Riders Choice Service Experience - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Riders Choice Service Experience

Re: Riders Choice Service Experience

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    its more likely that they backed out from your adjustment process.

axle adjusters are not touched during tire changes so the RC staff would not have had reason to touch them.

This happens, doesn't mean you're a bad mechanic, but you shouldn't be writting a bad review about the shop in this situation.
    I know that the chain was adjusted properly and the lock-nuts tight.
    I can say that for sure. The bike wasn't shifting like crap on the way in to the shop just on the way out. Now I have no idea as to why the shop would have changed the tension. Maybe they thought is was too tight and slacked it. Either way I think a good tech would have at least checked the chain tension before giving the bike back if it did come in lose as you say.

You sure your adjustment was not off when you came in.

You do not need to touch the chain adjjustment when you make a wheel/tire change.
    its more likely that they backed out from your adjustment process.

axle adjusters are not touched during tire changes so the RC staff would not have had reason to touch them.

This happens, doesn't mean you're a bad mechanic, but you shouldn't be writting a bad review about the shop in this situation.
    Anyone can look through my previous posts and see what shop I use dispite what other people say. This shop DOES adjust and lube your chain after any rear tire change. I know because I have had it done more than once and seen them do multiple tires just inside the garage door where the tire machines are. Mark told me once, "it's the easiest time to do it. The rear end is already up in the air and the axle is already loose, more than half the work is already done."
    This was posted not to bigup a shop but rather to make the point that a not doing chain adj. during a rear tire change seems lazy to me.

Anyways to my real point..........................
    The OP doesn't get his chain adjusted even after being told "WE ALWAYS DO IT" and "NOT TO WORRY", and certain posters jump all over him for not doing it himself and somehow making it his fault and no fault of RC. Then we have a poster who actually does his own chain adjustment and goes to RC only to have his chain come out in worse shape than it went in. Again it seems that somehow RC is not to blame.

So I have to ask; under what conditions is someone allowed to get upset at any shop for anything to do with a chain adjustment. No one should ask because we should all be doing our own, and we shouldn't expect the chain to be checked or adj. during a rear tire change, seems to me that all shops (or is it only RC) are exempt fram any blame that comes from anything to do with chains?

BTW when does a shop check a chain then if not when asked and not during a rear tire change?
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

What is this nonsense about "the rider must/should be able to do this type of service at home"? Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by HyoSilver View Post
    What is this nonsense about "the rider must/should be able to do this type of service at home"? Says who?
    I don't blame you for not reading through 11 pages so here's the coles notes.......
    Certain posters have the opinion that chain adj/lube and tire pressure checks are the riders responsibility so even though a shop twice agrees to do it we have no right to be upset because it's our job to keep these two things up to par. Then if we do it ownselves like we are supposed to we then can't get upset because a shop messes up the previously adj chain during a rear tire change because...........?................?.............. ?.....you know I don't know why they are still not to blame to be honest, but they apperently aren't.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI

2,647 views. now thats a lot of potential customers

If I may interject being a business owner myself could I make a suggestion?

I would suggest two things to follow before placing a negative review on any business.

1. To a poster before posting a negative comment. If you received inadequate service and or product did you articulate this to the dealer directly? Did you allow them time to address the issue? Did they address the issue to your satisfaction? If not did you let them know that? Were they sympathetic and apologetic?

2. To the responders of a poster, as long as all the above applies there should be no need for a responder to attack a poster, a simple "from my experience I am very happy with this company" will probably suffice.

There are two types of people in this situation, people that are very understanding that mistakes happen and just want to feel important and that their situation was acknowledged and addressed and the second type that are unreasonable, passive aggressive people who don't know how to comunicate effectivily, or simply their glass is half empty instead of half full.

Make Sense?

Banned

Plain and friggin simple - if they agreed to do it.. .then it should be done... how any idiots could even begin to chime in and say something to the effect that it's HIS fault because he should be able to do it himself is incredibly stupid...

you don't need to have it on a work order for it to be done... to be honest, if he asked for it to be done and they agreed to it and said we will do that for you, then they have entered into a "contract" with the client. It's basic contractual law.... which I won't get into for obvious reasons, not the least of which is most people won't understand it..... watch Judge Judy for god's sake...

Rider's Choice SUCKS plain and simple... I would not give them the sweat off my nut sac let alone any hard earned money...

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    Plain and friggin simple - if they agreed to do it.. .then it should be done... how any idiots could even begin to chime in and say something to the effect that it's HIS fault because he should be able to do it himself is incredibly stupid...

you don't need to have it on a work order for it to be done... to be honest, if he asked for it to be done and they agreed to it and said we will do that for you, then they have entered into a "contract" with the client. It's basic contractual law.... which I won't get into for obvious reasons, not the least of which is most people won't understand it..... watch Judge Judy for god's sake...

Rider's Choice SUCKS plain and simple... I would not give them the sweat off my nut sac let alone any hard earned money...
    So what you are saying is that you don't like them

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    There are two types of people in this situation, people that are very understanding that mistakes happen and just want to feel important and that their situation was acknowledged and addressed and the second type that are unreasonable, passive aggressive people who don't know how to comunicate effectivily, or simply their glass is half empty instead of half full.

Make Sense?
    Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by topendz View Post
    Make Sense?
    A half-empty glass of water... is always half full of air....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    So what you are saying is that you don't like them
    Well you know...... what can I say... I call a spade a spade

SteveT

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    Well you know...... what can I say... I call a spade a spade
    I thought a spade was also known as a shovel
    seee
    spade

shovel

Actually, this is a spade.
    Last edited by Mr.Azim; 09-07-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Has Riderschoice inherited THE Crown from the Suzuki of Newmarket? They're talk of the town these days.

Nah
    Suzuki of Newmarket is on a whole other plane.
    Riders Choice is just having a hard time living up to their own hype.

I'll say it again; I don't understand how John McBride washed his history in this town just by moving the shop 5 miles to the west.

Banned

Actually, this is a spade... and so is the second one
    Last edited by SlowNLow; 09-28-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    Nah
    Suzuki of Newmarket is on a whole other plane.
    Riders Choice is just having a hard time living up to their own hype.

I'll say it again; I don't understand how John McBride washed his history in this town just by moving the shop 5 miles to the west.

Nobody but nobody comes even close to SON.
    Personally,i have never ever had a problem with Riders choice.
    If anything they have always been really,really helpful and given help and advice,for free.
    The only one that treats me "ruff" is "Moto"

Banned

Yep! They are a good bunch of eggs, and are glad to talk bikes and lots of FYI stuff.

You might look around and find a shop where you really get along with the staff, or they put enough foam in your "complimentary" mocachino, but if you want to be treated decently and expediently, just walking in the door, you'd be hard pressed to fault RC.

They are what a motorcycle shop should be. Including the vicious guard dog.

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    They are what a motorcycle shop should be. Including the vicious guard dog.
    Yeah, right...
    Asked them to adjust hot idle...
    They screwed up cold idle, and tried to explain me that it has to be like that…
    Charged me the arm and the foot.
    I had to download maintenance manual and do it myself just to prove that it can be done properly even by amateur.
    Last edited by AcePilot; 08-05-2008 at 01:30 PM.