This is for the GSXR fans - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This is for the GSXR fans

Re: This is for the GSXR fans

Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker_kev View Post
    First you say this

Then you go gixxer bashing again
    I thought you just admitted that all manufacturers have their problems.

Perhaps the reason we gixxer riders get defensive is because you're bashing them. You aren't simply stating the fact that some guys rim was defective, you're basically saying gixxers suck.
    You don't seem to do that to other bikes, which would be why they don't react in the same way.

There is a differnce, I admit all bikes have problems and I have no problem admitting and pointing out Kawis problems...

Want some ammo? Here.... Kawi rearsets are made of paper mache, a heavy wind will break them....Kawi valve trains sound like a bucket of bolts, and their ram air ducts are made of plastic and the front of your bike can fall off at any time...

I make fun of Hondas and Yamahas too, I just dont have any new ammo like I did with this picture/horror story...

Johnny, when you get your new gixxer make sure that you are doing a nice endo when the tire blows and definetly make sure that there is someone there with a camera, that would be one hell of a pic.

my old gsxr at 80km/h impact spokes never broke
    must of been some kind of defect, if it was my bike i would write a very unpleasant letter to suzuki

I was just gonna post the front wheel failure.

Johnny, You yourself said the Enkei makes the rims fro the GSXRs, which would right there and then negate the statement "Suzuki makes crappy bikes sometimes"

It would be the same thing if the Showa forks that go on 75% of sport bikes out there (with different internals) fail on a Suzuki and you point fingers and laugh how "Suzuki is crap"....

Truth is, whether that bike was stunted or not, that wheel should not have failed like that...Enkei made a bad batch obviously...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    I was just gonna post the front wheel failure.

Johnny, You yourself said the Enkei makes the rims fro the GSXRs, which would right there and then negate the statement "Suzuki makes crappy bikes sometimes"

It would be the same thing if the Showa forks that go on 75% of sport bikes out there (with different internals) fail on a Suzuki and you point fingers and laugh how "Suzuki is crap"....

Truth is, whether that bike was stunted or not, that wheel should not have failed like that...Enkei made a bad batch obviously...
    Enkei makes the rims for Suzuki to their specifications, you buy them from Suzuki not Enkei...So reguardless of who actually made the rim, if there is a problem with it you have to deal with the manufacture that made the bike not the individual part....

If my Showa forks fail on my Kawi, I cant call Showa up about it...Id have to deal with Kawi...And I wouldnt pe ****** at Showa for making the forks, Id be ****** at Kawi for putting them on the bike I bought from them....Thats just me thou

My buddy's well-maintained 05 REPSOL 1000RR wheel suddenly disintegrated at 70km/h (lucky SOB!) and the bike was written off immediately by a Nissan X-Terra. He got off a lot easier with just some rash and the requirement for some new gear.

Turds occur.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Johnny, yes, Suzuki chooses the rim specs,but i'm sure their specs didnt call for "yea make every 1000th rim fail at the spokes"

That is a manufacturing defect and i still dont see how Suzuki is responsible fully. Now if he made a claim of it and Suzuki brushed it off and dealt with it poorly then u can come down on Suzuki all you want...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439

Johnny, yes, Suzuki chooses the rim specs,but i'm sure their specs didnt call for "yea make every 1000th rim fail at the spokes"

That is a manufacturing defect and i still dont see how Suzuki is responsible fully. Now if he made a claim of it and Suzuki brushed it off and dealt with it poorly then u can come down on Suzuki all you want...
    Do you have their specs??
    Last edited by frekeyguy; 02-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Do you have their specs??
    are you serious?!

Even if Suzuki came to Enkei and told em what specs they want, its still Enkei responsibility to say "hey, the specs u gave us dont match the load this wheel will be subjected to....we cant build this wheel like this for you..."

So i dont need to know their specs, as i'm sure, "brake up during regular use" is not one of the criteria....as much as you wanna believe Suzuki makes **** bikes...

Well going by what they normally do Suzuki will blame it on wheelies and stunt riding, untill enough of them fall apart under normal circumstances that the cant deny its a defect....Then they will issue a recall, just like the 05/06 1000 frames

I know this happens with all bike brands, I just like poking fun at the all might GSXR fans..LOL I have conveted a few friends away from GSXR's because of problems and mostly over priced OEM parts......

Back when I bought my 01 R6, the battery leaked acid onto my chain and swingarm not even a month after buying it brand new...I tried to bring it up with Cycle World West where I bought the bike, and they basically laughed at me. Tried to get it covered by warrenty for a few weeks and just got the run around, eventually had to buy a new battery for around $300 as it was pouched and keeping me from riding....Did a chain conversion anyways, and polished the swingarm...

Since then I dont even care about warrenty, I just buy my stuff and deal with what happens myself...And yes **** does happen...

Today Im on the Honda hate wagon, because I cant find plugs for this damn Honda for under $20 a plug!

I find GSXR parts are abundand in the used market, that is one reason i bought a gsxr last season...repairing a crashed bike is way cheaper.

OEM parts are dime a dozen for them compared to the Honda VTR. hell VTR rearsets still go for 50 bucks a side used, after 12 years on the market!

I consider the GSXR's the Civics of the motorcycling....easy to swap parts, relatively cheap to modify, easy to work on, and everyone and their mother has one! lol