15 Side Road Offically Dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 Side Road Offically Dead

15 Side Road Offically Dead

Just did it tonight and between 25 and guelph line its a gravel road now. It sucks the big one.
    2000 ZX-9R NINJA from the WESTSIDE GHETTO

Re: 15 Side Road Offically Dead

That sucks, that's the best strech.
    Treat it like you love it / Ride it like you hate it.

Didn't they just repave all the corners, they had just gotten clean?!?!?
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

which road is this?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

I didn't believe you.

It is gravel, and it sucks large...

chs

if they dumped gravel on a paved road, its probably chip and tar surface..
    it gets pounded down into something like asphalt..

Those bastards. Hope they get their ***** in gear, and fix it up pronto.

DAMN THAT SUCKS , i just road that road thursday hopfully they repave it
    If your gonna do stupid stuff you better be tough

I was there today & that stretch is scray Take it easy just west of the first set of tigh corners west of Hwy. #25. It's like riding on ball-bearings. Only lasts for about 3 km's though. Beyond there it's fine.

Crap this would have been a good thread to read before today. Just used 20 and 17 between hwy25 and guelph line instead. not as good but at least there are a few turns left on 15....for now at least.

Wilko

They had that section buggered up last year too along with the second 'S' east of 25 as well. Make work road for the Halton guys. I ride it to and from work. Might as well take the cage for a few weeks! Bill.

Yeah, I was there yesterday 2-up riding... and I was like, WTF, is the road gravel? Or is the road just beat? I couldn't tell at the moment because I entered the gravel at 80km/h, it was only until I switched lane positions to find my bike do the shakey shakey that I saw it was gravel... That sucked, It seemed I was on that gravel forever, just thinking when is that gas station gonna show up lol!
    "Those who are careful when they come out to play, lives to ride another day"
    2002 ZX6R
    2006 Suzuki M50

I wish I read this thread before getting on this road. Brand new demo bike (Speed Triple 1050) riding at nice 100km/h pace and all of a sudden the back end started moving around. Moving at that speed it was hard to tell that it was loose gravel. It was a pucker-up moment needless to say. Slowly backed off the throttle with little breaking and dropped the speed to 50km/h. I've never ridden on grave/off-road before but now I know how dirt biking must feel. Even though I was relieved when paved road show up again but it was still a learning experience. Don't need to be too scared when it comes to riding off-road...need to be extra smooth. That doesn't mean I'm going back just to experience that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple675 View Post
    I wish I read this thread before getting on this road. Brand new demo bike (Speed Triple 1050).......
    Heh, you're not talking about the green Triple from Sturgess are you? If so I wouldn't call it "brand new".....fun bike though

FYI -- It's not just 15thSDRD, it's ALL of the sideroads around Guelph Ln-Walker's Ln.!!!!
    3rdSDRD, 20thSDRD, 25thSDRD, a chunk of Brittannia, and gravel is getting dumped at intersections too. Watch out on the backside of Appleby/Rattlesnake hill, there's a pile of gravel on the downhill side of the RR tracks getting puked on by 3rdSDRD.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

RZ500grl

I wish I knew too......I was on 15 this morning, they could of at least put a sign....Gravel road ahead! Then we went to make a turn down another road and it was gravel too. I think Halton's trying to get rid of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    Heh, you're not talking about the green Triple from Sturgess are you? If so I wouldn't call it "brand new".....fun bike though

FYI -- It's not just 15thSDRD, it's ALL of the sideroads around Guelph Ln-Walker's Ln.!!!!
    3rdSDRD, 20thSDRD, 25thSDRD, a chunk of Brittannia, and gravel is getting dumped at intersections too. Watch out on the backside of Appleby/Rattlesnake hill, there's a pile of gravel on the downhill side of the RR tracks getting puked on by 3rdSDRD.
    No it's the 2008 Blazing orange with the full arrow exhaust. The first time I demoed, it only had about 500 kms. The green one your talking about is not a demo bike...it's in the showroom and the tires aren't scrubbed. Also, it's an 2007 model with Arrow slip-ons + extras.

Speed Triple is a fun bike but I miss my Daytona 675...can't wait to get it back.

dropgear

Probably for the best .. I ride way too fast on that little stretch.

Yup, knew somebody was going to get hurt up there on the weekend. The mention in the Rider Down section was a little light on details, hope it wasn't a group from here.

A 38-year-old Guelph man is dead after a motorcycle crash Saturday morning. The man was riding with three other bikes through an S-bend on No. 20 Side Road around 10:45 a.m. when the crash occurred.
    http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/398528
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

I discovered that on Saturday. It's not gravel, just tar and chip. In a month or so it'll be rideable again, but you'll still want to take it easier than usual.

However, the 20th/22nd sideroad parallel to the 15 is still sweet! There's a tiny stretch of gravel connecting the 20 and the 22, but it's definately worth taking.
    Give it a try. It's awesome, especially at the East end, by Limehouse.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en...,0.412674&z=11
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

I rode 15 this evening, it's really not bad at all. There is a small section and only one corner with pebbles. Easy to ride at the speed limit in that corner. The local traffic has done a good job of packing down the road already.
    SOAR Novice #113