Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life)

Re: Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life)

Quote Originally Posted by IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI View Post
    The good old days indeed. Seems anywhere you shop and any brand you buy you defend to your death.

PS. Free D, his polls were priceless
    "Seems" is right. For example, I'll never buy another Yamaha again, (-spent a lot of money fixing mine), ...and there are certain internet retailers that have lost my business, too.

PS. Glad those D polls are gone for good.

On your side dude....

Good customer service is a part of retail. It's fine if something is going to take a month to come in as long as the buyer is aware of it and satisfied with that. Or if it is indefinitely on back order then the buyer needs to know and be comfortable with that as well. Don't guarantee a date if it is not guaranteed.

Granted that back protector is a little bit of a grey area. It's hard to place blame there since neither of you were really aware of what the other was thinking.

skylinegtr34

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    I think this whole thread is a bit odd, as are most of the threads that criticize motorcycle shops. Someone's unhappy, and then all the "friends of the shop" chime in to defend the shop.

I'll try to be a little objective about this, because I've spent lots of money at RC, and even done a few track days with them, so I am a customer. Although I'm not going to jump to their defense like I'm one of their buddies, because I'm just a customer, and they're just a store. We don't hang out together on holidays or anything.

We all know they have good stuff in the store. Good selection of some hard-to-find merchandise. Ryan is a great tech. They run good track days. John is very knowledgeable about many things. He is also direct and no-nonsense, which is good for some people and not for others.

But we have to admit some other things too. Most things in the shop don't have prices marked on them. It's hard to get any real help when you're in there. Their prices are high, and frankly a bit all over the place. I've gotten two different prices on the same helmet on two visits over the course of the same week. It's disconcerting. Let's face it - they don't have the best customer service. And there's no reason for it.

If I have to walk into a store and "win them over" with my smile and sunny disposition, I think that's a bit odd. I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around? And why do I have to be "humble" when I go into a store. Can't I just be myself? Any store that needs me to act a certain way to get treated right, or give their dog treats or a belly-rub to be one of their "buddies", is a store that needs to work on their customer service a bit.

Sorry if that offends some people (I'm not sure why it would, but it seems a bit sensitive around here). I like the shop, I am a customer of the shop, but their customer service needs work.

--- D
    Yup, it's a fair comment he has got there.

castor

Never been to RC. Do a lot of retailing on the net at starcycle, bikebandit, and some others BECAUSE of crappy customer service. But I do buy at dealers that treat their customers well...not like gods, but with respect. Sometimes in the retail business, you gotta eat a little **** sandwhich, smile and say, "MMMMMMMM who's the chef??"

Any shop that thinks it's better / superior than it's customers or lifeblood, better think again.

They exsist because of the customer....not the other way around. How many shops open up with a line up or dedicated customers waiting??? (Except the Tesla dealers)

So, customer service is everything. It can really make or break a shop, dealer etc.

Walk into any Lexus / Acura dealer and then a GM / Ford dealer and you'll see the difference customer service makes. Exactly why I bought an Acura. A little more than the comparable Honda model, but the differnece in service / customer treatment was incredible.

I don't have much experience at RC because this was my first riding season in Ontario and the only thing I needed for the year was a rear tire when I had my EX500. It was part of a group buy so it was a little different. There weren't any problems getting a tire, unfortunately they had told me that they had Perellis in stock when they only had Metzelers.

The only other comment that I had was that I spent a lot of time sitting in the store hoping for a quick, painless death while I was waiting for the install. It took a really long time and I wasn't told when my bike was ready. I asked whoever was at the counter if it was ready after just over an hour and 3/4 and was told "Uh, yea, it has been ready for 10 minutes man". Boo urns.

When it comes to anything motorvehicle related (cars/bikes/boats) I tend to assume that everything is going to be shady on price/service. Best friends when everything goes smoothly, monsters when they don't.
    You think I only look like an idiot. Boy, do I have a surprise for you!

Just remember to ride your own ride and stay outta' the rhubarb!

***spam***everyone.. Ppl Head Over To Vision Cycle In Milton ***spam**
    Ask For Dan!!

150 Nipissing Road #3

Russ____________R1

Quote Originally Posted by f4i_prostar View Post
    I had a similar bad experience at Rider's Choice back in February '08. I spent $1500 on two jackets (1 for the gf) and a pair of riding boots. My jacket wasn't in stock and I was told it would take 3 weeks to arrive. Not a problem, I needed the jacket when the riding season started. 3 weeks later (now early March).... it didn't arrive yet. Their excuse was a delay at customs and to check back again next week. I waited a few more weeks and called again (now April) and it still wasn't here. Originally I planned to have all my gear by the time the riding season, so I was a little ****** and asked the chubby dude at the counter (who originally sold me everything) that its unacceptable to tell me it'll be here in 3 weeks and now its been 2 months. Long story short, he was rude, argued back and gave me some bs excuse, "WE are at the whim of the distributor...blah blah blah" so I asked for a refund and he refused saying TOO BAD NO REFUNDS, YOU CAN EXCHANGE.

All said and done, I received my jacket in May... 3 months later - not 3 weeks.
    I once had a similar problem with a furniture store. I sought legal advice and will share it for free.

Always have the delivery date for your merchandise written on your receipt. If your merchandise does not arrive on time, your contract is not valid. You have every right to back out of the contract on merchandise not available on your delivery date because the contract has been breached. If the merchant will not return your money, you then send a registered letter to the merchant explaining your intent to take said merchant to small claims court regarding the breaching of your contract. I was told it is very rare for these matters to go to court because the merchants will always have to pay, and they know that.
    It is that simple to protect yourself!
    mlc

ps. The registered letter was as far as I had to go in order to get my money back.

dropgear

great advice, thank you.

there r always rc ***kisser try hard defending. it's more fun reading ur jokes than watchin SNL. keep'em comin.