2 tickets one offense WTF

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 tickets one offense WTF

2 tickets one offense WTF

Last night my kid in Ottawa got charged with careless driving. Long story of police brutality and such butwhen he got home he calls the police station and talks to duty sgt. He wants to file a complaint and is told how to do it.This is at 1am. At 3am Ottawa's finest pull up to his house. He is still up and goes out to see what's up. The cop asks for the ticket back because he made a mistake and gives him a new one. He insists that my son gives him the old ticket back. Luckily my kid was smart enough to tell him to get off his property. Anyways he has 2 tickets now for the same offense. The officer had the wrong date and time on the original. He has contacted crown attorney and has a meeting in Sept to talk about it. Any thoughts on best way to fight this if we need to? I've always given cops benifit of the doubt when I heard of police brutality on the news, but when it happens to a family member I've changed my views.

Re: 2 tickets one offense WTF

Police Brutality? Did the officer lay hands on your kid?
    Support your local rehab and hope you never need it.

IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI

This should be good...

Where do we start......hand cuffed him, threw him against the car, threw to the ground, knees in his back, stuffed him into squad car ( he's 6'7" 250 lbs, didn't fit) stuffed his money that they had taken from him in the search and put it in his mouth. Searched the car he was driving. The cell phone in the car rang a few times and they inferred he must me a drug dealer to getting that many calls. His friend was wondering where he was.
    I'd love to go after them for all this but it would be waste of time. Cops lie and without video you've got nothing. I just don't want the charge to stick. BTW th car he was driving was stopped when they arrived. The did not see him drive.

THe weird thing is he was wearing his work unifrom, clean cut kid driving a 4 door Impala.
    I look worse than him most days

Since it's a charge of careless, tell him to get a lawyer and fight it.
    Support your local rehab and hope you never need it.

get an attornety for this seriously.

I went up against myself against a police officer on a minor charge about the HOV lanes dispute. the judge said this to me

"since you can not provide the evidence or any claim against officer, therefore you are found guilty!" ....

seriously, get a lawyer unless you know how to work with the system, don't fight it. work with it.
    2004 Ninja "Silver Avenger" EX500R - 79,000km - FOR SALE

IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI

Quote Originally Posted by flightzed View Post
    Last night my kid in Ottawa got charged with careless driving. Long story of police brutality and such butwhen he got home he calls the police station and talks to duty sgt. He wants to file a complaint and is told how to do it.This is at 1am. At 3am Ottawa's finest pull up to his house. He is still up and goes out to see what's up. The cop asks for the ticket back because he made a mistake and gives him a new one. He insists that my son gives him the old ticket back. Luckily my kid was smart enough to tell him to get off his property. Anyways he has 2 tickets now for the same offense. The officer had the wrong date and time on the original. He has contacted crown attorney and has a meeting in Sept to talk about it. Any thoughts on best way to fight this if we need to? I've always given cops benifit of the doubt when I heard of police brutality on the news, but when it happens to a family member I've changed my views.
    Get a lawyer to deal with this. Might cost you a little but its your best bet.

Thanks I might even have lawyer go for "pretial meeting"he set up today with crown.
    In Ottawa they do not seem to have JP you can go to to get charges like this dropped.
    Here in Belleville they offer this.

And your son did absolutely nothing to provoke the cops? He was 100% cooperative?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I've always given cops benifit of the doubt when I heard of police brutality on the news, but when it happens to a family member I've changed my views.

Have you signed the petition on bill 203?

Yes I've signed it. They threatened stunting a 1st but said they had to charge him with something so it was careless. Yes he was cooperative untill the cuffs came out.
    Long story short. He works at a gas station. Lady gets gas leaves without paying. He gets in his friends car and follows the woman. He calls 911 to report gas theft. She's calling 911 saying this guy is following her. She stops her car as police arrivemy kid stops the car. Stay in his car as he didn't want to intimadate the woman. He is wearing a f#%king Sunoco shirt. His boss wanted the $55 today off his pay. End of story.
    BTW cops did not get lady to pay for gas...sent her home so they could have their fun

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    And your son did absolutely nothing to provoke the cops? He was 100% cooperative?
    Off course he was 100% cooperative!!! They always are.

Seriously though Dad, I wasn't there, but I have seen it a thousand times where even the best kid in the world doesn't tell mom and dad the whole story.

As far as the 2 tickets, don't worry about it. The one likely won't even get filed and if it does, the JP and or the crown will quash it.

Follow the proper complaint procedure if that is what you choose to do. Believe it or not, it does work. Don't let emotion get involved.

Yes I've signed it. They threatened stunting a 1st but said they had to charge him with something so it was careless. Yes he was cooperative untill the cuffs came out.
    Long story short. He works at a gas station. Lady gets gas leaves without paying. He gets in his friends car and follows the woman. He calls 911 to report gas theft. She's calling 911 saying this guy is following her. She stops her car as police arrivemy kid stops the car. Stay in his car as he didn't want to intimadate the woman. He is wearing a f#%king Sunoco shirt. His boss wanted the $55 today off his pay. End of story.
    BTW cops did not get lady to pay for gas...sent her home so they could have their fun
    Well I am not sure why they charged him with careless, but you said a lot with your third sentence above.

Careless is an arrestable charge. If he became uncooperative until the cuffs came out, well..............

Where do we start......hand cuffed him, threw him against the car, threw to the ground, knees in his back, stuffed him into squad car ( he's 6'7" 250 lbs, didn't fit) stuffed his money that they had taken from him in the search and put it in his mouth. Searched the car he was driving. The cell phone in the car rang a few times and they inferred he must me a drug dealer to getting that many calls. His friend was wondering where he was.
    I'd love to go after them for all this but it would be waste of time. Cops lie and without video you've got nothing. I just don't want the charge to stick. BTW th car he was driving was stopped when they arrived. The did not see him drive.
    They probably are using the woman's evidence as far as the charge goes. Should be easy to beat.

Only thing that sounds wrong, based on everything you have written, is that they put his money in his mouth.

He was polite untill the cuffs came out. And yes he told me what he said to them. He as hoest about that. I've never told a cop to F%$k himself and probably never will. But he said this after they finally took the cuffs off and had charged him.

For one the cop had no right to ask for the ticket back. The ticket is your sons, end of story. Whether or not it gets filed is a different story. Keep it and work with a lawyer... I wouldn't post too many details here.

If he called 911 and she called 911, they should have all that on record. Try to make sure the calls don't go ... missing. If you think the police went over the line, I'd file a complaint too.

Lawyer lawyer lawyer.... I wouldn't even waste time with a paralegal on this one. I'd also ask for disclosure once you get the court date... I'd ask for it for both tickets, just to be safe.

He was polite untill the cuffs came out. And yes he told me what he said to them. He as hoest about that. I've never told a cop to F%$k himself and probably never will. But he said this after they finally took the cuffs off and had charged him.
    The big question is, what did he do when the cuffs came out???

Flight - I'd just stop talking.

Yaaa, because the secret internet police are watching!!!!

The one good thing about the truth is that it never changes.