z1 cycletech, $20 for 5 screws - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: z1 cycletech, $20 for 5 screws

Re: z1 cycletech, $20 for 5 screws

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    See.. thats where you lost me...

If you do a complete swap with all hardware, it can look nice. Way cheaper.

Far from ghetto...

But you know what they say about a sucker and his money

You fail to understand that some bolts are not merely cosmetic but actually serve some structural intention for the bike. So if you want to put the 10 cents bolt from home depot holding your brake caliper to your forks and your tank to the frame and go track ridding, thats your choice. You are obviously not a sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupe View Post
    You fail to understand that some bolts are not merely cosmetic but actually serve some structural intention for the bike. So if you want to put the 10 cents bolt from home depot holding your brake caliper to your forks and your tank to the frame and go track ridding, thats your choice. You are obviously not a sucker.
    I fail to understand this??

LMFAO...

Ok buddy.

Psstt... there are different grades of bolts, if the 10c bolt is the same size tread and grade as the $5 one then why not?

Someday I hope to get on the track
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I fail to understand this??

LMFAO...

Ok buddy.

Psstt... there are different grades of bolts, if the 10c bolt is the same size tread and grade as the $5 one then why not?

I am not arguing that I rather pay 10 cents than $4 bucks for equal bolts. The point here, is if you have no idea what grade of steel the bolts are, why would you go buy a bolt for 10 cents. Its not like the bolt from Home depot have heat treat and and steel grade stamped on them.

What choice do you have except to buy used or pay 4 bucks??? Let me know where I can get bolts of equal structural quality to OEM bolts for 10 cents and I'll be the first to line up and laugh at all those other suckers paying $4 bucks.
    Last edited by Nupe; 08-14-2008 at 05:10 PM.

isn't this a moot argument? ten cents or four bucks, end of the day does it really matter considering how much we all spend for bike accessories, gas, insurance, etc.?

personally I rather order the correct bolt from the dealership, go there when it arrives, go home. Running around trying to match up bolts is just too much hassle and a waste of time given the meager savings

Quote Originally Posted by regder View Post
    isn't this a moot argument? ten cents or four bucks, end of the day does it really matter considering how much we all spend for bike accessories, gas, insurance, etc.?

personally I rather order the correct bolt from the dealership, go there when it arrives, go home. Running around trying to match up bolts is just too much hassle and a waste of time given the meager savings

Apparantly its not a moot point, hence this thread and 5+ pages of it. If everyone was as wise as you, we wouldn't be so entertained by these "reviews".

Quote Originally Posted by JitzKing View Post
    2 tank screws, 2 seat screws (mind you, I had a seat screw in but apparently it was not the right size. i even gave him that mis-sized screw), and a windscreen screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupe View Post
    you realize what type of bolts he's talking about?
    do you really thing that a seat screw was structurally tested?
    I guess that OEM grade screw is going to hold the tank down better than a home depot screw

You should first get those training wheels upgraded to OEM trainers...