Stunting ticket.... - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stunting ticket....

Re: Stunting ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    I saw many many 600CC + bikes over the long weekend doing the speed limit.
    WTF group ride were you on??

This s*** is insane. What if your in a group doing 140 in an 80 and a cop gets someone on radar? Does everyone have to stop? Does everyone get charged because the cop can say he observed us going the same speed as the person he taged on radar???

Thinking seriously about re-installing radar detector. Way less fine and no seizure of bike. sheesh.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

Thinking seriously about re-installing radar detector. Way less fine and no seizure of bike. sheesh.

-Jamie M.
    Just be careful. If they find your RD it's gone and you get a ticket!

I think his point is that a radar detector is less expensive to lose than the seizure etc.

The problem is that a radar detector won't fully protect against "instant-on" or laser, nor on speed measurement by aircraft, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I think his point is that a radar detector is less expensive to lose than the seizure etc.

The problem is that a radar detector won't fully protect against "instant-on" or laser, nor on speed measurement by aircraft, etc.
    Right on the money, no punn intended

As long as your not all alone out there it works REALLY well. As they are popping their radar or laser working on the vehicles WAY up in front of you, it lets you know right away. Plenty of time to slow down before they make it to you.

Now, if you're rippin the 407 at 3am all by yourself, it's not going to help you.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    as promissed, I am following up with my story ...

Had my day in court. Went in to see the crown and before I even said a word, she told me that they were not offering plea bargin for stunting and over 50 charges any more. She said she would recommend a lower dollar fine but that the charge would stand as issued. I told her that if she was not going to offer a plea bargin, I was going to request a continuation to seek council.

My new court date is April 20th.

The end.
    Hey what happened at court on the 20th?
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post

I've heard for cars what works well is to have an expensive hidden one and a cheap crappy one that is more visible. So if a cop stops you and asks if you have a radar detector you just turn over the cheaper one.

Quote Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
    I've heard for cars what works well is to have an expensive hidden one and a cheap crappy one that is more visible. So if a cop stops you and asks if you have a radar detector you just turn over the cheaper one.
    Good plan, just make sure you don't have the cheap one plugged into power. It basically sends out a GPS tracking signal that says please come bust me

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-30-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgY View Post
    Hey what happened at court on the 20th?

I decided to bite the bullit and go with a lawyer.... and may I say ... worth every penny and thank god I did. He spend 10 minutes talking to the crown and got the ticket reduced to "failure to share the road" ... 2 points.

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    I decided to bite the bullit and go with a lawyer.... and may I say ... worth every penny and thank god I did. He spend 10 minutes talking to the crown and got the ticket reduced to "failure to share the road" ... 2 points.

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    hahaha that has nothing to do with wheeling, but anyways congratulations!

how much did all of this bulshit end up costing you? i hope you didn't have to sell your bike...
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Yes I sold my bike and total bill including a weeks worth of cab rides to work was just about $2,800 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistero2009 View Post
    Just be careful. If they find your RD it's gone and you get a ticket!

Carry a envelope with your mailing address on it. If you are pulled over with a radar detector, put it in the envelope and seal it. They cannot open your mail without a warrant.
    2008 Honda VFR 800a
    2003 Yamaha R6 (sold)
    2000 GSXR 600 (sold)
    2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 (sold)
    1986 Suzuki GS 550 (retired)
    www.ecosparktech.com
    www.foodscrooge.com

Mostly ride in Brampton, live in Woodbridge.

Good to hear your got the charge reduced! you wouldn't have been able to do that alone.

I got pegged with the stunting law too -_- going 121 km/h in a 70km/h up Missisauga Road. Even though i see pick-up trucks going that fast daily up that road, the radar got me. Stupid none the less. I got a paralegal, for 500.00(flat) plus another 600.00 to plea for the charter for the unwarranted seizure of my bike and the afterdavid...Still have my court date in July.

I've heard that a lot of these court cases have been thrown out...has anyone else heard the same?
    Rides....
    1994 Kaw EX500 Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GsxrJon View Post
    Carry a envelope with your mailing address on it. If you are pulled over with a radar detector, put it in the envelope and seal it. They cannot open your mail without a warrant.
    Haha. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by JaX da SmurF View Post
    ...and the afterdavid...
    hahahaha. make sure that after you get the afterdavid, you also get the affidavit

Mostly ride in Brampton, live in Woodbridge.

Lol well I don't know all the legal jargin. Wasn't even aware of the law till I was pulled over -_-
    Rides....
    1994 Kaw EX500 Ninja

All you guys are brain washed that you need a lawyer to fight a ticket. Have any of you actually gone to court and watched what a lawyer does in traffic court. absolutely nothing. first time i went to court was with a lawyer and half way through he told me there was nothing he could do they would not lower my fines. I fired him and got a escape by flight(engaging in police pursuit) dropped no insurance dropped and paid a 300 dollar fine for not having my license on me. When it was in fact suspended. Been to court countless times after that and never paid even a 3rd of the ticket. Needless to say i dont ride on the street anymore, finally figured out the track was a better place for me.

if you had bother to read some of my orginal posts... you would have seen that I DID go to court on my own and I DID attempt to plea bargin my way out of it.

On the second appearce, before I even said how are you, the crown told me that they would not be offereing ANY plea bargins for 172 and 203 offences. She then proceeded to ask me if I was prepared to proceed with the trial.

So yes ... you were successful in plea bargining in the past (so was I infact), but it seems the media has made the courts out to be such a waste of time, that they are taking a hard line approach to some of the more "serious" offences. Note I put serious in quotes.

End rant ... LOL

I didn't plea bargain went straight to trial, The trick is to find a reason to remand the trial once your at the day of the trial with the officer there, and at any point you can say i dont want to continue without a lawyer. at that point they just want to end it. I was not ranting about you, was everyone else that was telling you your f**ked without one.