Stunting ticket.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunting ticket....

Re: Stunting ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    it's not that I want it explained.... It's that I really can't afford to pay that after already paying 1800 ... any more costs and I'll be selling the bike ...

Whats was the $1800 for..?...

1800 was for impound, towing, cabs and lost wages for missing time from work.

oh man.. $1800

is it just the 1 ticket?
    might be better to rep yourself if you don't want to hire a lawyer.

or maybe talk to redline to give you pointers/what to say for a nominal fee

Most expensive few seconds of your life eh? :P

Long time no see buddy... again, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope to see you around sometime soon!

Brian

Hey Brian... yeah it sure was ... with the weather these days... I'm not riding much ... but oh well ... less riding seems to equal less hassel from the cops

OH .. yes ... it was just the one ticket. I didn't go over 20 km/h so no speeding and I didn't make a lane change so theres nothing there and my paper work was all 100 %.

Since this has happened, I've been checked 3 times so far.... paper work wise. Once by RIDE, once in the a parking lot with a bunch of other people, and once at a gas station.

VERY strange year for bikes and cops.

Well I got the discloser documents and they state that the officer witnessed me "lifting the front wheel 2-3 feet off the road for 2 (two) seconds)"

Hmmmmmmm all this for an up and down ... WOW

hmmm well since it was a wheelie that lasted about 3 feet and happened at a speed of 2 Km/h .... I'm guessing it's not going to be a criminal offence ....
    What a crock of ****... someone had a hardon for you.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Yup thats a bummer dude!!!! facing the same charge...got it yesterday on the 929.....probably selling the bike after I get it out from the piound...if it aint all smashed up!!!! I tried to run and was caught!!! If i was 20 seconds earlier I would have made it acroos the tracks before the train rolled through!

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    Yup thats a bummer dude!!!! facing the same charge...got it yesterday on the 929.....probably selling the bike after I get it out from the piound...if it aint all smashed up!!!! I tried to run and was caught!!! If i was 20 seconds earlier I would have made it acroos the tracks before the train rolled through!
    woah dude, lets hear the full story on this

lazer incognito

Well I got the discloser documents and they state that the officer witnessed me "lifting the front wheel 2-3 feet off the road for 2 (two) seconds)"

Hmmmmmmm all this for an up and down ... WOW
    I would think this is an easy charge to beat. Sounds like a slip on the throttle, total accident. Your driving record will help you out. I would bring in an abstract and show you have a good record for 10 yrs. Explain how your hand slipped and the front end came up accidentally, that you **** your pants and brought the bike down .

will fill you in after its dealt with!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    woah dude, lets hear the full story on this
    Last edited by GP_RZ; 09-02-2008 at 07:17 AM.

Sucks! Did you get charged for fleeing? If you need contact for a VERY good lawyer (not cheap) just let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    Well was heading west on hwy X just west of hwy xx and saw a unmarked on the opposite side was doing 89kilo's and just as I passed him he lights up....there was so much traffic behind me I keep going and the road just ahead goes into 2 lanes up a hill so I got in the fast lane and lets just say speed up...as I was doing this I saw a nother opp comming toward me with light a going......so I twisted some more and came apon some trffic and I passed them in a informal way...... when I took the first right I passed another 5-8 cars and saw a lineup ahead and heard the train bells going the cruisers that I left in the dust did not find me......just happened to be an off dutie opp that I past pretty fast and close...he then called on his cell as the other 2 opp's finally showed up....so if that train was not a comming I would have just had a faster ride up north.....But that was the end for me....boy I screwed that one up!!!! lol oh well live and learn! I just hope the bikes ok.....I was watching them from the back of the cruiser looking at my bike figureing how to attach to tow truck!!!! with some luck it will be ok!!!! i

no was not charged with fleeing! just stunt driving.

Quote Originally Posted by jarekn View Post
    Sucks! Did you get charged for fleeing? If you need contact for a VERY good lawyer (not cheap) just let me know...
    Last edited by GP_RZ; 09-02-2008 at 07:19 AM.

Wow... good luck to us all I guess...

Its stuff like this makes you wonder whats the point of getting a bike over 600CC's. Even if you wheelie by accident or speed your screwed. I saw many many 600CC + bikes over the long weekend doing the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by lazer incognito View Post
    I would think this is an easy charge to beat. Sounds like a slip on the throttle, total accident. Your driving record will help you out. I would bring in an abstract and show you have a good record for 10 yrs. Explain how your hand slipped and the front end came up accidentally, that you **** your pants and brought the bike down .
    Wouldn't this just have you getting nailed with a careless charged based on your own admission? Might want to blame it on crossing unbelievably deep ruts in a poorly maintained roadway instead of admitting to 'slipping' on the throttle. (Not sure either will work but at least this doesn't have you implicating yourself).

as promissed, I am following up with my story ...

Had my day in court. Went in to see the crown and before I even said a word, she told me that they were not offering plea bargin for stunting and over 50 charges any more. She said she would recommend a lower dollar fine but that the charge would stand as issued. I told her that if she was not going to offer a plea bargin, I was going to request a continuation to seek council.

My new court date is April 20th.

The end.

as promissed, I am following up with my story ...

Had my day in court. Went in to see the crown and before I even said a word, she told me that they were not offering plea bargin for stunting and over 50 charges any more. She said she would recommend a lower dollar fine but that the charge would stand as issued. I told her that if she was not going to offer a plea bargin, I was going to request a continuation to seek council.

My new court date is April 20th.

The end.
    Good job so far. Good luck. Too bad these laws are making criminals out of good people.
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

Good luck buddy, keep us posted. Did you get representation yet or you are going to defend yourself?
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine