Can anyone do an oil change monday ? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anyone do an oil change monday ?

Re: Can anyone do an oil change monday ?

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    Buddy; i agree with you on the fact that people can ask help from members; but this whole thing is a little silly. I was trying to help him out by telling him there is a shop in his neighbourhood. He wants someone to go to his house and change his oil for him. I don't know too many mechanics who do house calls!! Crap; my bike hasn't been washed in a week; anyone want to come and wash it while i sit in my Muskoka chair and sip on a cold one and watch?? Come on man!!!
    lol watch what u offer I'll wash it if I get to take it for a spin

Guess to get your oil changed videosilva, you will have to leave your bike with someone or at a shop with your irregular hours.

Quote Originally Posted by graffitigurl View Post

Guess to get your oil changed videosilva, you will have to leave your bike with someone or at a shop with your irregular hours.
    Ok you're on!! But i am waiting for the next long weekend because it should be very convenient for you lol!! By then i will need an oil change too so be ready to get dirty Get your business cards ready and pass one to the Silva DUDE

Quote Originally Posted by videosilva View Post
    If you reread my post NO WHERE does it say " that I want some one to come to my house ".

Cyclewrex ?
    But you are trying to find a shop open on a holiday?? Sorry; i misunderstood!! Then you come on a board and ask people if they can change your oil for you; on a holiday. Too funny

videosilva

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    There's a market for a $100 oil change and chain adjust? MMmmmmm For another $25 I'll lube your chain.
    What are you 3 ?

videosilva

Thats my current predicament its now Wednesday. I went to the bike shop a few minutes ago and they can not get me in **** !

videosilva

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    But you are trying to find a shop open on a holiday?? Sorry; i misunderstood!! Then you come on a board and ask people if they can change your oil for you; on a holiday. Too funny
    What do you find FUNNY about that ?

Thats my current predicament its now Wednesday. I went to the bike shop a few minutes ago and they can not get me in **** !
    Sounds like you will have no option but to learn to do it yourself. Honestly it is really easy and you should have no problem. If your willing to spend $100 on the job you can grab oil and filter (anytime a shop is open) and the tools for CanTire for a lot cheaper than the $100. As long as you don't reef on the bolt till you get a purple face or are the hulk you shouldn't worry about over tightening it. I know its not the answer your looking for but it looks like your only option especially if you can't accomodate those who have offered on their schedules.

videosilva

I may have no choice, If I am unable to get the oil changed in the next few days I will have to do it my self over the weekend. I will just leave the oil filter for another time.
    Last edited by videosilva; 08-06-2008 at 01:05 PM.

I may have no choice, If I am unable to get the oil changed in the next few days I will have to change the oil my self on the weekend. I will just leave the oil filter for another time.
    honestly dude you can google it and there are many step by step instructions with pictures and tips. I know on some bike specific sites they should have pics of your specific bike but its the same process for most common bikes (which yours falls into). Trust me its easier than you think if you just take your time and read up on it. Almost all shops will carry the filter for your bike as its very common. Just stop into Cycle werx (bloor, keele) and pick up one.

hey dude, if you ride out to KW anytime after 5pm i live beside Canadian Tire we can go grab your oil/filter and i will change it for you some nice roads around here worth the ride
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

my question is are you willing to do it in a bikini?? i have a real dirty KTM supermoto if your in for a ride lol j/k

videosilva

I want to thank everyone for your time it was great fully appreciated. I manged to have a shop take care of my bike today
    Last edited by videosilva; 08-06-2008 at 09:35 PM.

I want to thank everyone for your time it was great fully appreciated. I manged to have a shop take care of my bike today
    Thanks for being a good sport and playing along. No hard feelings, right?

Man up and do it yourself!! waa waa i live in toronto and cant change my oil, pffft!

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

He got the oil change done,, Thread Over .