How much insurace do you pay on your Ninja 250 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much insurace do you pay on your Ninja 250

Re: How much insurace do you pay on your Ninja 250

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Sprocket View Post
    25 male M2 first bike '02 Ninja 250 $1260 Dale & Morrow Brokerage assigned me with Javeco Insurance. One time payment, no monthly option, works for me. I like having to pay for the full year because I'm always covered, for those georgeous days in the early months (yeah, above 9 degrees tire and road stickiness yada yada). It'll go down over time with full M + experience.
    Insurance almost pays for itself, now that I don't drink so I can ride lol
    youre getting ripped off huge dude

sky_087

I just got insurance today with State Farm for my 08 Ninja 250. and I am paying 100.11/month for it. They let me do monthly payments which is sweet, all you need is to make first and last month payments with the premiums, and hand them a void cheque. I am a male, 21 yrs old, got my m1 (getting m2 in a month), got my g, been driving insured over 5 years and have a clean record.

21/Male/GM2. I pay $356/year 1m liability. 96 ninja 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanner View Post
    what company?

This seems highly unlikely . . . I would be curious to know the company as well. Perhaps the poster forgot the "1" to make it $1356/yr?

Cheers!

WhyWhyZed

Hey Guys, i'm new to all this. I don't own a bike, or even have an M1 yet, i'm just starting off the research for my future. I was loking at bikes on bike trader, and would get insurance quotes from TD bank, the prices I was getting were $2600 a year. Are these outrageous quotes mainly because its TD Bank?

I tried them because I have my car insurance with them and do have a decent rate in that genre.

BTW, 20 year old male. G license for 18 months or so, 1 speeding ticket, and one not at fault car accident (Damn drunk drivers)

Thanks,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by WhyWhyZed View Post
    Hey Guys, i'm new to all this. I don't own a bike, or even have an M1 yet, i'm just starting off the research for my future. I was loking at bikes on bike trader, and would get insurance quotes from TD bank, the prices I was getting were $2600 a year. Are these outrageous quotes mainly because its TD Bank?

I tried them because I have my car insurance with them and do have a decent rate in that genre.

BTW, 20 year old male. G license for 18 months or so, 1 speeding ticket, and one not at fault car accident (Damn drunk drivers)

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason,

This is a bit of a thread hijack . . . start your own thread and we can answer there (and provide more details on which bike you are quoting with).

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    This seems highly unlikely . . . I would be curious to know the company as well. Perhaps the poster forgot the "1" to make it $1356/yr?

Cheers!
    Sorry for the extremely late reply guys, but I do only pay $356 a year. I'm insured with Pilot Insurance through my parents' broker. I suspect the only reason they're insuring me is because my family has 3 trucks, a house, and a business insured under them. As well, they will only insure me if I have a clean record. My broker said they would not renew if I had any infractions; makes me drive cautiously.

Also, this is only 1 million liability with no fire, theft, or collision.

Sorry for the extremely late reply guys, but I do only pay $356 a year. I'm insured with Pilot Insurance through my parents' broker. I suspect the only reason they're insuring me is because my family has 3 trucks, a house, and a business insured under them. As well, they will only insure me if I have a clean record. My broker said they would not renew if I had any infractions; makes me drive cautiously.

Also, this is only 1 million liability with no fire, theft, or collision.
    I guess this is reasonable seeing as you are at minimum coverage and you are also getting a multi-vehicle and multi-line discount and maybe even a renewal discount due to being on your parents' policy.

Just FYI, Pilot can't give you a "special deal" just because your parents are loyal customers; however, you may qualify for discounts if you are a part of their policy. The insurance company always has to determine your rate according to their rating manual.

Cheers!

03 Ninja 250 : Full coverage - $300 ded Comp, $500 ded Collison, $1 mill liability. Female, 33, GM2, clean driving record, condo and car with State Farm also. $472.87 /yr after 2 yrs riding

So many factors affect the premium - the postal code you live in can affect it so you just have to get a few quotes.

Speaking to people, State Farm has been hard to beat because they underwrite bikes based on cc, not replacement cost of bike or type.

Steve Worden in Whitby is great!! 3455 Garrard Rd, South of Thickson 905.433.3700. Tell him "Chewy" sent you.

If in Scarberia, call Ashwin Vaidya - great guy. Located at Morningside and Sheppard 416.282.2221.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    So many factors affect the premium - the postal code you live in can affect it so you just have to get a few quotes.
    This is very true . . . there are many factors and your Postal Code can be one of them. Not all companies use Postal Code for Motorcycles and Miscellaneous Vehicles, but some do.

Cheers!