Can they check for documents at a RIDE - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can they check for documents at a RIDE

Re: Can they check for documents at a RIDE

now, while I think the US prosecution of Emery is BS, technically his arrest was done by Canadian authorities at request of American LEO's.

Andrew - Scarberia

I find turning the interior light on, keeping your hands on the steering wheel, and making visual eye contact with the officer, as well as being polite usually makes for a very smooth RIDE experience. I have yet to encounter an officer with an attitude, they get to chill out with other officers and make contact with the general public who otherwise only hear negative stories about them.

I mean, those ******** are only trying to make sure that some drunk doesn't kill you or someone you care about...how dare they....

I ended up at ride on my bike once, officer asked me to pull over and asked for my license if I had one..... and papers, I was very polite and cooperative, as he walked past my bike to head back to his car to run my shiat, he saw my plate was mounted up high under the tail light in plain sight. He made a comment about how I'm one of the few people that knows where they belong and handed me my papers back without running them. Oh ya, I didn't even have to take off my helmet throughout the whole ordeal either haha

Review:

1) Put the officer at ease, he doesn't know if you're a choir boy on the way from helping out at the senior center or someone who just popped 3 guys in a drug deal gone bad (Interior light, visible hands, eye contact)

2) BE POLITE
    3) BE POLITE

and lastly,

4) Tell him to have a good night

In the end, RIDE is either as good as you want it to be, or as bad as you make it. Either way, you're going through it

I guess it all depends on the cop, I remember once me and my friends got stuck going through ride and a guy in the back didn't have his seatbelt on. The officer asked if he had his seatbelt even though he knew he didn't. My friend responded by saying "NO" rather rudely to all of our surprise. haha We thought the cop was gonna lay it on him but all he said was, well do you mind putting it on please, it's the law. haha I wonder what would happen if he didn't. Either way he was pretty good about it and told us to have a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    So that guy who's been caught DUI 8 times has the right to drive still?
    or that person who took out the biker because he's a Careless driver?

Since its a Right, lets just give a blind guy a license...
    I agree that driving is a privilege, but you are just being stupid with your statement about the blind guy.
    If you want to make any impact with your argument, make it a reasonable one.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

sorry to go off track, but someone mentioned that they have the right to pull u over and ask for papers, and that is true, but when are they actually allowed to search the vehicle. any references.
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

From what I understand, they are allowed to pull you over and check papers whenever they want. They are allowed to search the vehicle if they have reasonable grounds.
    eg. They get a call that you're waving a gun around in traffic on the 401. They can pull you over to search for the weapon without your consent, even if the officers didn't actually see you waving it around.
    Or if they smell pot, I think they can search the vehicle for drugs.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Search vehicle if you are arrested.

Search vehicle if reasonable grounds of LLA offence.

Search vehicle under exigent circumstances.

Search vehicle under authority of search warrant.

Search vehicle with consent.

Search vehicle if being towed and impounded.

driving is a priviledge i dun eva remember sighning a book of rights and all b4 getting my liscence !
    † LIVE FOR THE MOMENT †