Close calls

Thread: Close calls

cobra88

Smile Close calls

It is always terrible to hear about a fallen rider anywhere because it could be you no matter how experienced a rider you are. Last August on a solo trip out to BC I was involved in a accident with a transport. Luckily for me it was not my time that day. I suffered 2 cracked knee caps, 2 broken ribs, shattered left hand, bruised hip, and a serious concussion. Even through all of the pain though I still mounted what was left of my bike (after making it road worthy again on the side of the road) and made it another 1 1/2 hours of riding back home before I could go no futher and had to call in some help. I spent 10 weeks on a couch and as soon as I could move again started the rebuild of my bike. 2 weeks later I was riding again and never looked back. My point is this..... even though it is terrible to hear of these lost riders I feel we all are a very special breed of human to ride and to go that way is not so bad. They lost their lives doing what they love and there is nothing better than that. I can only hope that when my time is up I too am doing something that I love! I do not mean any disrespect to those who have fallen or their families for I too was close to becoming expired. Just a reminder of the joy they felt and feel while riding!
    RIP to all those lost!

Re: Close calls

I admire ur strength during that time.

Some ppl quit after accidents, some ppl dont. It all depends on how much u miss riding. Dont forget ppl do ride just to pick up chix or to pose.
    Resident Loudmouth

On the general subject of close calls, it is human nature to make mistakes, but IF you have a situation that warrants being a "close call", one thing you should do is critique your own riding and identify anything you did that could have been done differently to avoid or reduce the severity of the situation, and then use that feedback to try to prevent that type of situation from happening again.

It doesn't matter whether the situation would have officially been your fault or the other driver's fault.

videosilva

2 cracked Knee caps ?? Your LUCKY you can still walk. I would think it would be an omen telling you its time to sell the bike.