The Haters Club - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Haters Club

skylinegtr34

Re: The Haters Club

So is there even a decent bike shop around here or what? Why is people always saying bad things about a shop? Is it they are really bad? Just a few people are not happy with them? Is there one that treat everyone honestly, so people get quality service with reasonable price.

It seems the era of just doing honest business is gone. When the market is being driven by dealers who want to make alot more money then they really deserve. They can mark the object as much as they want as long as people are willing to pay. It's not mark the object enough, they make a bit of money, but also within reasonable limits?

I think like car salesmen are the worst, like they don't have an education, but then they think that street smarts will get them somewhere by cheating their customers. LOL.

By no means this is directed to the OP post. Never tried Envy, cause it's too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Very unprofessional and immature. There are far better ways to respond to criticism in a business.
    Agreed. I was browsing their site when shopping for a bike, saw that page... it completely turned me off of them. I left their site and didn't bother to go over - bought my bike elsewhere.

It is impossible to run a retail business without having at least some upset customers.

Yes, there are cases of businesses / salespeople making mistakes, but I am convinced that at least 80% of the problems are because of the attitudes of the "problem customers".

Every once in a while, people make mistakes. (Have you ever made one?) So give them the chance to make good before yelling all over the internet about it.

Things happen that are beyond the retailer's control. A supplier is out of stock of a part. Someone at a supplier puts the wrong part in a box. A critical person is on holidays and therefore not available to solve a problem. Or whatever.

Then there's the money thing. A business is in business to make money. So let them make at least some money. Comparing to US businesses? The US business has a bigger volume and lower overhead per unit. What about the business that YOU work for? Does its US counterpart have lower prices? Do you want everyone to go there, so you don't have a job? Taking this further, can you buy cheaper from Mexico? China? India? Do you want all the jobs to be over there and none here, including yours?

I think it's interesting that Envy Rides has put up that page. No doubt quite a few people will be making fools of themselves. Some of them might even realize it.

See ya at 10:00-ish. I need another local Yamaha dealer ...

+1 for BrianP

I don't see the problem with the "Haters" page.
    I've seen others post customer complaints.
    Thing is you will never please everybody that walks in the door.
    That's the way it is. People that have worked retail will know this.

Oh and I wouldn't totally take a customer complaint letter for what it is.
    ****** off people will always say they had cash in had and bought somewhere esle. Sure they did.

They're a growing business and will have growing pains.

I'm in...best way to get them is to join them

Komodo and Brianp

I agree with your point of view regarding problem customers. Working retail for many years I am well aware of how unreasonable customers can be, and how vocal they can be with their irrationality. However...

The Envy rides haters page shows a lack of sympathy for the plight of their customer, which is incredibly aggravating. I see that page as a bunch of posturing and posing. If it were a complaints page which attempted to address the concerns of the complaints then it would in fact be a welcome change and refreshing to the retail world. However it is mocking the people who were frustrated by them. This says that if i go in there, and I'm not getting the service i need, they will only make it worse not better.

I think what a lot of angry customers are looking for is a little sympathy for their point of view. This Envy rides page is completely off putting because it says 'We don't need your business' and in retail sometimes they dont want your business, I've encountered customers that i have told to go elsewhere, but they were the worst of the worst.

Envy's hater board is childish...and it really does come off as posing, which is the kind of vibe I get from the whole operation, it seems like they are pandering to a small group of younger riders with the F** you attitude. so if thats the business they are trying to get, them I guess we can let them back themselves into that very small demographic. It might actually work...But i can tell you that I won't be buying stuff from them any time soon.

mr. x owned them hard

Interesting feedback on the "hater board"...I checked out the haters page as well and also think it's extremely unprofessional and really does not belong on the website of a newly opened establishment. It's sending a negative message to the public and not making the place too inviting...I think having it there may turn off some riders that may be a touch older than the demographic they are aiming for. It may come back to bite them as the last time i checked, the older, more seasoned rider generally have more disposible income to spend on gear, parts etc..

Will this keep me out of the store? Probably not...i'll go check it out and if i have a positive experience, i may go back but...if the place is as unprofessional as thier website, you can bet that i'll spend my money at other shops like Rider's Choice or Parker Brothers. Last time i checked thier sites, there were no hater boards on them and i'm sure they have had the odd upset customer (justified or unjustified)
    "You're living inspiration for what I never wanna be"

Wow, kinda surprising that a business would willingly start a "flame" page. It does seem unprofessional but at the same time with a name like "envy" rides. I looks like they might be catering to or attempting to put forward a specific image. If that is what they're trying to do then they have accomplished that. They've also accomplished free advertising, negative or positive they have people talking.

Sorta like Howard Stern, everyone hates the guy but he's the most listened to show around. The haters essentially bring them success.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Things happen that are beyond the retailer's control. A supplier is out of stock of a part. Someone at a supplier puts the wrong part in a box. A critical person is on holidays and therefore not available to solve a problem. Or whatever.
    In most responses I have read about Envy or other places usually all the customer wants is to be treated with respect. When a part is late or backordered call the customer don't wait till they fight traffic to come in and say 'Umm I don't see it... must be backordered or something... maybe tomorrow?' Its the retailers job to be on top of what is coming from where and when it is coming. It starts with respect for the customer and many shops lack that. I've been in a shop for an appointment that was reserved yet I sat around for almost 2 hours before someone actually told me that they were behind and it would be 'X' time before they got to mine. We all live busy lives so Respect/communication is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    A business is in business to make money. So let them make at least some money. Comparing to US businesses? The US business has a bigger volume and lower overhead per unit. What about the business that YOU work for? Does its US counterpart have lower prices? Do you want everyone to go there, so you don't have a job? Taking this further, can you buy cheaper from Mexico? China? India? Do you want all the jobs to be over there and none here, including yours?
    yes it is a business. But the motorcycle industry is not a charity either. If the prices are even remotely close I'll shop local. Just as a business is not going to drop prices so they lose money I don't feel the need to lose money myself. Especially when most shops carry very low stock and offer to order the item for you at more cost then if you ordered it yourself online. I almost always replay no thanks I can order it myself thank you. I find it really hard to pay a shop for something I am willing to do myself. At least I'll be aware when the product comes in and not waiting for a phone call that doesn't come.

hahaha that is awesome. I want to get on a hater board!!
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but found it an interesting concept. I've never been to Envy but I'm inclined to check it out because of this. With the noted negative feedback, I'll obviously be weary of the concerns noted by the Haters with hopes that a vendor who would put up such a page would alter their processes/staff to ensure total customer satisfaction. 2nd season of riding and 90% of the places I've been to rate poorly from a service standpoint. The occasional chitter chatter, grab the sh*! I need, and take off. Not much in the sense of customer retention. My 2 cents.

I wouldn't have the stones to put up a page like that, but I have to say it sure is hilarious!

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

Quote Originally Posted by skylinegtr34 View Post

...I think like car salesmen are the worst, like they don't have an education, but then they think that street smarts will get them somewhere by cheating their customers. LOL.
    LOL or not, that sure is a pretty broad statement!

Don't you think there might actually be *some* car salesmen that have *some* education, are somewhat smart and don't cheat their customers?

Maybe some even ride motorcycles, and maybe some are even literate enough to post on this board... maybe?

..Tom
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

definition of ridiculous? i think so.

Could you imagine if McBride's had a haters page back in the day ... It would probably take up the whole site ... hah

Am I the only one that thinks Envy Rides is the biggest poseur name for a shop ever? Aside from the fact that it doesn't even roll off the tongue nicely?

It remind me of license plates I've seen on lousy cars that say things like "1sir2nv" and "likyrlps".

I didn't think that people would be so sensitive about a section on a web page. I don't think you can expect perfection whenever people are involved. Mistakes will happen. It's how these blunders are corrected that makes the difference to me. As long as a business is able to own up and correct the situation (if in fact it is their mees-up) then all is good.
    If you guys expect one place to be everything to everbody then you have a pretty narrow view of what it takes to run a business.

patientlywaiting

ENVY RIDES!!! So GANGSTA! PAOP! PAOP! PAOP! Watch out now! Honestly, good for putting up the Haterzzzzzzz (PAOP! - BLAWW BLAWWW) Page You guys at Envy Rides are so real that you let us know what other riders are telling you is wrong with your shop. That doesn't make you real and honest, that makes you a lazy, unaccomadating business that I will never shop at. You're not gangster, its so 'played out'. Be yourself! I can't believe I actually called for a price quote previously from you on a SV650 (HAPPY I GOT MY CBR FROM ELSEWHERE!) Seriously, lose the gangster image and I might stop by for some gear. I need a new jacket and helmet.

KEEP IT REAL!

BLUAAWWW!!!

Image over substance, that's how they roll. Boyyyeeeeeeezzzzz!
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40