Bel Air Direct cage insurance - any good

Thread: Bel Air Direct cage insurance - any good

Bel Air Direct cage insurance - any good

Anybody here dealt with Bel Air Direct for cage insurance?

Re: Bel Air Direct cage insurance - any good

i did...they probably give you the best rate of any other company out there...i was 22 and paying 2600 a year on a 2001 toyota corolla

I was doing an online app and the program stopped me because I answered yes to the question of whether my DL was suspended in the last 15 years.

Wow, that's along way back!!

I guess all's fair in love, war, and Ontario auto insurance.

I found'em to be fairly expensive. That's why I'd recommend either Economical Mutual or the Dominion of Canada. They gave me the best cage rates.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

If someone gets their "best rate" with a certain insurance company, it doesn't mean that everyone will. Each insurance company has their own group of people that they market towards (target market); whether or not the insurance company is competitive for you depends on whether or not you are in that company's target market. To get the best rate, you have to shop around.

Belair is the direct insurance division of the ING group. In general, their rates tend to be lower because they cut down on overhead since they do not have to pay broker/agent commission. If you like speaking with the same person every time you discuss your policy, then you would be better suited to the agent/broker distribution channels. In general, service at Belair is not as good as other companies in the market. Also, Belair does have really tight underwriting guidelines, so if you happen to have an at-fault accident then you can expect to be canceled or at least not renewed.

Cheers!

IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI

I got car insurance with them. Piece of cake to deal with and got the best rates. Everything was taken car of in less than an hour and didnt even leave my house.

They offered me the best rates when i just started driving, for young males i couldn't find anyone that could touch their rates. was there for a few years but as i got older the other insurance companies had much much better rates.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    They offered me the best rates when i just started driving, for young males i couldn't find anyone that could touch their rates. was there for a few years but as i got older the other insurance companies had much much better rates.
    +1
    my buddy just started driving in a mazda protege sedan and for a new m2 driver with a pretty basic car, belair was miles ahead of the rest quotewise. RBC was the worst.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE View Post
    +1
    my buddy just started driving in a mazda protege sedan and for a new m2 driver with a pretty basic car, belair was miles ahead of the rest quotewise. RBC was the worst.
    I believe that BelAir is easier on young drivers than most companies. This makes sense because younger people are more likely to purchase insurance online without needing to see a broker/agent face to face.

RBC's target market does not include young drivers AT ALL. They are more specialized at insuring more mature drivers.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I believe that BelAir is easier on young drivers than most companies. This makes sense because younger people are more likely to purchase insurance online without needing to see a broker/agent face to face.

RBC's target market does not include young drivers AT ALL. They are more specialized at insuring more mature drivers.

Cheers!

Viffer, thanks for the insight. You're posts are always enjoyable and informative.

Cheers M8.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

Whats "CAGE" insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Whats "CAGE" insurance?
    He means car insurance (because you have the "cage" of the car to protect you, unlike when you are riding your bike).

The problem with belair direct I'm having right now is that they want to mail me the application(or print it out) then I have to fill it out(even though you spend half an hour on the phone with them giving them that same info) and send it back to them, and then they want to take up to 15 days to process it. I'm used to dealing with TD and other companies where they can fax you the application, you sign it, fax it back, boom, you have insurance. They are beating my renewal by about $250 bucks but I have not given myself a possible 20 days until my insurance expires. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    The problem with belair direct I'm having right now is that they want to mail me the application(or print it out) then I have to fill it out(even though you spend half an hour on the phone with them giving them that same info) and send it back to them, and then they want to take up to 15 days to process it. I'm used to dealing with TD and other companies where they can fax you the application, you sign it, fax it back, boom, you have insurance. They are beating my renewal by about $250 bucks but I have not given myself a possible 20 days until my insurance expires. WTF.
    That's quite a long time!

This is one of the drawbacks of dealing with a direct insurer rather than an insurer who deals through the broker or agency distribution.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Kellen: Wow really?

I used the online quote then I called them and spoke to an agent. paid them for 2 month of insurance like they stated in their contract. I had my temporary liability slip emailed to me with me still on the phone.

their quote was also significantly lower for me (under 25).

i've heard that some of their agents are dickheads to work with tho.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post
    Kellen: Wow really?

I used the online quote then I called them and spoke to an agent. paid them for 2 month of insurance like they stated in their contract. I had my temporary liability slip emailed to me with me still on the phone.

their quote was also significantly lower for me (under 25).

i've heard that some of their agents are dickheads to work with tho.
    I have heard this from a few other people I know personally as well. They didn't have to do this. They must have changed the way they do things recently. I spoke to three different people over there and none of them could help me, it's the way they do it.

I have heard this from a few other people I know personally as well. They didn't have to do this. They must have changed the way they do things recently. I spoke to three different people over there and none of them could help me, it's the way they do it.
    It could be that they really don't want your business, but since they cannot refuse it, they are trying to get you to go away by making things difficult for you. This would be an unethical method of bypassing the "all comers" rule in Ontario. If you think you are being mistreated, contact the insurance ombudsman:

http://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/English/pu...ce/g-05_96.asp
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

they are the cheapest for me.....was licensed in 1989, was a bad boy and got some gooood charges......now I am on graduated licensing and their online quote was $1414 a year for just liability for my 2003 Dakota, and they gave me same quaote on the phone...then they ran my info and saw that I had a suspension last year (7 day suspension stunt driving) and I informed them that the charges never stuck and they said ok, so long storry short that got back to me with a lower rate of $1200 per year........RBC wanted $4700, TD wanted $3400 and ING wanted $2480, so I would say they are the cheapest for me, underwriten by Nordic insurance......been insured with them for the past week, and if I get snow tires they will drop to $1075 per year......heck I pay almost $1700 per year for my CBR 929RR.... I give em a thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by PaisaMed View Post
    Anybody here dealt with Bel Air Direct for cage insurance?

yup that the only thing that sucks about them....did online app, then over phone was the same thing then she said mail it...I was like can I fax it she said no.....so it took 7 days for me to get all things in order, but I waited as they were the cheapest by far.

I did my insurance with them over the phone. Got a temp insurance in the mail. They are hands down one of the lowest priced insurers for cars. I had two tickets state farm was like 4000 a year. Belair Direct was like 1800. My record goes clean in Feb of 2010, Can't wait call up state farm and see what they will charge me (my 05 CBR 600rr is with them)