike as is and not pay. He's going to get them redone, and I'm going to go to a different restaurant and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    I'm rather confused here,, If you were able to do it yourself why didn't you ?
    Time for one, lack of facilities for another.

If you wanted the best you need to pay for it. $200 doesn't cover much when it comes to paint work anymore.
    I did say "best for me". How I interpret that is going to be different from you. Hear me when I say, if I wanted the best work money can buy, even before this fiasco, it wouldn't be CyclePaintWorx.

Yelling at someone in public and walking out without resolving the issues or paying and then attacking someones reputation on the internet speaks volumes,, About you...
    Thank you for being arbitrary

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFZ View Post
    Wow. Why all the attacks on chindian?
    Mainly because Dean's done excellent work for others, and the fact that he depends on this website to advertise his work, Chindian's 'honest' review is very damaging to his reputation. It's obvious that's what he's trying to do though.

If you really really care about the appearance of the bike, 'show quality' etc., you should try to work out a means to make it right with the person you're dealing with. Storming off with your parts, NOT PAYING, and then writing a horrendous review online doesn't really fix your situation with the person you just dealt with.

I would reserve the right to tarnish someone else's excellent reputation and livelihood as a very last resort.
    '05 Z1000

Holly Crap! A lesson learned by many that were on this site in the past is NEVER do any favors or work for anyone on this site.. 98 percent are noobs on this site and have no realistic expectatations or simple reality of what an OEM paint-job is vs a shop-job. Theres a handfull of characters on this site that I would assist any-time but nit-picking, internat-flagging chuckle-heads like in this thread ruin it for alot of others.. For THAT money that Chindian paid, He should be happy that his damaged OEM parts didnt require the $1200.00 for replacement parts.. Did this guy expect a factory finish?????

Lynch mob line forms to the left.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has their own standards. It's obvious there was a lack of communication but to jump all over someone for posting their experiences is base. The review appears to be much more factual than the normal reviews posted on this site AND the author was even upfront about the non-payment issue which would indicate to me he's not trying to hide anything.

The whole purpose of the review section is to give people different view points. Anyone in business knows 100% of the people can't be please 100% of the time, it's the way thing's work. By Chindian posting his experiences it will help possible future customers know what questions to ask to get the quality they're expecting at the very least.

Great for you if you're friends with the person who did the work and great for you if you've received excellent service. If you feel so strongly about the good part of the service perhaps posting your own reviews on the postive would be more beneficial than complaining about someone who had a negative experience.
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chintoe View Post
    bad communication = bad transaction. If both parties aren't on the same page from the get go, your bound to have experiences like this.
    I think this sums up the entire thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Holly Crap! A lesson learned by many that were on this site in the past is NEVER do any favors or work for anyone on this site.. 98 percent are noobs on this site and have no realistic expectatations or simple reality of what an OEM paint-job is vs a shop-job. Theres a handfull of characters on this site that I would assist any-time but nit-picking, internat-flagging chuckle-heads like in this thread ruin it for alot of others.. For THAT money that Chindian paid, He should be happy that his damaged OEM parts didnt require the $1200.00 for replacement parts.. Did this guy expect a factory finish?????
    Took the words out of my mouth, what the hell did you expect for 200 bucks? You get what you pay for, there's no free lunch in this world bud. As someone already said, really think about what you write before trying to ruin someone's livelihood. Nice use of the thesaurus function in word too - who actually uses words like "moxie"?
    My ride: Suzuki GSX-R600

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

A lot on this site are looking for something for nothing.. Look at all the posts complaining about "Stealerships" Advising to try on gear at a local dealer then order it on the internet.

The internet makes it too easy to impune someones reputation anonymously.

The final straw that led me to stop airbrushing bikes was a guy wanted full ghost flames on his Fatboy and a portrait of his wife on the tank in a 40's style pinup pose. I sent him the concept, He approved it all. When he picked up the bike he was thrilled,, Said it was EXACTLY what he wanted and was so happy.. Anyways, he gets home , shows it to his wife, She freaks out on him because she thought it make her look slutty. He call me up and wants it all redone for free. I tell him I can't do that because it was exactly what he wanted, He approved the concept sketches, was happy with the result and it would have to be all sanded down, new base coat, Would take at least 6 hours to do a portrait of just her face.. Trying to keep a customer happy I finally agreed to redo it for just the cost of getting it base coated and cleared.. He agrees to that. Gives me the picture of his wife he wants done. I do It, Picks it up and again it very happy with the portrait, I spent over 5 hours doing it,, It looks exactly like the picture he provided.. Goes Home and shows his wife and she thinks it makes her look old and fat.... Well,, Sorry, But she was old and fat..

Calls me up AGAIN and wants it redone for my cost,, This time I refuse and offer to do Ghost flames to match the rest of the bike because I didn't think anything would have been acceptable to her.. So I do the Ghost Flames Again for Cost,,, He says he's happy and off he goes.

Then he's out there posting all over every Harley oriented forum in the internet how I did crappy work, Ripped him off,, Etc, Etc..

If you ever go to a custom show, Look for a small "JR" on the right sidecover and you can see what kind of work I did.

In total I probably spent 30 hours trying to make a customer happy for nothing,,, After that I was done....Some people are just plain nuts, have unrealistic expectations, Will not, or are unable to resolve a issues in a mature manner and you will NEVER make them happy.

Sorry For the Off Topic Rant....
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 08-13-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Agreed 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
    Whether there are 2 sides to the story or not, the pics are enough to show that it wasn't professionally done.

Why? Why is it that he owes him a better review?

And why is it that because he had his tank fixed and his tail section fixed that chindian should be thankful? Bottom line is that the job was not done properly, are we all expected to be happy with half *** jobs?

Why should my expectations be only met halfway when dealing with any business as a customer? That isn't a way to run a business and I ride with a painter who would never allow something like this to leave his shop. He takes pride in his work and ensures that his customers are happy as well.

I can make alot of money off of the SV-Jockeys on this site....

"Will repare any engine items you may have from rings to bottom-ends, Will also paint your bike at a great price at the same time". Please let me know your expectations after I provide you with the finished goods and reciept....."

Quote Originally Posted by gcrouse View Post
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by GSXStone View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth, what the hell did you expect for 200 bucks? You get what you pay for, there's no free lunch in this world bud. As someone already said, really think about what you write before trying to ruin someone's livelihood. Nice use of the thesaurus function in word too - who actually uses words like "moxie"?
    Do you post without conflict of interest or is it because the "someone" you mention is your brother? If I remember correctly, TLDeano and your brother did a trackday together and "hit it off"? If you or your brother have had positive business dealings with TLDeano, let us know, create your own review, praise his work. There's no need to question me or my expectations.

Pardon me for trying to be concise.