Can anyone do an oil change monday ? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone do an oil change monday ?

Re: Can anyone do an oil change monday ?

Hey
    Instead of braking his balls about doing his own oil changes
    Why doesn't someone do it for him and charge him accordingly?

Some people just don't want to do stuff like this or have the room and as was clearly stated by the OP would rather pay for it to be done

Do we really need 2 pages of post telling him HOW to do it and what tools/equipment he needs?

He doesn't care
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Quote Originally Posted by videosilva View Post
    Hmmmmmm, is it just me or every thing closed today ?
    hmmm is it just me or did you make this thread yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    you dont have a filter

so go to the dealer and buy one for 10 bucks

you dont have oil

so go to wal mart and buy some oil

Hmmmmmm, is it just me or every thing closed today ?
    Hmmmmm is it just me or was he responding to a post you made TODAY

videosilva

Is it just me or did I make that post at near midnight when every thing was closed

The person who mentioned Wal Mart being open today are you sure about that ?

I have the same bike and do mine all the time, I have a torque wrench as well.. If you get the oil and filter I can help you do it.

walmart is open.

i have oil. i have tools.

sure i'l help. pm me

never worked on a gs...should be simple enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    Hey
    Instead of braking his balls about doing his own oil changes
    Why doesn't someone do it for him and charge him accordingly?

Some people just don't want to do stuff like this or have the room and as was clearly stated by the OP would rather pay for it to be done

Do we really need 2 pages of post telling him HOW to do it and what tools/equipment he needs?

He doesn't care
    It's just frustrating, is all. OP seems highly knowledgable in so many areas.

Hmmm, let me see. OP has no tools, no oil, no filter, no interest in obtaining the knowledge to perform the change. Fine.

Sounds like you want to pay someone to do it. No problem, book an appt with a shop. Oh wait, you didn't book it because they're not available to do it on your schedule right. Well it means you didn't think or care enough about your bike to plan far enough ahead.

Instead you'd rather trouble some generous member of this fine board to come to your door and do it all for you on a holiday Monday. The kicker is, this kind soul needs to have ready the right oil, and filter sitting around just for your bike.

Maybe they'll change your diaper and burp you while the oil drains...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoach View Post
    Hmmm, let me see. OP has no tools, no oil, no filter, no interest in obtaining the knowledge to perform the change. Fine.

Sounds like you want to pay someone to do it. No problem, book an appt with a shop. Oh wait, you didn't book it because they're not available to do it on your schedule right. Well it means you didn't think or care enough about your bike to plan far enough ahead.

Instead you'd rather trouble some generous member of this fine board to come to your door and do it all for you on a holiday Monday. The kicker is, this kind soul needs to have ready the right oil, and filter sitting around just for your bike.

+1
    obviously the OP doesn't care about his bike if he waits well over the oil interval but all of a sudden must have it changed on a holiday Monday. If the OP has let it go this long what is waiting another day? Asking someone to change your oil on a holiday is expecting a lot asking them to provide the oil and filter is just unlikely to happen. Wait a day go to a shop and buy oil and a filter then ask. Or pay a shop to do it at about an hours labour plus fluid and filter.

videosilva

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    +1
    obviously the OP doesn't care about his bike if he waits well over the oil interval but all of a sudden must have it changed on a holiday Monday. If the OP has let it go this long what is waiting another day? Asking someone to change your oil on a holiday is expecting a lot asking them to provide the oil and filter is just unlikely to happen. Wait a day go to a shop and buy oil and a filter then ask. Or pay a shop to do it at about an hours labour plus fluid and filter.

Oh, here is my friend e of clouded mind.

1.Monday worked for me.
    2.I never intended for any one to come to my door ( thats your idea not mine )
    3.I was hoping some one had oil and wanted to make a couple of bucks. ( I do realize they would not have a filter ).
    4.I have been to a shop several times but have not been able to get in as they are busy.
    5.I find it silly leaving your bike at a shop for an oil change. Would you leave your car at the dealer for a couple of days for an oil change ???

I use my bike to and from work daily weather permitting. I have ODD hours and I mean odd, 15 plus or minus hour days.

Does that answer all of your questions e of clouded mind ?

P.S Why do I constanly find my self trying to defend my self against you ? This post had nothing to do with you AGAIN ! AGAIN your blur your crap all over.

Did you not have parents ? Did they never tell you if you have nothing good to say don't say any thing at all ?

What ever you problems are in life you need to deal with it.

Dam I thought I was a negative person but you take the cake and eat it too.

Why would some one reply to a question with more questions ? You contributed NOTHING like always. Are you asking the board members these questions or me ?

Can you see through the smoke ?

OH,OH............ OH I ALMOST forgot to mention its NOT ANY OF YOUR ****ING BUSINESS !!!
    Last edited by videosilva; 08-04-2008 at 10:10 PM.

i can help you/do it for you tomorrow evening if ud like. i wont even charge you for your time, just as long as you follow along and learn so maybe you can do it the second or maybe third time. itll save you alot of money in the long run. but yea im willing to help you tomorrow evening, i have to pick up an exhaust system from zdeno in the afternoon to i wont be available until after 6.

Mike

videosilva

My original post was with the intention to pay for his or her time and I would not have it any other way. There is NOTHING free in the world.

The time thing is where I have been getting stuck for the last few weeks. I do not work regular hours I never know when I'm getting home and I only know what time I'm starting the day before.

Ex. I believe I was at the bike shop on Thursday and they said to make an appointment for......... I explained I went to work Wednesday at 7pm it was Thursday and roughly noon when I was talking to him thus making it next to impossible to make an appointment.

I do thank you for you offer and would love to take you up on it and would like to do my own oil changes in the future. I live in the city making it difficult with no driveway and no garage to store tools etc. Finding a hammer is a choir at times.
    Last edited by videosilva; 08-04-2008 at 10:13 PM.

My original post was with the intention to pay for his or her time and I would not have it any other way. There is NOTHING free in the world.

The time thing is where I have been getting stuck for the last few weeks. I do not work regular hours I never know when I'm getting home and I only know what time I'm starting the day before.

Ex. I believe I was at the bike shop on Thursday and they said to make an appointment for......... I explained I went to work Wednesday at 7pm it was Thursday and roughly noon when I was talking to him thus making it next to impossible to make an appointment.

I do thank you for you offer and would love to take you up on it and would like to do my own oil changes in the future. I live in the city making it difficult with no driveway and no garage to store tools etc. Finding a hammer is a choir at times.
    Bud; there is a shop right on Bloor near High Park. Make an appointment. If it takes 3 or 4 days to get in; it's not going to make that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    Bud; there is a shop right on Bloor near High Park. Make an appointment. If it takes 3 or 4 days to get in; it's not going to make that big a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoach View Post

There is a reason he posted here

Members are free to ask for help from other members
    Simple
    Last edited by Hachi-Roku; 08-05-2008 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    There is a reason he posted here

Members are free to ask for help from other members
    Simple
    Buddy; i agree with you on the fact that people can ask help from members; but this whole thing is a little silly. I was trying to help him out by telling him there is a shop in his neighbourhood. He wants someone to go to his house and change his oil for him. I don't know too many mechanics who do house calls!! Crap; my bike hasn't been washed in a week; anyone want to come and wash it while i sit in my Muskoka chair and sip on a cold one and watch?? Come on man!!!

I have no interest in spilling oil all over the interlock
    FYI to everyone.
    GUNK Engine Degreaser takes oil off interlock... takes a little GUNK and a month of rain.. but eventually it really works.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Maybe I should start a while you wait oil change service..

Come ride so nice roads up here, Get your oil changed while you wait........

Package Deal:
    Oil & Filter Change and Chain Adjust and lube Package $100

What does a dealer charge to change oil and filter anyways ?

videosilva

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    Buddy; i agree with you on the fact that people can ask help from members; but this whole thing is a little silly. I was trying to help him out by telling him there is a shop in his neighbourhood. He wants someone to go to his house and change his oil for him. I don't know too many mechanics who do house calls!! Crap; my bike hasn't been washed in a week; anyone want to come and wash it while i sit in my Muskoka chair and sip on a cold one and watch?? Come on man!!!

If you reread my post NO WHERE does it say " that I want some one to come to my house ".

Cyclewrex ?
    Last edited by videosilva; 08-05-2008 at 07:02 PM.

videosilva

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Maybe I should start a while you wait oil change service..

Come ride so nice roads up here, Get your oil changed while you wait........

Package Deal:
    Oil & Filter Change and Chain Adjust and lube Package $100

What does a dealer charge to change oil and filter anyways ?

Hey, Mr.Lube does it. And YES you would do ok with it. I would have no problem paying $100.00 for the oil change and chain adjustment for a drive in...... Going rate in the city is 80 - 90.. tax in give or take.

Thats actually a REALLY good idea $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by videosilva; 08-05-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Hey, Mr.Lube does it. And YES you would do ok with it. I would have no problem paying $100.00 for the oil change and chain adjustment for a drive in...... Going rate in the city is 80 - 90.. tax in give or take.

Thats actually a REALLY good idea $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    There's a market for a $100 oil change and chain adjust? MMmmmmm For another $25 I'll lube your chain.