More Tazer Fun

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Tazer Fun

More Tazer Fun

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

Did he have a knife or didn't he? easy question... why all the secrecy?

Re: More Tazer Fun

I would still rather be hit with a tazer or a 9mm for 40cal.
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHogg View Post
    I would still rather be hit with a tazer or a 9mm for 40cal.
    I don't think that is the issue in many of these cases. How did cops ever get by before tasers? was every suspect just shot? It seems to often to be the option between being tased or being talked down and dealt with. I support use in situations where there is a clear danger to the officer but why does it always seem that the police can't get their story straight or the facts of the incident are muddy and unclear. Before deploying a non-lethal device with a possible lethal outcome the facts should never be muddy.

And - why do they always have to feed the "....we have to figure out if the taser had anything to do with the death......" come on.... it's not like using a fly swatter.

"Witnesses said they saw officers and paramedics pounding on the chest of a man who was lying motionless in an alley. They also administered electric shocks in an effort to revive him."

Oh the irony, or maybe it was merely circumstantial.

Perhaps the deceased was a SCUMBAG and DESERVED IT, or the cops were just A FEW BAD APPLES. What do these articles prove, really? Arming anybody with weapons will eventually end up with said weapons being used? Sheesh.

P.S. I am only responding to prevent the internet from sinking.
    Last edited by Flywheel; 07-22-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    I don't think that is the issue in many of these cases. How did cops ever get by before tasers? was every suspect just shot? It seems to often to be the option between being tased or being talked down and dealt with. I support use in situations where there is a clear danger to the officer but why does it always seem that the police can't get their story straight or the facts of the incident are muddy and unclear. Before deploying a non-lethal device with a possible lethal outcome the facts should never be muddy.

How did they get by? there were usually four or five cops with batons that gave the royal smack down.
    99 R1, SS Swing Arm, Mag rims, wolf undertail exaust... and more toys not going to mention.
    02 Gsxr 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    "Witnesses said they saw officers and paramedics pounding on the chest of a man who was lying motionless in an alley. They also administered electric shocks in an effort to revive him."

Oh the irony, or maybe it was merely circumstantial.

Perhaps the deceased was a SCUMBAG and DESERVED IT, or the cops were just A FEW BAD APPLES. What do these articles prove, really? Arming anybody with weapons will eventually end up with said weapons being used? Sheesh.

P.S. I am only responding to prevent the internet from sinking.
    Odd are... scumbag that was known to the police... thats what I would put my cash on
    02 Gsxr 1000

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHogg View Post
    Odd are... scumbag that was known to the police... thats what I would put my cash on
    Hey if that is the case then by all means maybe the dude deserved it but my concerns lie in all the secrecy and changing of stories that happens. Does anyone have the facts or are they just making them up? How hard is it to determine if there was a knife involved or not. How hard is it to say exactly what the person was doing that caused the cops to employ the taser. In the Victoria case the police made false statements until they were proven wrong by civilian video footage. Makes you wonder when they take so long to say what happened.

"It is yet to be determined by the investigation whether the electronic control device had a hand in the fatality," she said.

I guess the cause of death was someone's wish for him to drop dead and their wish came true just like that, the taser had nothing to do with it

What amazes me is the level of education cops have. They are people who barely made it out of higschool, and then the government arms them with lethal weapons to enforce the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Flywheel View Post
    Perhaps the deceased was a SCUMBAG and DESERVED IT
    Here's a question, if he is a threat to the officers its ok for them to kill him? But if the officers apprehend him, he just goes to jail and not executed. Not trying to be sarcastic, but how does that work? Are we saying its ok for a cop to kill someone in a certain situation, but its not ok to have the death penalty for the same person who was apprehended instead? Does my question make sense?

this "excited delerium" is becoming an epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    "It is yet to be determined by the investigation whether the electronic control device had a hand in the fatality," she said.

I guess the cause of death was someone's wish for him to drop dead and their wish came true just like that, the taser had nothing to do with it

What amazes me is the level of education cops have. They are people who barely made it out of higschool, and then the government arms them with lethal weapons to enforce the laws.
    They have to waffle on the wording until something is either proved or disproved. There have been cases in which someone died after being Tased because of a drug overdose rather than the Tasing itself, for instance. There have been drunks who have aspirated their vomit and died. Until the coroner determines a cause of death, it's still unknown.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post

A: Learn to spell Highschool
    B: Good luck finding ANY police force in Canada that will hire someone with JUST a highschool diploma - They put that as a minimum requirement, but its not very likely that they would get hired without some sort of post secondary education.
    C: Like someone said before, and before this turns into a 14 page cop bashing thread, i rather take a Taser than a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    i rather take a Taser than a bullet.
    are those the only 2 options? Anyone would rather be tased than shot but the question is if the police were in that situation without taser would they have shot the person? If the answer was yes then I have no issue with what happened. Its all of the secrecey surrounding what happened everytime this happens that worries me. Either it was justified or not.

Quote Originally Posted by itinkle View Post
    Are we saying its ok for a cop to kill someone in a certain situation, but its not ok to have the death penalty for the same person who was apprehended instead?
    yes

death penalty is premediated killing. situations in which police are allowed to kill somebody are not

Andrew - Scarberia

are those the only 2 options? Anyone would rather be tased than shot but the question is if the police were in that situation without taser would they have shot the person? If the answer was yes then I have no issue with what happened. Its all of the secrecey surrounding what happened everytime this happens that worries me. Either it was justified or not.
    Well no, officers are trained with "other" methods, but i think they think this "luxury" of having a taser eliminates that hand to hand combat, or clubbing, whatever.

If it's anything like Ontario and the SIU, everything is kept hush-hush untill they know if the officer was justified or not.
    No one would make a big deal if the headline said "officers shoot and kill knife wielding man"....but because of the taser hype...everyone and their grandma is gonna have a opinion on this. My gandma says "kill em all"

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    No one would make a big deal if the headline said "officers shoot and kill knife wielding man"....but because of the taser hype...everyone and their grandma is gonna have a opinion on this. My gandma says "kill em all"
    No one would make a big deal if the headline said 'Officer taser knife weilding man and he dies' The article I read the police statement couldn't even say that the man had a knife or not. That is my problem. If the truth is that the officer was attacked by a knife wielding man then why not say that. Public would actually support not question the use.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew978 View Post
    yes

death penalty is premediated killing. situations in which police are allowed to kill somebody are not
    And it's immaterial, at any rate, as we haven't had a death penalty for a goodly number of years. You can't even be executed for high treason in Canada anymore.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

No one would make a big deal if the headline said 'Officer taser knife weilding man and he dies' The article I read the police statement couldn't even say that the man had a knife or not. That is my problem. If the truth is that the officer was attacked by a knife wielding man then why not say that. Public would actually support not question the use.
    If the officer was attacked by a knife weilding man then the correct use of force response would be several 40 calibre bullets to the chest of the man.

Police are likely not confirming the guy had a knife as there is now an investigation into the guys death and most evidence and facts will not be released until investigation is cleared.

And this has what to do with motorcycles??? Oh yeah, just Adrath taking another run at the cops. Where's Zoo Chris?????