The plane got me - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The plane got me

Re: The plane got me

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Fair enough. If it was that close I'm sure you could get the reduction. But it's certainly accurate enough to put you in a range and prove that you were speeding within a few kph.

--- D
    true

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    theve have very good cameras, and i have a funny story to confirm it....
    Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahz View Post
    they have planes watching the 401 now? does any one know what section?
    for sure port hope to newcastle LMFAO!
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

The painted lines are 500m apart (in durham).
    So for you to get clocked at 137, means the stopwatch time was 13.1 seconds.

Even if he was off by 0.5 seconds quick, and your actual time was 13.6 seconds, your speed was 132. It's not really any different.

Both are considered major moving violations by the insuruance companies.

Getting clocked at 137 when the average flow of traffic is 130 really sucks man.

Did they mail you the ticket or did they send a cruiser after you to pull you over?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiN View Post
    Did they mail you the ticket or did they send a cruiser after you to pull you over?

The cruiser.

My question is, do they just describe the vehicle, or do they record and provide the plate # to the cruiser?

They maintain visual contact describing to the cruisers your lane position, vehicle description until they are in position behind you... no plate info is required. They fly a circle pattern over the targeted markings on the road. The cruisers are waiting just down the road to pull out and stop you.

In order to make it worthwhile there is usually a number of cruisers cuing up as the plane spots their targets
    Last edited by spankayf; 08-06-2008 at 03:04 PM.

I just realized that the year of the vehicle on my ticket is wrong (08 instead of 06). I wouln't think so, but just in case, does it make a difference?

No. Minor deficiencies in the ticket do not void it. They are corrected in court.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Kerem View Post
    I just realized that the year of the vehicle on my ticket is wrong (08 instead of 06). I wouln't think so, but just in case, does it make a difference?
    thats the sticker year

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    No. Minor deficiencies in the ticket do not void it. They are corrected in court.
    Would an incorrect address be considered a minor deficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Even if he was off by 0.5 seconds quick, and your actual time was 13.6 seconds, your speed was 132. It's not really any different.

Both are considered major moving violations by the insuruance companies.
    Both are considered minor convictions. <49kph is minor. Above 49 is a major.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Would an incorrect address be considered a minor deficiency?
    I suppose that would depend upon how 'incorrect' incorrect was. A number transposition would likely be a hand wave. Same for spelling errors. A completely wrong address could be grounds for saying that it was "some other guy" (but then how did you get the ticket in the first place), or for an additional ticket for not updating your address information in a reasonable time frame (if you moved recently).

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I suppose that would depend upon how 'incorrect' incorrect was. A number transposition would likely be a hand wave. Same for spelling errors. A completely wrong address could be grounds for saying that it was "some other guy" (but then how did you get the ticket in the first place), or for an additional ticket for not updating your address information in a reasonable time frame (if you moved recently).
    I got one for speeding the other day. I gave the officer both pieces of my license, the card and the temp with the new address. He wrote the ticket out with the wrong address (even though I had updated it). Now as I was speeding, I have already paid the ticket (yes I was guilty and have plead as such). I was just wondering though, if that was something that would have been tossed out?

I got one for speeding the other day. I gave the officer both pieces of my license, the card and the temp with the new address. He wrote the ticket out with the wrong address (even though I had updated it). Now as I was speeding, I have already paid the ticket (yes I was guilty and have plead as such). I was just wondering though, if that was something that would have been tossed out?
    Unlikely. The driver's license number on the ticket was correct, I presume? It would have been written off as a minor administrative SNAFU.

Unlikely. The driver's license number on the ticket was correct, I presume? It would have been written off as a minor administrative SNAFU.
    It was. The only error was the address. The charge was for speeding, I was, and so I've paid. It just made a long drive to Sault Ste Marie even longer. lol.

Good on you. I'm a big advocate of fighting the system to challenge unfair laws, unfair enforcement, and real injustice. But I think the whole system would work a lot better if people would man-up and take responsibility for their actions. You want to ride a motorcycle and speed like a big boy? Then act like a big boy when you get the fine. I've been there, it hurts. You learn from it and move on.

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Good on you. I'm a big advocate of fighting the system to challenge unfair laws, unfair enforcement, and real injustice. But I think the whole system would work a lot better if people would man-up and take responsibility for their actions. You want to ride a motorcycle and speed like a big boy? Then act like a big boy when you get the fine. I've been there, it hurts. You learn from it and move on.

--- D
    move on?? which means????

and whats up with taking a responsibility for what ever such and such..

they ll get a ticket no matter what if they were speeding, poping wheelie, split lane what ever they were doin. and if they decided to take it to the ticket fighters they do...

so what is your big responsibilities that you pointing out there.... running away from the cop and getting away???

Quote Originally Posted by izzo View Post
    move on?? which means????

and whats up with taking a responsibility for what ever such and such..

they ll get a ticket no matter what if they were speeding, poping wheelie, split lane what ever they were doin. and if they decided to take it to the ticket fighters they do...

so what is your big responsibilities that you pointing out there.... running away from the cop and getting away???
    In english, please.

--- D

I don't know how people up north live with themselves when they have no cops to let them pay up responsibly.

Common sense was the law of the land, and Darwin the prosecution.

Aside from that, what would a upwards 180 degree 5km range radar system go for? Just mount it on the tail section to watch behind you, scan every 5 seconds or so for planes.