A letter from Fantino - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A letter from Fantino

Re: A letter from Fantino

t-shirts done 2 sides (2/1)? any amount?

Quote Originally Posted by jebacca View Post
    if anyone's interested, i can get the shirts and stickers done. shirts would be $12 eash and stickers would be $5
    Are the T-s to be printed on both sides?
    Hook me up.

donut

Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    Amen.
    +1 .

My "favorite" line:

- The renewed/reinvigorated OPP-wide efforts to increase our
    effectiveness in reducing the carnage on our highways.

What a meaningless pile of crap! Carnage, what carnage??!!

As for the statistics, here is an example that's been (ab)used before:

- 95% of drug addicts that are using heavy drugs (heroin, crack, etc.) started with marijuana.

- 95% of people that use (or used) marijuana never move to any other drug.

Both statements are true (don't remember the exact figures, but they are close enough). Guess which one is used in "war on drugs". Statistics can be used to support practically any action or policy, as long as you twist them right and apply to gullible and uneducated masses. Like people, like king.
    Last edited by Vlad; 08-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Apparently the people involved think that the safest roads in Canada, if not North America, are rife with vehicular carnage
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks Jim.

Get this out there people.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

did the calculations.....i can do the design in the front and another design whether it be the same as the front or maybe something different for $15 a shirt....or $120 for a dozen.
    with great power comes great responsibilties.

if you guys are interested lemme know....i'm actually starting a business revolving around t-shirts design....
    pm me if interested
    with great power comes great responsibilties.

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out, cuz I admit that to go through all the posts it was starting raise my BP.

But seriously, if "safety" was truly his primary objective, and he cites this contributory following quote:

"- The return to the highly visible black and white patrol cruisers."

then could somebody explain why he has authorized the purchase and use of more friggin GHOST cars in this past year than the last TWO decades combined!

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by camber View Post

Police notice the difference

Police are pleased that people are slowing down, even if the motivating factor is saving money, not personal safety.
    "I'm not going to look a gift car in the radiator," said Sgt. Cam Woolley of the Ontario Provincial Police. "The truth is that people are prepared to risk their lives, but not 20 bucks."
    Woolley said police have noticed a significant decrease in speed on Ontario's highways, with more cars travelling closer to the speed limit. Ontario's stricter speeding rules, and police enforcement of those rules, play a role in the decrease, but gasoline prices are also a major factor, Woolley said.
    He said he hasn't seen speeds this slow since the fuel crisis of the 1970s.
    "I talk to a lot of drivers, and fuel costs are slowing people down," Woolley said.
    A self-described "car guy," Woolley said even he's embraced hypermiling practices by slowing down, taking backroads instead of fast highways, and making sure to properly maintain his car.
    He drives a Ferrari, which people expect to be a gas guzzler, but Woolley manages to get 30 miles per gallon (roughly 7.8 litres per 100 kilometres).

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/...permilers.html

Looks like the OPP might need someone to oversee what they say to the press. Wouldn't want to contradict themselve in under a month.
    I just checked and Woolley gets better mileage than my bike - time for a tune up!
    Last edited by Baggsy; 08-16-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Missing quote

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    I just checked and Woolley gets better mileage than my bike - time for a tune up!
    Sergeant apparently also gets paid better than you (or the rest of us under the rank of CEO / three star general). Forget the tuneup, it's time for a shakeup.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Well the wooley mamoth was getting paid a lot for his acting work on the tv show called Canadas Worst Drivers..... LOL I'm hoping that paid for his car....

But yeah ... I'm thinking my half blind and completely deaf monkey could do a better job of lying to the press about road safety statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    Well the woolley mammoth was getting paid a lot for his acting work on the TV show called Canada's Worst Drivers..... LOL I'm hoping that paid for his car....

Well if thats true, he used the provincial officers uniform to get the job so I think he should have to give half his pay to a provincial charity or maybe even pay for the wrongly accused racer/stunters tow/impound bills