2 tickets one offense WTF - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2 tickets one offense WTF

Re: 2 tickets one offense WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lazy View Post
    Well, I understand you don't think too highly of the police these days, but suggesting somebody should be fired because he let his emotions run away is about as far off the deep end as seizing somebodies car for speeding.

It's too bad that happened, but I think your wife saw first hand the frustration of trying to catch a real bad guy when the only ones following the rules are the good guys (yeah, I know, they're aren't good guys to you..) Does that make the guy they caught a good guy? Just askin'...

And for the record, I think she did the right thing.

That was a shoot the messenger rant by the cop. I'm sure he sometimes encounters people who are willing to break the rules for the assist. This wasn't one, and he was ******. If you weren't so offside with trying to see some cop get thrown on the sword I'd hope your wife would give you the name too. But let's face it. You're pretty much a fanatic now. Thankfully she understands that, as that cop may have put countless guys who would gladly hurt your or my families in jail. But he made a VERBAL mistake and you think he should lose his job. He did something wrong. Absolutley. He berated your wife like an ***. And he owes her an apology. But he doesn't deserve to lose his job.

Rob, I have no idea what the "48 hours" thing was. Officers are trained and then the government designates them. It lasts as long as they need it. Many? Almost any officer who does undercover work is required to have the designation. Same goes for drugs, surveillance, and plenty of specialty units you don't know exist...
    Is it wrong to want to give good cops all the support possible, but also want to smite the bad? His error was in asking someone to break the law for him. He compounded it by going on an emotional tirade. Perhaps that doesn't warrant cashiering, but it certainly warrants censure.

The "48 hours" was right out of your link to the text of the law.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Is it wrong to want to give good cops all the support possible, but also want to smite the bad? His error was in asking someone to break the law for him. He compounded it by going on an emotional tirade. Perhaps that doesn't warrant cashiering, but it certainly warrants censure.
    No, but it's wrong to scream bloody murder when you're dealing with a scratch to the elbow. Was it a law she would be breaking, or a company policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    The "48 hours" was right out of your link to the text of the law.

Sorry, missed that. That's an emergency thing. Say you came to the police with info about a big drug deal and were willing to go into it. They could counsel you to commit the crimes inherent with purchasing drugs, carrying a weapon, whatever was needed for the deal to go, and you would be exempt from charge. In 48 hours, you're a regular guy again. Just one example from the top of my head...
    People who do things badly are usually supremely confident of their abilities -- more confident, in fact, than people who do things well.

Was it a law she would be breaking, or a company policy?
    Not sure what sector she works in, but many are covered.

http://www.fmc-law.com/upload/en/pub...nformation.pdf

http://www.privcom.gc.ca/fs-fi/02_05_d_18_e.asp

Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
    Personal information must be used or disclosed only for the purposes for which it was collected, except with the individual's consent or as required by law.
    Requirements:
    - do not use or disclose the personal information for other purposes, unless you receive consent or this has been required by law
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Well, I understand you don't think too highly of the police these days, but suggesting somebody should be fired because he let his emotions run away is about as far off the deep end as seizing somebodies car for speeding.

fair enough....

It's too bad that happened, but I think your wife saw first hand the frustration of trying to catch a real bad guy when the only ones following the rules are the good guys (yeah, I know, they're aren't good guys to you..) Does that make the guy they caught a good guy? Just askin'...

nope...the guy they caught was a ******...wife woulda gladly given the info if she could have legally...she just didn't want legal trouble

And for the record, I think she did the right thing.

That was a shoot the messenger rant by the cop. I'm sure he sometimes encounters people who are willing to break the rules for the assist. This wasn't one, and he was ******.

If you weren't so offside with trying to see some cop get thrown on the sword I'd hope your wife would give you the name too.

inaccurate....don't care if he made a living as a circus clown.....but the fact that it was a cop acting like that made it worse because of all folks he should know better

But let's face it. You're pretty much a fanatic now. Thankfully she understands that, as that cop may have put countless guys who would gladly hurt your or my families in jail. But he made a VERBAL mistake and you think he should lose his job. He did something wrong. Absolutley. He berated your wife like an ***. And he owes her an apology. But he doesn't deserve to lose his job.
    let's not forget the effect that cop's actions have had on my wife....I think we have another fanatic in the making....

that was pretty much her first ever face-to-face interaction with the Police, and as you might imagine a very lasting impression...

and I didn't even have to tell her "I told ya so"

Update, Paraleagal made a deal for careless to be dropped and he was charged with unsafe lane change.? All in all $1000 later hopefully the kid has learned a lesson. Although the police were alittle overzealous and profiled him he failed the attitude test. If he had been laid back and cooperated he would have had $1000 in his pocket. Thanks for your support in previous posts and hopefully everyone has a safe and trouble free riding season. have fun out there!!! Enjoy the early spring.