2 tickets one offense WTF - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 tickets one offense WTF

Re: 2 tickets one offense WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    Yaaa, because the secret internet police are watching!!!!

The one good thing about the truth is that it never changes.
    It only get's twisted in a manner that can get an innocent man convicted.

I'd love it if TRUTH in trials was absolute. Heck I'd be all for the death penalty if that were true. Also, it would be nice if Canadian police forces used more Video evidence too. Internet or not... whatever - answer this:

What good can possibly result for him if he talks about the details of what happened, on here?

Waiting.... waiting.... waiting.....
    Answer -> NOTHING

True?

All he had to say was his some was charged with XYZ and was given one ticket then another ticket for the same thing because there was incorrect info in the first ticket. He also believes his some was treated inappropriately and is considering a formal complaint. "What should I do?"

As far as fine details it will really not help him much will it?
    Last edited by Metastable; 07-28-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks guys....

For the record he didn't want to be handcuffed. when he resisted they got rough.
    He's never had problems with police. ( wanted to be one ) Clean driving record
    So you're at work, minimum wage...and a drive off takes 80% of your wages for the evening. Would you appear to be ****** off? This took 3 cops. 2 to manhandle him and
    one to mimick and laugh at him. Funny thing he had no name tag one. In Ottawa they wear name tags. Enough said about this, thanks for your support. I'll let you know how he makes out with the charge.

Sorry your son has learned how the police misuse their power by getting roughed up for following someone who stole gas. Crime is becoming more legal because their is bigger fish to fry, like traffic violations. Cops only babysit the HTA now, they don't really do crime anymore.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa_chris View Post
    Sorry your son has learned how the police misuse their power by getting roughed up for following someone who stole gas. Crime is becoming more legal because their is bigger fish to fry, like traffic violations. Cops only babysit the HTA now, they don't really do crime anymore.
    Given that crime is down yet again in and around Toronto, that's a rather disingenuous statement. Traffic division handles HTA and parking infractions. They aren't the only cops on the force.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Wow from whats been said, sounds like your son got the short end of the stick! One fuzzy detail though, he was parked at the side of the road behind the woman, cops come up and charge him with careless? If a vehicle is parked or idling, can you get charged with careless?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    It only get's twisted in a manner that can get an innocent man convicted.

I'd love it if TRUTH in trials was absolute. Heck I'd be all for the death penalty if that were true. Also, it would be nice if Canadian police forces used more Video evidence too. Internet or not... whatever - answer this:

What good can possibly result for him if he talks about the details of what happened, on here?

Waiting.... waiting.... waiting.....
    Answer -> NOTHING

True?

All he had to say was his some was charged with XYZ and was given one ticket then another ticket for the same thing because there was incorrect info in the first ticket. He also believes his some was treated inappropriately and is considering a formal complaint. "What should I do?"

As far as fine details it will really not help him much will it?
    Two things at play here. One is the charge itself. It was likely laid as a result of what the woman has said. As far as 2 offence notices, that does not matter. He has been told to ignore the first one and served another. Beating this charge is easy. With a bit of education and coaching, anyone could beat this without paying for a lawyer.

The other is the complaint, doesn't sound like it will go anywhere. Flight admits he's son resisted by the sounds of it. He's lucky he doesn't have a Criminal Code charge as well possibly. Definitely worth going in and talking to a supervisor though in the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by eightyeightfifty View Post
    Wow from whats been said, sounds like your son got the short end of the stick! One fuzzy detail though, he was parked at the side of the road behind the woman, cops come up and charge him with careless? If a vehicle is parked or idling, can you get charged with careless?
    Yes, you do not have to be caught driving to be charged with careless. Think about motor vehicle collisions.

You can based on a statement from somebody saying you drove carelessly. She probably said she tried to lose him and he ran a red trying to follow her or something.

I am sorry to tell you but when the OPP (who we have) are dealing with kids they will lie and do as they please because it is a lone minor.

I have had several run ins with staff sergents. It has gotten to the point that my kids are told to give police name and address only and to not speak to them. A police officer will not enter my house without a warrant.

I used to give the police the benefit of the doubt but because of personal experiences I have completely changed my outlook. I am not saying that they are bad people but on a professional level I do not trust them.

As unusual as this may sound, I find it a little reassuring that more and more 'older' adults are seeing and witnessing the same things that some of us younger folk are.

Again, it's a very small percentage of police who are committing acts like this but it is a big problem.

I can't believe the cops wouldn't clue in when they seen SUNOCO and your son claiming that he works there. Couldn't one of them just take him back and have a look at the footage to see if he's telling the truth??
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

He should also file a criminal complaint against the twat (used to describe her personally, not as a gender-based derrogatory term.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    As unusual as this may sound, I find it a little reassuring that more and more 'older' adults are seeing and witnessing the same things that some of us younger folk are.

Again, it's a very small percentage of police who are committing acts like this but it is a big problem.

I can't believe the cops wouldn't clue in when they seen SUNOCO and your son claiming that he works there. Couldn't one of them just take him back and have a look at the footage to see if he's telling the truth??
    The video camera has really done in the police reputation in modern society. Think of what they used to get away with. Anybody catch the video on the cop body checking a cyclist to the ground on The Stars website... how many people are going to view that little piece of brutality.

The profession is really taking it on the chin in North America

Quote Originally Posted by phucyall View Post
    You can based on a statement from somebody saying you drove carelessly. She probably said she tried to lose him and he ran a red trying to follow her or something.
    Couldn't he turn it on her? First she STOLE a tank of fuel, then she SPED away. It's like if you were going to the hospital with your prego wife who is about deliver and a cop catches you for speeding, he would be a pr**k to charge you...

Excellent point! The good thing is a guy came in the station tuesday and asked if he paid for the gas. He was in line when it happened. Saw him drive away, washin his sight for
    70% of trip. gave the kid his name and phone number and said he would help.

On another note his coworker stated "no you know what's it like to drive around Ottawa as a black man". **** happens to him all the time

His boss call OPS on monday. Asked for them to charge the woman with theft. There answer? We can't talk about this situation, Good bye

Have you gone to the media with the gas station footage and your son's story?

That could stir up something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by camber View Post
    Have you gone to the media with the gas station footage and your son's story?

That could stir up something interesting.
    +100....
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by flightzed View Post
    His boss call OPS on monday. Asked for them to charge the woman with theft. There answer? We can't talk about this situation, Good bye
    Take it to the media.

Yes, I would be pushing for a theft complaint to be taken.

Call the OPS back and ask for someone with some rank, over and above the officer in charge, an inspector maybe.

Regardless of anything else, if there was a theft, they have to take the complaint.

Having this complaint on file could help your son's defence.

Quote Originally Posted by flightzed View Post
    Lady gets gas leaves without paying. He gets in his friends car and follows the woman. He calls 911 to report gas theft. She's calling 911 saying this guy is following her. She stops her car as police arrivemy kid stops the car. Stay in his car as he didn't want to intimadate the woman. He is wearing a f#%king Sunoco shirt. His boss wanted the $55 today off his pay. End of story. BTW cops did not get lady to pay for gas...sent her home so they could have their fun
    I'm just this side of certain that it is illegal for the gas station owner to attempt and extract money from your son for the gas n' dash. Theft is part of the cost of doing business and at $8/hr, it would only take one ****** in an SUV to make him work for free for that day? Ridiculous.

If he tries that again, get a consultation or find a lawyer friend to get the specifics.

Actually, I think this part of the Employment Standards Act applies: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_00e41_e.htm#BK14

(3) An employer may withhold or make a deduction from an employee’s wages or cause the employee to return them with the employee’s written authorization. 2000, c. 41, s. 13 (3).

(5) Subsection (3) does not apply if

(b) the employee’s wages were withheld, deducted or required to be returned,
    (i) because of faulty work,
    (ii) because the employer had a cash shortage, lost property or had property stolen and a person other than the employee had access to the cash or property, or

Essentially the gas n' dash is a person other than the employee (your son) who had access to the property (the gas). He can't have wages deducted for the theft.
    Last edited by matt1256; 07-30-2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: quoting the act