Canada's Illegal War

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada's Illegal War

Canada's Illegal War

It seems Canada is just the US's lapdog after all..

For those in Afghanistan, you are participating in an illegal war after all..

http://www.truthout.org/article/end-...nd-afghanistan
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Re: Canada's Illegal War

And how does this impact me at all?

videosilva ... is that you?

The Germans supported their troops as well...
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Argyle View Post
    It seems Canada is just the US's lapdog after all..

For those in Afghanistan, you are participating in an illegal war after all..

http://www.truthout.org/article/end-...nd-afghanistan
    Not getting involved...... not getting involved.....not getting involved....................................

Duh, wouldnt you?

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Not getting involved...... not getting involved.....not getting involved....................................
    LOL.

Just do it!

Resolutions 1368 and 1373 condemned the 9/11 attacks and ordered the freezing of assets; the criminalizing of terrorist activity; the prevention of the commission of and support for terrorist attacks; the taking of necessary steps to prevent the commission of terrorist activity, including the sharing of information; and urged ratification and enforcement of the international conventions against terrorism.

ok, so you can't use force without a SC resolution. the resolution THEY quoted authorized the prevention of the commission of and support for terrorist attacks. Since the whole point of the attack on Afghanistan was meant to take out Al Qaeda (a terrorist group) and the people supporting them (the Taliban), it sounds perfectly legal to me

as for

Afghanistan did not attack the United States. In fact, 15 of the 19 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia
    the place of birth of the attackers was irrelevant. the attacks were planned in Afghanistan with the support of the ruling Taliban
    Last edited by Andrew978; 07-30-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Andrew - Scarberia

Why not?

You do realize that not agreeing with the Afghan war in no way means that you do not respect the men and woman in uniform right...?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Why not?

You do realize that not agreeing with the Afghan war in no way means that you do not respect the men and woman in uniform right...?
    No no, I agree with the war, hence why my name is in to go. I just don't want to get involved with the argument here. I have said my piece about this too much.

No no, I agree with the war, hence why my name is in to go. I just don't want to get involved with the argument here. I have said my piece about this too much.
    you can never agree with any war.
    read some vidal gore.
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    read some vidal gore.
    Well said SiNNeR...

- Thomas Jefferson

Ok ok, I agree with most of the war's agendas. The thing I wish people would see more of is what the soldiers are really doing. Don't believe everything the politicians say about why we are there and what we are doing because it's so obscure. Most of them are not witnessing it first hand. From the stories I have heard from the actual troops doing the dirty work and the evidence they show me, I have seen all the proof I need to justify myself in going.

Read "On Combat"
    Building a few schools does not justify being an occupying force. If Canada were 'occupied' because some Canadians did some acts in other countries, would you not try to repel them..?

I would, expeicially if my wife and children were killed at a car check point because they failed to stop or any other reason.

- Thomas Jefferson

"Rome... at its most decadent, had never thought of hiring an actor to go through the motions of being an emperor while the Praetorian Guard ruled."

my name is in to go.
    before this thread gets outta hand, it doesn't get said enough....Thank You.

Andrew - Scarberia

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    read some vidal gore.
    anything in particular you recommend? essays or novels? trying to find a sample online now...

I said I wasn't getting involved. And "building a few schools" is a shallow comment that I don't really appreciate.

But on that shooting comment. This is what I mean. Civilians are not educated enough in how we conduct our procedures. It's a battle I don't think we'll ever win. In the end people will either support the war or they wont but I don't think you can change a person's mind once they have decided where they stand.
    how about changing a Cultures social consious via weapons?
    you seem to thing there is a better chance of that...

the only chance there is a FAT chance.

SteveT

Please remember we have this hard to miss object

Says the guy quoting Adolf Hitler in his sig.

Seriously though, casus belli did exist for the invasion of Afghanistan. The problem is that the occupation in its current is no longer a military matter, IMO. You can't win the hearts and minds of the local populace when you're proverbially holding a gun to their collective head.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew978 View Post
    before this thread gets outta hand, it doesn't get said enough....Thank You.
    Appreciate it bud but I don't deserve it. The guys over there are the real ones who should be hearing it. I am just all talk until I actually go.