Stunting ticket....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stunting ticket....

Stunting ticket....

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a stunting ticket... and if so ... what happened??

Thank you.

Re: Stunting ticket....

What kind of stunting ticket? There are over 5000 ontarians ( and some foreigners) that have been charged with stunting under the new HTA172 since last October.

It involves getting your vehicle towed and impounded at the roadside, 7 day license suspension and minimum $2000 fine if convicted.

Doing 50 Kmh over the limit is one of the definitions of stunting (not racing), under 172/203. As a result most of those who have been charged under the racing and stunting legislation, were actually charged with stunting.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

anything like a wheelie or stoppy will get your bike taken away now, usta be careless driving

yes... it was a wheelie... but has anyone actually got any information about when they went to court with it ...

I read a lot about it so far ... but all of it has been theory ... and yes .. please not guilty and hope the cop shows up ... will do ...

if the cop shows up ... beg for a plea bargin ... no problem there either ...

anything else from anyone who has actually gone through this ???

Did they tow your bike under the new racing and stunting laws? If so, then you want a lawyer rather than representing yourself. Preferably someone who is intimately familiar with traffic law. The stakes are too high.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    yes... it was a wheelie... but has anyone actually got any information about when they went to court with it ...

I read a lot about it so far ... but all of it has been theory ... and yes .. please not guilty and hope the cop shows up ... will do ...

if the cop shows up ... beg for a plea bargin ... no problem there either ...

anything else from anyone who has actually gone through this ???
    We're going to have to put lead weights on your front tire to keep it down.
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Angry Re: Stunting ticket....

I know 8 riders that have a 203......the first will be going to court in late july...with others following august, sept....so we'll find out soon

I know of 2...
    they both had lawyers and got the charges reduced

at the end though they were still out $2500/$4000.

well i had my first court date ... my new trial date is Dec 16th.

Charly ... no weight needed... the heavy ticket is more then enough ..

PLEASE tell us that you are not trying to go it alone on something this important.

Yes... going at it alone ... really can't afford another $1,000 for a paralegal to go and plea bargin my case down to something less then 6 points. I think I can do that for free...

ahaahaha ur giong to get stiffed going in by urself. call redline 416 charged.

I have sent redline a request for their cost break down ... We'll see

^^its going to be pricey i can almost tell you that for sure. But the results are good most of the times and they fight till the end no plea bargins and all that other nonsense.. Just so you no if u get stiffed with the dangerous driving charge 1 year suspension no questions asked.

I heard back from Redline (aka Charged.ca) ... they want $1600 to defend me.

I'm sorry but after already spending $1800 and knowing I still have to pay a pretty heafty ticket, i just can't afford that.

Only other option is selling the bike to pay for everything .... GRRRRRRRRRR

So much for having a 10 years clean driving record.

Quote Originally Posted by hondacbrf3 View Post
    ^^its going to be pricey i can almost tell you that for sure. But the results are good most of the times and they fight till the end no plea bargins and all that other nonsense.. Just so you no if u get stiffed with the dangerous driving charge 1 year suspension no questions asked.

Dangerous driving charge...........huh??????????

1 year suspension..............huh?????????

What exactly are you talking about.

yeah ... I really wasn't going to question that one ... but whatever..

In your position:

Choice 1, sell bike and pay for legal representation. If successful (high probability), NOT have to pay the ticket (or ticket will be smaller because of having a reduced charge). It's possible that the representation will not be successful, but at this point the conviction rate has been reported to be 33%, and we don't know how many of those were attempting to represent themselves or put up no challenge to the charges - I'd wager not many, but probably a disproportionate number of those convicted.

Choice 2, represent yourself. If you are inexperienced in how the court works - and if you have a 10 year clean record then you probably are! - then the probability of being convicted is a lot higher. Then you'll have to sell the bike anyway because of what the insurance is going to be. Keep in mind that if you get another conviction under that section of HTA in the next 10 years, you lose your driver's license for the next 10 years.

Unless you are planning to skip the country in the near future or some such situation, I would do *whatever it takes and whatever it costs* to defend against that charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    I heard back from Redline (aka Charged.ca) ... they want $1600 to defend me.

I'm sorry but after already spending $1800 and knowing I still have to pay a pretty heafty ticket, i just can't afford that.

Only other option is selling the bike to pay for everything .... GRRRRRRRRRR

So much for having a 10 years clean driving record.
    Can you please let us know how you make out and if you went alone or not. Redline is cheap compared to what your facing.
    Whatever I just typed was probably meant to be humorous with a tinge of sarcasm, so, please take it that way. It's also not intended as a personal attack, so, don't take it personally. It is afterall, just a semi-anonymous post on the internet.