507 report

Thread: 507 report

507 report

I had to cage it up to a wedding in Barry's Bay area, but I made sure I took the 507.. Here's the info on the 3 decent ones I rode through:
    507:
    -3 major gravel patches, one 3.5km in (from the North end) and 2 about 5km in (separated by 50m of asphalt). So far they have been well marked, but be careful.
    -The rest of it was ok (if a bit frayed around the edges and with the occasional crack) all the way down to 36. I'm not sure about the remaining little bit.
    -No popo and cage traffic was light.
    503:
    -There was a decent amount of traffic, but still navigable. No uniformed highway robbers but that road is just a way to hop between the 507 and some more fun roads.
    648 (loop):
    -About the same condition as the 507. No popo, very few cagers.
    CR10:
    -A few rough patches but very rideable, with almost no traffic and some nice twisties.
    This report applies to today and Friday. The conditions could have changed by now.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Banned

Re: 507 report

Rode the 507 this afternoon... Tuesday, August 8th. Everything you have said... still goes... Road has not been repaired... a few turns have some gravel thrown up on the inside of them, and one turn, on Old Buckhorn Road, has a rather large sized debarked tree branch right in the middle, between the two lanes... ZERO 5.0..... If you are heading north on the 507, watch out for the construction Firestart mentioned, it can creep up pretty quick...

Cheers

Quit this nonsense, pick another road to analyze to death. Besides, non of the mentioned items are worth mentioning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Quit this nonsense, pick another road to analyze to death. Besides, non of the mentioned items are worth mentioning.
    WAAA WAAA WA WA WAAAA WAAAA WA WA WAAAAA WA WAAAA WA WAA WAW AWAWAW AWAWWWAAW

Dude, get a life.....

Actually, let them mention these roads. Concentrate all the attention on those roads and those roads only.

Works for me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Actually, let them mention these roads. Concentrate all the attention on those roads and those roads only.

Works for me ...
    + 1

I appreciate the heads up

I'm sorry, but three 50m stretches of gravel on a road that many riders like to take seem worth mentioning to me.. Unless you're into thinning out rider population, ofcourse.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

507 = Most overhyped, overratted, unspectacular, unimpressive road. Ride it a couple times so you can say you did it and be done with it. Unless you live in Gooderham or Buckhorn - FUHGHETTABOUTIT.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I'm sorry, but three 50m stretches of gravel on a road that many riders like to take seem worth mentioning to me.. Unless you're into thinning out rider population, ofcourse.

No kidding, I came into the first one pretty quick, lotsa right brake to get down to a safe speed. Also Traffic was stupid yesterday. There are so many better roads in the area, I just use it as a lead up to.
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

Banned

Actually, Old Buckhorn Road, is a much better ride than the 507.... It's the second portion that takes you right into Haliburton....

Last time on the 507 there was a landscape truck that veered left as I went to pass him, you better watch for that one too. It was an old green truck towing a black trailer.

If you can't go down a road by youself without needing to read on a computer before hand about a section of gravel or a "debarked" piece of branch then you shouldn't be riding. These aren't really obstacles, they are squid filters.

Did you see any African swallows carrying coconuts too?

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    507 = Most overhyped, overratted, unspectacular, unimpressive road. Ride it a couple times so you can say you did it and be done with it. Unless you live in Gooderham or Buckhorn - FUHGHETTABOUTIT.

+ + + 1

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    Amen to that. U will have to be doing at least 180kph and u would not be seeing ahead of u in time for an emergency stop.
    Resident Loudmouth

Maybe to a rider like yourself who rides up and down his street all day. But to others such as myself who have ridden #507 several times in the last two weeks, such information is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    Maybe to a rider like yourself who rides up and down his street all day. But to others such as myself who have ridden #507 several times in the last two weeks, such information is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure he'd reply to your post, but he's at Mosport right now, (Rider's Choice track-day).

Have fun on the 507, LMF!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFZ View Post
    I'm sure he'd reply to your post, but he's at Mosport right now, (Rider's Choice track-day).

Have fun on the 507, LMF!!!
    Yeah, I heard they needed people to serve drinks and clean up after the riders.... And where does that put you????? Right dead smack in front of your computer planning your next route up your street and the next route back.....
    Where I just got back from riding the 507 AGAIN... and it was fab.... enjoy your street....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    Yeah, I heard they needed people to serve drinks and clean up after the riders.... And where does that put you????? Right dead smack in front of your computer planning your next route up your street and the next route back.....
    Where I just got back from riding the 507 AGAIN... and it was fab.... enjoy your street....
    And I bet you did 180kph the whole time....

Hopefully you didn't ride over any fallen branches....they can be deadly.