Group Buy for 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Page 3

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy for 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Re: Group Buy for 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    Ya Pearl makes a good point... plus too much attention might work against us (e.g. last year)
    true true!

600 would be good, but another 250 wont hurt either.

Answered a few more questions on the OP (Original Post).

Glad to see so many people excited about this group buy, this should be good!

GroundFighter

I don't mean to hijack the thread, well ok, maybe I do.lol. I'm selling my 08 250. I've been putting out some pm's to people who have asked about it before, but not getting any responses back. I want to offer it up to the forums I'm on before I head to the auto trader.

If anyone is interested, pm with any questions and I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks
    Rob

Try posting in the For Sale forum?

To bring it back on track: when the hell are Kawasaki gonna release a MSRP?

Looking to get my first Bike, after a lot of looking I really like the 250's. This looks like a great way to get into riding with a nice bike at a good price. I'm very interested...just waiting for the final little details.

- ok newb question here. i'm 100% set on the ninja 250. My only choice now is colour (lime green or candy plasma blue), however since there are none of these bikes for me to go see in showrooms i tried looking online. my problem/question is is there two shades of green? when I look at the green ones sometimes the colour looks more like a lighter green with a powdered or soft finish, and other times it looks very vibrant and in your face like a more "electric" green. all the bikes I have seen in the kawi green were older models that were scratched or dirty so it was hard to get an idea of what it would look like if I were to be cleaning the thing as much as i do my 6 year old car that has a show room finish still lol...
    Last edited by gizmogamez; 07-22-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Color choice is a personal thing. I think if u like very stand out color (between ur choice) then Candy blue. Otherwise green. Some color's are available in US, some r in Canada. I don't know whether Pearl can manage (it depends on dealer....) any Color? Can u PEARL?

When should Kawasaki Put up the 2009 Ninja 250R configuration? And the MSRP?

you got PM'd im so down for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmogamez View Post
    Looking to get my first Bike, after a lot of looking I really like the 250's. This looks like a great way to get into riding with a nice bike at a good price. I'm very interested...just waiting for the final little details.

- ok newb question here. i'm 100% set on the ninja 250. My only choice now is colour (lime green or candy plasma blue), however since there are none of these bikes for me to go see in showrooms i tried looking online. my problem/question is is there two shades of green? when I look at the green ones sometimes the colour looks more like a lighter green with a powdered or soft finish, and other times it looks very vibrant and in your face like a more "electric" green. all the bikes I have seen in the kawi green were older models that were scratched or dirty so it was hard to get an idea of what it would look like if I were to be cleaning the thing as much as i do my 6 year old car that has a show room finish still lol...
    there should only be 1 green... check the 08 model on the Kawi website. I would say it is more like an electric green... and that's what makes it sooooo beautiful!!

I'm interested as well, but would like to know the available colours before sending in the pm.
    Gonna see if emailing kawasaki helps

I do value questions from everyone, but please check the FAQ located on the first post before sending me a PM. This is just to avoid cramming my PM inbox. If you have a question that's not answered in the first post or FAQ, don't hesitate to send me a PM

It is also important for everyone to read the whole first post, word for word, before sending me a pm with your info, this is because I would like to avoid having people drop out last minute because of a detail that they did not know about, even though it was specified in the thread since the beginning, this may affect the price for everyone else, so please make sure you can make the commitment before sending me a PM. The whole process is pretty straight forward, but let's make sure we all have a common understanding to avoid disagreement later on. If something I said seems sketchy or unclear, please don't hesitate to point it out so I can correct it and clear things up

I am excited that there are so many people that are already on their toes about this group buy, but there really is no rush to find out the color so soon, because specifying your color will be the very very last step (even after the deadline). If everyone emails Kawasaki about the color, it is possible that some of us will get inaccurate information from an employee that's just making a guess. Better to wait for the official word from Kawasaki when they release the information. It shouldn't be too far away now anyways. Also, experience from organizing previous group buys made me see that it often works a lot better when we keep group buys unknown to dealerships/manufacturers until the last minute, one reason being it's summer right now, dealerships are not in the mood to negotiate at the moment.

In the mean time, keep spreading the word to potential buyers! Let's make this group buy twice the size of last year's!

Ok, a few more questions for anyone that can answer (I know you must be busy pearl). Having never owned a bike before I was wondering about servicing and such in regards to this group buy. for standard service and warranty work would i have to take this bike back to the dealer we end up buying from or would i be able to take in to my local st.onge (they are the only kawasaki dealer in barrie...)?
    Also with the group buy and this special price would the bikes have to be paid in full up front or do the dealers still let you do financing through them with the special low rates like they offered on the 08's?

- thx for the replys about the colours...i found a guy not far from me who has a green 08 so I went to go see it and it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmogamez View Post
    Ok, a few more questions for anyone that can answer (I know you must be busy pearl). Having never owned a bike before I was wondering about servicing and such in regards to this group buy. for standard service and warranty work would i have to take this bike back to the dealer we end up buying from or would i be able to take in to my local st.onge (they are the only kawasaki dealer in barrie...)?
    Also with the group buy and this special price would the bikes have to be paid in full up front or do the dealers still let you do financing through them with the special low rates like they offered on the 08's?

- thx for the replys about the colours...i found a guy not far from me who has a green 08 so I went to go see it and it looks great.
    great questions, I will update the FAQ right now, check back in 20 min

Thanks for the update Pearl. Was the MSRP for 08 really $3499?!?! Damn! the Kawi website says 4249 now! Bastards!!

No, Canadian MSRP for 08 was ~$4200. US was $3500.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
    Thanks for the update Pearl. Was the MSRP for 08 really $3499?!?! Damn! the Kawi website says 4249 now! Bastards!!
    sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to say, for 2008

MSRP is $3499 in USA
    MSRP is $4249 in Canada

Which is why we will be contacting dealerships in both Canada and USA. We will then weigh out the benefit to cost and make a decision on where we go. For now, don't worry about how to import and the importing process, I am very familiar with the importing process, so I will take into consideration of all costs, fees, and time involved before making a decision.

But again, let's not discuss whether or not you want to import your bike on this public forum, if the dealerships find this forum, we don't want them to jack up the price based on how little/many people are willing to import.

kaqulius

PM Sent.

Pearl, i sent a PM last wednesday expressing my interest in the group buy. Havent heard a reply yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasian View Post
    Pearl, i sent a PM last wednesday expressing my interest in the group buy. Havent heard a reply yet.
    I believe just sending your PM will put you on the list. I dont think you'll be getting a reply. Unless you have a question that needs to be answered