15 Side Road Offically Dead - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 Side Road Offically Dead

Re: 15 Side Road Offically Dead

wonder if the city can be held liable in you head in at the speed limit and dump it due to the lack of signage.

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    wonder if the city can be held liable in you head in at the speed limit and dump it due to the lack of signage.
    The bends are marked 30 km/h. If you dump it at that speed, even on the bad surface, you seriously need to go back to Motorcycle School.

I know exactly the corner in which that fatal collision happened. The pavement is fine in that location (and it's on the 20th side road, not the 15th).

It can comfortably be taken 50% above the posted speed limit (triple the yellow sign speed) and it's possible for a halfway decent rider to do it at double the speed limit (four times the yellow sign speed) without crossing the center line and without going off the road. (Don't ask how I know this.) Of course, the faster you go leaves less room for error, and encountering a car coming the other direction across the center line (it HAPPENS, and there is limited visibility due to trees) WILL cause some unpleasantness.

Not all corners on those side roads can be taken at those speeds. I can think of a couple other corners on those side roads where you had better have your wits about you even if you are below the posted speed limit. Some of them are blind because of trees or hills. Others have elevation changes. A couple are decreasing-radius while cresting a hill, and in one case, you can't see this coming, nor can you see opposing traffic coming.

I've been on those roads since the beginning of my riding career.

The pavement just needs some tar on it, its that peble gravel stuff, can't rip like i use to on it, just in that section , but anyone got a street sweeper lol
    If your gonna do stupid stuff you better be tough

has the chip and tar cleaned up yet?

dropgear

Very much so. That long S-bend with the slight downhill and the marsh on the east side is still a bit "meh."

Rode it Sunday & it seemed O.K. now - a lot better than a month ago; that's for sure.

Damn! That's the best one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dropgear View Post
    Very much so. That long S-bend with the slight downhill and the marsh on the east side is still a bit "meh."