Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life)

Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life)

Just bought a new bike and was looking for gear. I decided to head to rider’s choice and see what they have. Went in, picked out a 729 dollar jacket, a 696 dollar helmet and a 50 dollar tinted visor. When I was picking this out the guy at the counter mentioned that that specific jacket fits a back protector ($75). He brought it over and I asked him if you can feel it inside the jacket, so he said no put it into the jacket and I tried it on, it fit well no problems. So I start wheeling and dealing as I know I can get the same **** way cheaper online, but this was insurance recovery so I thought id give a local business a break. I ask him to throw a $50 pare of gloves and I assumed the back protector was thrown in as well. So he rings it up, $1639, charged me for the helmet, visor and jacket…. Cool. I heard rider’s choice was decent so I decided to pay up front even though they had to order the helmet and visor as they did not have it in stock. When I paid I was assured it would be here on Thursday (I paid for everything Monday)

Thursday rolls around, I call, sorry not in try Friday.
    Friday I call, sorry we made a mistake they are on back order but we have one and will be there Monday GUARANTEED.

So I call on Monday, the chick there tells me she doesn’t know if it’s in cause she hasn’t open the boxes yet. I got ******, waited till like 3 in the afternoon and headed down. I get there and the guy that originally sold me everything is there so I ask if my helmet is there. He opens one of the boxes, takes out a helmet. It’s the right make RF-1000 Voyager but the WRONG color.

At this point I’m ****** but civil and tell them they need to get their **** together. I guess at that point he didn’t like that I called them on their incompetence and started accusing me of stealing the back protector because he forgot to charge me for it….. I SNAPPED and yelling back and forth began. I was so ******, so I tell him to **** himself and that I will bring back EVERYTHING and he will give my money back, he refused cause its used gear. HOW is it used if I don’t have a helmet to ride?? At this point I threaten to call my credit card company ( I paid for 2 goods, the helmet and visor I didn’t get) and tell him ill take the wrong color helmet and $50 for the visor that they ALSO didn’t have and never come back.. He slapped the $50 on the counter, I grabbed it, the helmet that was the wrong color and left as he kept yelling at me that I’m a thief.

I have bought 2 helmets, a visor, frame sliders, a jacket, a pair of tires on ebay for cheep and never once had any problems. Yet these mongoloid troglodytes can’t ****en order a correct helmet if their life depended on it.

FAAAAAAAAAAAA QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ rider’s choice I will never buy anything from you rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBones View Post
    Just bought a new bike and was looking for gear. I decided to head to rider’s choice and see what they have. Went in, picked out a 729 dollar jacket, a 696 dollar helmet and a 50 dollar tinted visor. When I was picking this out the guy at the counter mentioned that that specific jacket fits a back protector ($75). He brought it over and I asked him if you can feel it inside the jacket, so he said no put it into the jacket and I tried it on, it fit well no problems. So I start wheeling and dealing as I know I can get the same **** way cheaper online, but this was insurance recovery so I thought id give a local business a break. I ask him to throw a $50 pare of gloves and I assumed the back protector was thrown in as well. So he rings it up, $1639, charged me for the helmet, visor and jacket…. Cool. I heard rider’s choice was decent so I decided to pay up front even though they had to order the helmet and visor as they did not have it in stock. When I paid I was assured it would be here on Thursday (I paid for everything Monday)

Thursday rolls around, I call, sorry not in try Friday.
    Friday I call, sorry we made a mistake they are on back order but we have one and will be there Monday GUARANTEED.

So I call on Monday, the chick there tells me she doesn’t know if it’s in cause she hasn’t open the boxes yet. I got ******, waited till like 3 in the afternoon and headed down. I get there and the guy that originally sold me everything is there so I ask if my helmet is there. He opens one of the boxes, takes out a helmet. It’s the right make RF-1000 Voyager but the WRONG color.

At this point I’m ****** but civil and tell them they need to get their **** together. I guess at that point he didn’t like that I called them on their incompetence and started accusing me of stealing the back protector because he forgot to charge me for it….. I SNAPPED and yelling back and forth began. I was so ******, so I tell him to **** himself and that I will bring back EVERYTHING and he will give my money back, he refused cause its used gear. HOW is it used if I don’t have a helmet to ride?? At this point I threaten to call my credit card company ( I paid for 2 goods, the helmet and visor I didn’t get) and tell him ill take the wrong color helmet and $50 for the visor that they ALSO didn’t have and never come back.. He slapped the $50 on the counter, I grabbed it, the helmet that was the wrong color and left as he kept yelling at me that I’m a thief.

I have bought 2 helmets, a visor, frame sliders, a jacket, a pair of tires on ebay for cheep and never once had any problems. Yet these mongoloid troglodytes can’t ****en order a correct helmet if their life depended on it.

FAAAAAAAAAAAA QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ rider’s choice I will never buy anything from you rejects.

You assumed? Why didn't you speak up and ask? You walked out with a $75 back protector?

They need to get their **** together? Could the ordering of the helmet color be as simple as a 'clerical' error? Like ONE digit wrong on the part number?

Could John have maybe offered to rectify the situation? Could he have been open to helping you by offering another helmet that he had in stock? The place is full of helmets!

I sell car parts...I would be glad to be rid of a customer as yourself. Glad everything in your world works out perfectly.

IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlI

Re: Rider’s Choice (Worst retail experience of my life)

Not suprised at all, that place is a joke. Went in there twice and will never do so again.

It's not your fault he forgot to ring up the back protector.
    1984 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
    2006 Aprilia SR 50 Factory - Sold
    2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R - Gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by massr1 View Post
    It's not your fault he forgot to ring up the back protector.
    This is not the same as a Tim Hortons kid handing you back a $10 bill instead of a $5 that you should have actually got, and you simply drive away laughing....

Knowingly walking out of the store without paying for a $75 item (and not mentioning it to the clerk) is stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtNOS View Post
    This is not the same as a Tim Hortons kid handing you back a $10 bill instead of a $5 that you should have actually got, and you simply drive away laughing....

Knowingly walking out of the store without paying for a $75 item (and not mentioning it to the clerk) is stealing.
    First of all i would not have purchased all the gear if the only thing i would have gotten is a $50 pair of gloves. 2nd i offered to return EVERYTHING for a refund.

and the helmet thing was a major screw up on their part... how is it that internet shops never ever screw up my order.

how is it that internet shops never ever screw up my order.
    Because its difficult for an automated system to screw up, you get out what you put in, however it does still happen.

Any time there are actual humans involved, there are margins of error, unfortunately, you were in that margin in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Because its difficult for an automated system to screw up, you get out what you put in, however it does still happen.

Any time there are actual humans involved, there are margins of error, unfortunately, you were in that margin in this case.
    it doesn't just happen, its called incompetence.
    I talked to a few friends about this and one told me that the same thing happened to him, accept he had to wait 6 months. Sorry but from now on ill just stick to the internet.

I have two simple rules.....

1. if it aint in stock I aint buying it there. I will find someplace else that has it, even if its online.

2. if YOU offer to sell me something that I wasnt looking for and then 'forget' to charge me for it, I consider it a gift. Thanks and cya.

stupid people can hurt a business. ignorant people will kill it.
    Sorry, Luke. I'm just doing my job. You gotta appreciate that. Nah, calling it your job don't make it right Boss.

They need to get their **** together? Could the ordering of the helmet color be as simple as a 'clerical' error? Like ONE digit wrong on the part number?
    And the customer is responsible for this how?

Could John have maybe offered to rectify the situation? Could he have been open to helping you by offering another helmet that he had in stock?
    You jump all over this guy for "ASSUMING", this whole statment is one giant assumption.

I think your examples are apples and oranges but if you insist then this is what I would think if they were the same...............
    Well really the only difference is the Timmies kid made a $5 stupid mistake and RC made a $75 stupid mistake. (if it was a mistake)
    RC knew everything that he had possesion of and they started talking about a package deal price wise, its their own fault that they forgot (if they did forget) about including it in the negotiation. I'm sure the merchandise was taken from him to be rung in @ the register then bagged and given back to him. They had plenty of opportunity to realize their mistake (if it was a mistake) before giving him back his purchases and giving him a "thanks for coming". I don't think this was stealing and is of no fault of KrazyBones.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Well Mr Motorcycler, I would hope that the general publiic is a little more honest than yourself and Krazybones.

As a customer who witnessed the BS from Krazybones right from the time he walked into the store and demanded to know about his helmet, to his outrageous claims of John's yelling, and refusal to help, etc...at least he could have started out by introducing himself to the employee when he came in!
    "Ya, I called ya earlier, where's my helmet?" is hardley a good way to introduce yourself.

I like reading the reviews here. Unfortunately, many of them aren't very constructive and are more destructive in nature. However, this time I was fortunate (?) to have actually witnessed the beginnning of this BS.

la la la la always two sides to a story

I understand both sides here. Online stores have better stock because they're selling to a MUCH larger market. They're basically a warehouse with a bunch of stock pickers. Retail stores have to purchase what they think will sell throughout the year if they want to get the best prices. If they have to order during the year they make less money. And they're at the mercy of what the warehouse has in stock..and they're at the mercy of what the warehouse ships to them..they make mistakes too. If you pick wrong on your booking order, you have a lot of extra stock you can't get rid of. It's a tough call.

I've been on both sides..I understand customer frustration..I've been on the receiving end of that in the past. Unfortunately, people expect a certain level of service and sometimes you just can't provide it. Online stores may be a better route to get what you want, but they also screw up..and it's a lot harder to return stuff..especially if there's no dealer here to try stuff on.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Well Mr Motorcycler, I would hope that the general publiic is a little more honest than yourself and Krazybones.

As a customer who witnessed the BS from Krazybones right from the time he walked into the store and demanded to know about his helmet, to his outrageous claims of John's yelling, and refusal to help, etc...at least he could have started out by introducing himself to the employee when he came in!
    "Ya, I called ya earlier, where's my helmet?" is hardley a good way to introduce yourself.

I like reading the reviews here. Unfortunately, many of them aren't very constructive and are more destructive in nature. However, this time I was fortunate (?) to have actually witnessed the beginnning of this BS.
    If you truly believe what your saying about stealing and it's not just about defending your buddies @ RC then there should be no difference between your timmies example and RC. Stealing is leaving with something not belonging to you. Whether that be timmies $5 or a back protector. Stealing is stealing dude, but I don't think you would be saying any of this if it was about a different shop and not your buddies place of business.
    Stealing a $.75 gum or a $75 item will land us in hell just as fast.

But like I said I don't think this situation even comes close to being considered stealing, and I have a gut feeling that RC wouldn't think so either if everything worked out and he left all happy with the proper helmet on that first day he came in and paid for everything. Who knows.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Banned

Rider's Choice is run by a bunch of idiots.... Why do you think McBride cycle closed down???? Hmmmmm???? Cause the doofus who owned it started screwing over all the suppliers.... There are a bunch of arrogant jerkoffs in that place.... I would not by SQUAT from them... I head on over to Envy Rides and buy my stuff from them....
    As for the "Theft" of the 75$ back protector.... if numbnuts at riders choice thought he stole it then there is a simple soloution - he has the customers information... call the police... plain and simple.. did he do that????? NOPE.. cause it wasn't stolen.....

I have no use for Rider's Choice....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    Why do you think McBride cycle closed down???? Hmmmmm???? Cause the doofus who owned it started screwing over all the suppliers......
    Actually, you're completely wrong, but ignorance is bliss it seems.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Actually, you're completely wrong, but ignorance is bliss it seems.
    LOL..... Hey, when you're done sucking McBride's knob... come back to the real world... I worked for one of those Suppliers that McBride screwed over....

I get there and the guy that originally sold me everything is there so I ask if my helmet is there. He opens one of the boxes, takes out a helmet. It’s the right make RF-1000 Voyager but the WRONG color.
    I do understand that you would be a little upset since you are eager to get your new gear, however...

Just thinking here, but perhaps it could be possible that the wrong helmet colour was an error on the part of the distributor who shipped the helmet to Riders Choice. What do you think?

Also, I would think that it should be expected that a retailer cannot guarantee shipment from a distributor, since it not something in their control. The retailer can only tell you a date they expect the item to be delivered.

Do you agree that perhaps you played a vital part in this unfavourable transaction? Do you think that maybe it could have be resolved in a more civil manner? Perhaps asking them re-order the correct colour, and suggesting a discount for your troubles, might have worked better, no?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    LOL..... Hey, when you're done sucking McBride's knob... come back to the real world... I worked for one of those Suppliers that McBride screwed over....

My experiences with them (John & Ryan) have always been decent overall. However I'm not a huge fan of the young man that works front desk there. He almost lost a deal on a pairy of pricey boots cause I came in flip-flops and he would'nt give me a pair of socks to try on the boots. John came over, gave me a pair of 'riding' socks from the rack and told me to keep them.

Caveat Emptor.
    Son, observe the time and fly from evil.
    Ecc.IV.23.

SteveT

I hear they are super friendly and helpful to women riders.